• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splinter Cell: Blacklist |OT| Warning: May Contain Trace Amounts Of Stealth

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Don't put yourself though a ringer ;p Nothing at all wrong with knowing what you like and what you don't. If it had three chances and still couldn't hook you ...

It did sing to me though, but I'm making do with Ground Zeroes, even though its just a fucking tease.

We can agree on GZ.

I know they are hard at work on TPP but every time I boot up GZ I'm wanting some kind of update... I think they could have dropped some more side ops in there without having to have all the exposition and voice acting. I mean Miller is annoying a hell anyway, I find myself only replaying the Ops he doesn't talk as much in.

But yeah, it's a pretty big tease.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
No shoulder switch... :/

Pretty massive oversight. Very annoying inside buildings. You're pretty much forced to use cover. Very un-splinter cell.

strafer

About time this thread got bumped.

Finished the game for the sixth time last night, such a lovely game. Makes me forget all about that crappy Conviction game.

The takedowns are far my favorite part. So satisfying, lurking behind a corner and then boom, takedown with a knife.

Motion Capture worked really well.

More of this in Blacklist 2 if there will be such a thing.

I hope so, there were more names on the screen in the plane hub place.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Whoever the cunt slapping fucking shithead fuck nugget ass master cock juggling thunder fuck who designed the last boss QTE can fuck all the way off.

Go flip burgers for a living you useless turd, videogame design is not for you.

Miker

Long shot, but does anybody play Blacklist multiplayer? I tried out Spies vs. Mercs on a whim the other day and now I'm hooked. Classic is by far superior imo, but I haven't tried too much Blacklist. I'll be down to play a lot over the next few days, through Saturday night. PM me and we'll exchange UPlay info (I don't remember what my UPlay account is off the top of my head) if you're interested in playing.

So my friend and I just bought this recently due to the steam sale, and when we try to play any form of multiplayer, it says the servers are unavailable...

I've googled it, and there's suggestions ranging from opening all our ports up (which is BS), and downloading all the patches in order and manually (which is more BS since our uplays are online). Are the servers actually down or something or did ubisoft just fuck my buddy and I for thinking they might have actually cooked up something half-decent for PC?

EDIT: And now they just started working. Just bad timing I guess.

EDIT2: And it won't let my friend and I add each other on uplay. We click the checkmark next to each other's name to add it and nothing happens in the browser or the program. Clicking the "X" offers the chance to decline it though, of course. Great work ubisoft, really, I am amazed. A nonfunctioning friends list, bravo. Got added at least, damn.

malfcn

Installing this on my 360 in prep for a backlog blitz.
For the HD textures, do I open the disc for a prompt or just install the disc?
Opened disc 1 and it asked me to do it.

And is MP worth bothering at this point..

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Installing this on my 360 in prep for a backlog blitz.
For the HD textures, do I open the disc for a prompt or just install the disc?
Opened disc 1 and it asked me to do it.

And is MP worth bothering at this point..

I played MP a bunch last year and it was still going strong. It's one of the better aspects of the game so I would at least check it out.

Tuck

My game keeps freezing in the gauntanamo bay level. Pretty much the same spot. Wii u version. Anyone had this issue/know how to get past it?

I couldn't get past the Guantanamo Bay level which probably has my award for most hated level in any game ever.

I played this most of the way through Ghost style mixed with a bit of Panther, overall it feels like a mixture between Chaos Theory and Conviction and sometimes it really feels like The Best of Chaos Theory: All The Hits, especially the Grimsdottir missions.

At the same time, if you are expecting something that is a 100% Chaos Theory you will be really disappointed and I have a mixed reception towards the game as there are aspects I like and aspects I dislike. I didn't expect to like the story but I did, even though I rage quit after playing the Guantanamo level. The game feels like it has echoes of CT in it, and it's a better game than Conviction expecially on Realistic... but there are things that just baffle me, like the removal of the sound measuring and light measuring feedback from CT which is a lot more helpful than the YES/NO glowing light feedback on the suit.

Also, I want to punch whoever put the stupid game trope of nigh invincible heavy units into this game, they are infuriating.

Much improved from Conviction but I still don't particularly care for it.

Then again I'm biased because as much as I loved CT, MGS is always better to me. Always.

Bumping a dead thread in hopes of some answers... I liked how in Conviction they clearly separated co-op and the singleplayer campaign, but here side missions are co-op optional or in some cases only co-op? Can I ignore the ones that are strictly co-op? The ones that I could play in singleplayer were boring and really hard (survive 20 waves). Do they disappear ever? Should I try and play them now? Should I ignore them?

Say what you will about Conviction but I thought the pacing was pretty stellar.

As far as rewards and scoring go, can I just do my typical stealth game trademark of playing ghost until stuff goes wrong then knocking people out or shooting them with a silenced pistol or what.

Also Isaac and Cole both suck.

Bumping a dead thread in hopes of some answers... I liked how in Conviction they clearly separated co-op and the singleplayer campaign, but here side missions are co-op optional or in some cases only co-op? Can I ignore the ones that are strictly co-op? The ones that I could play in singleplayer were boring and really hard (survive 20 waves). Do they disappear ever? Should I try and play them now? Should I ignore them?

Its been a while since I played but I believe there are co-op missions that you can do solo and then there are also missions that are co-op only. I dont believe you are forced to do the co-op only missions.

Its been a while since I played but I believe there are co-op missions that you can do solo and then there are also missions that are co-op only. I dont believe you are forced to do the co-op only missions.

Yeah I know but I'm saying is it worth doing them with a random?

If you liked Conviction's story, there's some interesting stuff in the CO-OP only missions that you might want to find a random to play with so you can experience it.

blegh

do side missions ever go away or can I complete a good chunk of the story first? Like I can't see myself beating the 20 waves one anytime soon at least.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
blegh

do side missions ever go away or can I complete a good chunk of the story first? Like I can't see myself beating the 20 waves one anytime soon at least.

You can complete the single-player campaign without touching ANY of that stuff.

That said, some of them you can start/play solo but they'll be harder. The only forced co-op AFAIK is the... forgetting his name the "new replacement for Fisher but has none of the charm of Fisher"/black guy.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
You don't need to complete any of the side missions. I would recommend playing through Grimm's missions though because they're some of the best missions in the game and completing them all unlocks the best stealth suit in the game.

You can complete the single-player campaign without touching ANY of that stuff.

That said, some of them you can start/play solo but they'll be harder. The only forced co-op AFAIK is the... forgetting his name the "new replacement for Fisher but has none of the charm of Fisher"/black guy.

I'm only running on medium settings but his face is the most dead face I've ever seen lol. Also no Ironside still hurts :/

Thanks for the info though. They never disappear though right?

holy fuck, the Grim missions don't save after each objective? got two out of the way and kicked back to the start after failing one

and the Kobin side mission didn't save after I got halfway through when I exited the game :)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

and this dual breaching nonsense? fuck outta here

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
The the Grimm missions have no checkpoints. That's what makes them so awesome and tense. :) They're actually not that hard if you take your time to survey the area before making a move. I think the hardest mission was actually the first one when you have to get to the top of the lighthouse (or whatever it was).

soultron

Banned
holy fuck, the Grim missions don't save after each objective? got two out of the way and kicked back to the start after failing one

and the Kobin side mission didn't save after I got halfway through when I exited the game :)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

and this dual breaching nonsense? fuck outta here

The Grim missions are instant mission failure if you start loud combat/get detected and they start you from the beginning, yes. They're meant to be the "hardcore stealth" challenge missions in the game.

The the Grimm missions have no checkpoints. That's what makes them so awesome and tense. :) They're actually not that hard if you take your time to survey the area before making a move. I think the hardest mission was actually the first one when you have to get to the top of the lighthouse (or whatever it was).

The Grim missions are instant mission failure if you start loud combat/get detected and they start you from the beginning, yes. They're meant to be the "hardcore stealth" challenge missions in the game.

Yeah I get that, it's just I don't see why they don't save at checkpoints. Between that and the Kobin missions not saving if you exit to desktop the game doesn't really respect my time. I'm only playing on Realistic as well.

Also I thought having a new voice actor wouldn't bother me too much but the new guy is the DEFINITION of bland jesus. Even more apparent since they've got Elias Toufexis back as one of the main guys. Adam Jensen new-Fisher is not.

Top Bottom