• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splinter Cell: Blacklist |OT| Warning: May Contain Trace Amounts Of Stealth

hao chi

Could anybody with the 360 version tell me how active matchmaking for Classic Mode is? One of my friends and I are thinking about getting the 360 version since matchmaking on PS3 takes forever.

Or if anybody on PS3 wants to play customs, that'd also be great. I already have a few other people interested in doing customs.

PSN: hao-chi

Ashtar

This game is still one of my favorite of the year, I'm stuck on the oil tanker though.
I was by my cousins house and I played through a few levels on perfectionist.... man that stuff is tough

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I finished the
Detention Center
mission yesterday. That's more like it - a stealth-heavy level that doesn't require me to go balls-out killing everyone around me for a "Cinematic Set Piece" moment.

Of course once that level was over I was dropped into a follow-up level that is EXACTLY a "Cinematic Set Piece" action moment where I am supposed to dispatch everyone before proceeding.

It's almost like Ubisoft can't get the taste of Conviction out of their mouths and they keep spitting it in my face every now and then.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Anyone up for GHOSTing Brigg's fourth co-op mission on Perfectionist? On PC.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Well... that's interesting:

1466209_10100368795444785_189900559_n.jpg
1452081_10100368795464745_95610199_n.jpg

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Trying to do the enemy wave modes alone, Jesus. Dogs are the worst things ever. Playing on hard or whatever is just below perfectionist, fwiw.

Yeah doing those waves alone is annoying, but doable as long as there are no dogs. Dogs can very quickly throw a wrench in your stealthy strategy.

I've been playing a lot of SvM lately and I'm loving it. It's probably my favorite multiplayer mode of this generation. I generally get very frustrated and annoyed with multiplayer games but I find myself addicted to this one.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
my god this hard and frustrating. But it's also fun at the same time. Bought the WiiU version and I really like it so far (second mission).

The game starts out hard but once you upgrade your gear to the more stealthy options it gets easier.

Those stupid dogs are completely ruining the experience. Fuck them.

The dogs are fine as long as you put a lot of distance between you and them. Also they have patrol routes that they will follow so try to sneak by them when the opportunity presents itself and they are walking away from you.

The game starts out hard but once you upgrade your gear to the more stealthy options it gets easier.

The dogs are fine as long as you put a lot of distance between you and them. Also they have patrol routes that they will follow so try to sneak by them when the opportunity presents itself and they are walking away from you.

Yeah I just found out that you can use sleeping gas to get rid of the dogs :)
And I still have the feeling that the game will be even better in the second playthrough (with upgraded gear).

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Fuck dogs.

They weren't fun and ruined the parts where they were involved. There's a difference between "difficult" and "cheap and frustrating and shit".

My god this game gets worse and worse.
First person shooter action? really?
Stupid and boring defense missions?
Because of this crap there's no replay value imo.
What is wrong with Ubisoft?

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
My god this game gets worse and worse.
First person shooter action? really?
Stupid and boring defense missions?
Because of this crap there's no replay value imo.
What is wrong with Ubisoft?

You done Grim's missions yet? Some of the best in the series.

Also? You can ghost those stupid first person bits.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
this game is $25 on Amazon and i had a gift card so I've just joined this party.

B)

i like the series, only played the demo of conviction but have the original trilogy on xb. i hear this entry is well regarded

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
heh :p
No, haven't been able to try co-op. I'm playng on WiiU and there's no one online. Seriously, it's a wasteland.
I managed to beat this mission though. ;)

It's was not a wasteland at launch, but it didn't work for so long before it got patched that people dropped any hope and didn't bother any more.

Fantasmo

Nice reboot.

Too bad it suffers from the same failings as all stealth games; that being the first mission is too tough, it isn't exactly fun when I'm not eased into anything, and I keep getting spotted.

Safehouse, Benghazi, Libya, is crawling with enemies that are facing you and block your progress and this mission isn't very conducive to experimentation with your toys.

At least give me one mission where I get to treat things like a playground so I'm not reloading checkpoints all day, god.

Omzz

had picked this up for wii u for 5 bucks at best buy. i guess one advantage for having a wii u is getting 3rd party games at disgustingly low prices

liking this game quite a bit. trying to ghost sections is way more fun than just going out guns blazing. i actually recommend doing that to make the game more enjoyable

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
had picked this up for wii u for 5 bucks at best buy. i guess one advantage for having a wii u is getting 3rd party games at disgustingly low prices

liking this game quite a bit. trying to ghost sections is way more fun than just going out guns blazing. i actually recommend doing that to make the game more enjoyable

Yup, trying to ghost this game is pretty fun. I did my first run as a Panther and now I'm doing a Perfectionist Ghost run. It can be pretty exhilarating at times.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I realise a lot of people probably love the campaign artifice, but if the next game is just a bunch of new side-mission maps, I'd be okay with it. The 4E missions were excellent. They must have been a lot of fun cooperatively.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I realise a lot of people probably love the campaign artifice, but if the next game is just a bunch of new side-mission maps, I'd be okay with it. The 4E missions were excellent. They must have been a lot of fun cooperatively.

Grim's missions are some of the best in the entire series.

Omzz

just did a mission where you play as fisher and briggs

and holy fuck the fps part is shit. why the hell did they do that? i hate briggs even more now

Just played the
Iran
last night. Great way to piss a player off. I gave up ghosting that one for a bit.

Anyone else play this on Wii U? SvM and coop is completely hit or miss for me. I either get into a game quick or it just isn't going to work. Some people suggested putting the Wii U into the DMZ on the router which seemed to fix it. But when I can't find any games I have to restart the enter console to get it working again. Am I dreaming? Is it really that bad or are there just that few people playing it?

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
The two DLC packs are on sale on XBL Gold - High Power on sale for $1.50 and Homeland on sale for $3.50. Either of those packs worth it?

Ashtar

Anyone down for Some Ghost/perfectionist Co-Op on PS3? every time I join a game its some knucklehead playing assault on easy or whatever it's called

Just bought the Wii U version for $8 from gamestop, and I'm damn glad I did. So far it's my favorite Splinter Cell out of the ones I've played!

strafer

Replaying the game now with the Upper Echelon Suit, the suit from Chaos Theory.

Feels good man.

Except the suit in'game has patterns on the arm instead of the wetsuitish effect.

uoTsYWn.jpg

pnoozi

Banned
Holy balls this game is amazing. Just picked it up on Steam.

edit: If you buy it on Steam, pay the extra 3 dollars and get the deluxe edition. You get a lot of useful stuff.

So, is there anything one should know about when using sweetfx (only for screenshots) and running this game in dx11? Something regarding crashes?

LogicStep

No one plays this online on PC? I loved spies vs mercs on chaos theory and I just got this game and the online is fun. Just seems like there aren't many people playing.

Just picked this up on PC. Game looks and runs great and it looks to be the best SC game since Chaos Theory.
Since I switched to the new consoles Blacklist is one of the games I miss most, and the only one without a current gen re-release or sequel coming out this year.

*kicks dirt*

B4D1E

Since I switched to the new consoles Blacklist is one of the games I miss most, and the only one without a current gen re-release or sequel coming out this year.

*kicks dirt*

I would have loved if they announced a "Definitive Edition" for X1 or PS4. I'd buy it day one. Even on last gen, I thought the game looked phenomenal. It's one of my favourite on 360.

leng jai

It runs at 60fps at max 1080p (minus AA) on my 2011 2500k/GTX570 which is pretty impressive. The game really does look sleek, and the UI options are much appreciated. The soundtrack is quite solid as well.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I still can't believe there's only one movement speed while crouched.

The things I loved most about player movement in Chaos Theory are nowhere to be found. It's difficult to look past. Very.

I still can't believe there's only one movement speed while crouched.

The things I loved most about player movement in Chaos Theory are nowhere to be found. It's difficult to look past. Very.
You can super creep while in cover though. Yeah, its weird, but its there.

I miss the level of control from Chaos Theory, though I did find that I went super slow through that game when I didn't have to - same as in MGS4 with his inch-worm like snake-crawl when fully prone. Blacklist's crouch-speed keeps you moving.

More than anything I miss the sound meter, or at least the important of creeping on various surfaces. The latest Thief still had this though, which was appreciated.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
You can super creep while in cover though. Yeah, its weird, but its there.

I miss the level of control from Chaos Theory, though I did find that I went super slow through that game when I didn't have to - same as in MGS4 with his inch-worm like snake-crawl when fully prone. Blacklist's crouch-speed keeps you moving.

More than anything I miss the sound meter, or at least the important of creeping on various surfaces. The latest Thief still had this though, which was appreciated.

The fact you've found some enjoyment with that game always makes me want to try it again... but I don't know. I mean, it'd be the the fourth attempt now. I just think, they burned me with this one.

The fact you've found some enjoyment with that game always makes me want to try it again... but I don't know. I mean, it'd be the the fourth attempt now. I just think, they burned me with this one.
Don't put yourself though a ringer ;p Nothing at all wrong with knowing what you like and what you don't. If it had three chances and still couldn't hook you ...

It did sing to me though, but I'm making do with Ground Zeroes, even though its just a fucking tease.

Top Bottom