• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splinter Cell Blacklist - The Fifth Freedom Trailer

vidcons

Banned
The bond series wasn't established like it is until On Her Majesty's Secret Service. The Splinter Cell series didn't have an over-arching plot until Double Agent. The other characters may as well have been Money Penny, Q, M, and that Russian Friend or whatever.

Walter White is a character in a series with an actual arch that spans the entirety of it. Very few videogames actually do that so I don't see how it's comparable.

Sojgat

Flash Gordon is actually starting to grow on me. Recasting a character so strongly associated with only one actor for such a long period is always going to upset people. If the game didn't look like absolute shootbang trash they would probably get over it, eventually.

SJRB

Gold Member
It would have been pretty easy to write in a new character and have Fisher be the new Lambert.

I agree. If any, it looks like Fisher is younger in this game than he was during Conviction. So unless his real name is Benjamin Button, I don't really understand what's going on.

I wonder if Ubisoft overestimates Fisher's importance to the franchise. Sure, Sam Fisher IS Splinter Cell, but like many have stated this would be the perfect oppertunity to introduce a new character, considering the switch of voice actors and overall tone of the game itself.

nomis

It would have been pretty easy to write in a new character and have Fisher be the new Lambert.

Yeah, cept Ubi is so far up their own ass that Sam Fisher "Is totally like James Bond maaaan, we can just recast him but the character remains an icon".

Top Bottom