• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SPOILER: Spoiler Metal Gear Solid V (TPS) Spoiler Thread (Contains Spoilers, Thanos).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Does anything explain or explore if or why they didn't to try to do this to more than one person as a means of insurance if Venom Snake prematurely died or went insane?

I mean shit that could have been a neat way to trigger the flashback mission have our Venom Snake accidentally stumbling into another bedridden MSF Venom Snake in a hospital bed.

But I digress, was this possibility ever discussed?

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
Now that the server is "up" it's taking forever each time I open my iDroid. Hope they patch that.

LordCanti

I've been watching the uknighted stream, and DRK's reaction to the avatar creation is hilarious. "Now I know what you guys are thinking, but there's no way we aren't playing as big boss"

If that was the first clue, the lack of a chest scar and the fact he has two eyes (though one has a cataract or something) were the second and third. I don't think the "twist" is a twist at all if you're paying attention.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
If that was the first clue, the lack of a chest scar and the fact he has two eyes (though one has a cataract or something) were the second and third. I don't think the "twist" is a twist at all if you're paying attention.

Chest scar was a fake, he lost it in PW

LordCanti

Doctor also says 'it's best to look with your own eyes'.

The clues are there.

I honestly don't think it's a twist at all. To me the real twist was that BB was actually in the coma all those years. That's what I wasn't expecting as soon as I realized it wasn't BB in that hospital bed.

thabtoUK

who knows?
Poor guy:

XKfbMVm.png

http://twitter.com/Thunderbuckus/status/638585868568031233

Ken even retweeted him :-/

"Don't take too long getting used to your new self," I mean really.

Boss not talking at all is awful, though.
Kaz: (dramatic, emotional monologue)
Snake: (blank stare)

In a way between VS being a dumb mute and all the other context clues, it's obvious he's a stand in for the player once you learn more about it. Character creation, then everything afterward...most of the tapes are probably done by the real BB, which explains why he's so talkative there.

The next couple weeks are gonna be fun.

This game is going to be so damn polarizing.

Between the story, the lack of cutscenes compared to previous MG games, the FOB MB coin shit...

Going to be more polarizing than MGS4 for sure. As a game by itself, it's great. The intro alone solidifies it in gaming pantheon.

As an MGS game however.....hooboy.

thabtoUK

who knows?
Why did you post this in the ot? Bro wtf

Yeah, my bad, completely the wrong thread, deleted it about 2 minutes after.

Have messaged the guy who quoted me asking him to delete his post.

Luckily no-one's really noticed my post or the guy who quoted me ;-)

LordCanti

This game is going to be so damn polarizing.

Between the story, the lack of cutscenes compared to previous MG games, the FOB MB coin shit...

Going to be more polarizing than MGS4 for sure. As a game by itself, it's great. The intro alone solidifies it in gaming pantheon.

As an MGS game however.....hooboy.

I could see some pictures of mechanical baby and/or full size arms being tossed in the garbage for a photo op soon.

I don't like the story and I would have preferred some more interior levels to the open world levels that almost always came down to me having Quiet take care of it for me, but it's a well made game.

Yeah, my bad, completely the wrong thread, deleted it about 2 minutes after.

Have messaged the guy who quoted me asking him to delete his post.

Luckily no-one's really noticed my post or the guy who quoted me ;-)

What's so wrong about the picture ._. Am I missing something?

LordCanti

Is there ever an explanation for why the world "wants Big Boss dead?" I'm sure this has been asked numerous times, but it seems like such a hand-wave explanation.

He was the leader of a mercenary band that had gained a nuclear arsenal. He upset the balance of power far too much for the world superpowers to leave him alone.

He was the leader of a mercenary band that had gained a nuclear arsenal. He upset the balance of power far too much for the world superpowers to leave him alone.

I guess, but the events of Peace Walker were so far removed from anything else. CIA splinter faction, secret organization ruling the U.S., some Soviet guy. It's surprising for anyone to suddenly mention world powers caring about some PMC in South America.

Is Venom Snake having hallucinations important or is it a red herring?

LordCanti

I guess, but the events of Peace Walker were so far removed from anything else. CIA splinter faction, secret organization ruling the U.S., some Soviet guy. It's surprising for anyone to suddenly mention world powers caring about some PMC in South America.

Is Venom Snake having hallucinations important or is it a red herring?

They care because Big Boss is involved. During the PW incident he saved the planet from nuclear holocaust by calling the joint chiefs and being like "Hey man, I'm Big Boss. Don't launch your nukes". The guy is known to pretty much everyone in power as both a hero and a threat to the status quo.

As far as his hallucination go, important in what context? Are you finished with the game?

caesar

Banned
...? Like unless people know the intimacy differences of VS and BB, dunno why a big deal is being made ._.

And Ken retweeting him, there's nothing wrong with it. That is Big Boss, as far as people playing the game are concerned.
He said 'poor guy' implying something is up with the picture. It is feasible you could connect the dots.

So the fight with Quiet. I couldn't successfully sneak up on her so it ended up in a sniping fight between a Pistol and a Sniper rifle. It wasn't particularly elegant. Is there any way to trick her (non lethal) into not seeing me?

It's funny reading the OT and seeing them go through the same process as this thread. They've copped onto changing Medics face. It will almost be like an exact retread.

Almost like the original S3

LordCanti

So the fight with Quiet. I couldn't successfully sneak up on her so it ended up in a sniping fight between a Pistol and a Sniper rifle. It wasn't particularly elegant. Is there any way to trick her (non lethal) into not seeing me?

Go prone and sneak around. Not sure there's any other method for "fooling her". Find her using the mic in the binocs if you've lost her location.

co1onel

From OT:

Oh dear.

I don't really understand why people think it's for your MGO character. It makes no sense in the context. Why would we create an MGO character in the middle of the single player opening, just to have it go back to big boss.

Funny, in the prologue if you die it says mission failed, if Ishmael dies it says Time Paradox

So damn obvious if you pay attention

Lol, it's so damn obvious looking back. I feel like the main thing keeping people from catching on, is simply that they don't want to believe it.

thabtoUK

who knows?
I don't really understand why people think it's for your MGO character. It makes no sense in the context. Why would we create an MGO character in the middle of the single player opening.

Because they don't know what it's actually for.

Even the official guide says it's just for the online features ;-)

co1onel

Because they don't know what it's actually for.

Even the official guide says it's just for the online features ;-)

Yeah, but even before we knew the twist, it was still pretty obvious something was off about it. I guess including it in the guide is a good way to get players to overlook it though.

Scott667

I just got to mission 6 and wanted to know if its possible to
take down the Skull unit non lethally. I generally play MGS games with as few kills as possible, but this seems to be impossible. Also, I guess the fultoning them is out of the question, right? haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom