• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SPOILER: Spoiler Metal Gear Solid V (TPS) Spoiler Thread (Contains Spoilers, Thanos).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whole thing just felt incomplete. Makes you wonder how far into development Kojima and Konami began having problems because Act 2 feels like it was just thrown together. Now we see this Kingdom of the Flies story that never came to fruition.

What a shame. A lot of unanswered questions that we know for a fact won't ever be resolved because this time it's really over.

LordCanti

Whole thing just felt incomplete. Makes you wonder how far into development Kojima and Konami began having problems because Act 2 feels like it was just thrown together. Now we see this Kingdom of the Flies story that never came to fruition.

What a shame. A lot of unanswered questions that we know for a fact won't ever be resolved because this time it's really over.

If there were a fairly large chunk in a new part of Africa where you track down Eli, that'd have made Chapter 2 actually feel like a fully realized thing for sure. It's a shame.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
If there were a fairly large chunk in a new part of Africa where you track down Eli, that'd have made Chapter 2 actually feel like a fully realized thing for sure. It's a shame.

I'm sure it could have featured Solidus. They didn't pick Africa and have the whole child soldiers thing for nothing, it feels like it was strung up to lead to that in some way.

edit: Unrelated, Shinkawa art for PR, looks similar?
HKI0jJD.jpg

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Got this from optional codec: Miller doesn't get a prosthetic like Venom so he never forgets the pain. Ocelot says this.

Anung

Un Rama
How do I deal with this quarantine nonsense? I stick unhealthy people and unsanitary people in the quarantine zone but 40 of my crew just died :(

I guess the silent protaganist thing makes more sense when you see the full picture. From what little we saw of the real Boss, he seemed to be much more talkative in the usual Snake fashion than the phantom Boss.

Alienous

mission 42 i think and i need help killing the skull unit after rescuing code talker on extreme mode. Shit is so hard

Get D-Walker. Get the attachment that gives you more ammo if you can, and the minigun. You don't need the extra ammo, but it'll help.

Pick a shotgun, and try to survive as long as possible while hitting the Skulls with the shotgun. If you can shoot all of your ammo that's good, but if not, at least try to remove the armour on two of the Skulls. I didn't bother to try to reverse their sword attacks; just tap square to dodge when you know one is coming and hit them with as many shotgun rounds as you can get off.

After that get in D-Walker, keep moving, watch out for them throwing stuff at you and minigun the hell out of them. They'll do that mist thing to try to rust D-Walker, so stay away and shoot them. If their armour is removed you can kill them before they stop doing the mist thing. They are stationary doing it.

That should also get you an S-rank. Good luck.

Sticking near the plane in the hanger, and the areas just surrounding it, also helps. It gives the Skulls less of a chance to do that rock throwing thing.

So she was a ghost after all? Then how could Big Boss 2 interact with her and the others like Ocelot see her? Also if tehy were hit by a rocket from anotehr chopper, then how could her second removed bomb explode on her? This is complete nonsense.

From what i understand
She was never there. The 2nd bomb went off in GZ. She died there and then. BB hallucinated everything. The bomb you see exploding in this scene is him remembering what happened 9 years ago.

Qvoth

I have no intention to play this, so just give it to me
I heard from /v/ few days ago you actually play as
medic
? Is that confirmed?
And is
young solid
in the game?
Is skullface
big boss
?

ant1532

Banned
can anyone answer only yes or no to these questions please?? i haven't looked at any spoilers. im risking just posting in this thread!!!

are there boss fights in the game?
is david hayter in the game?

entremet

can anyone answer only yes or no to these questions please?? i haven't looked at any spoilers. im risking just posting in this thread!!!

are there boss fights in the game?
is david hayter in the game?

There are boss fights in the games.

No David Hayter. The OP really needs to be updated lol.

Speaking of Solidus. The timeline of events screens that rolled by at the end of game mentions Liquid and Solid but no Solidus at all from what I saw. They really want to forget he ever even existed.

They might have mentioned his role in Big Shell but nothing else.

Has there been any reason why it's been cut.

Pretty much everything other than Hayter being canned (Kojima did that) can be pointed in Konami's direction.

I can't even begin to imagine how this series is going to be run into the ground by them. Hopefully reviewers have some fortitude and don't give the next game an automatic 9/10 because it has Metal Gear in the name.

Anung

Un Rama
I thought the game was pretty urgent about needing to complete missions to find a solution to that problem.

Oh, that makes sense. The way the game was going on about quarantining folk I thought it'd be sorted through staff management.

This game isn't great at explaining things.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
So Mantis is way overpowered? lol

Dude is like invincible

MGS1 is weird because Liquid and FOXHOUND try to clearly kill you but then he explains at the end he was leading you to REX's lair so you could activate it with your special override card system.

If you really wanted to you could say Mantis was holding himself back in MGS1.

If you wanted to. The truth is it's an inconsistency.

Oh, that makes sense. The way the game was going on about quarantining folk I thought it'd be sorted through staff management.

This game isn't great at explaining things.

You're supposed to find the common language all the sick people share and then preemptively quarantine others who also speak it before they get sick. That saves them.

Alienous

MGS1 is weird because Liquid and FOXHOUND try to clearly kill you but then he explains at the end he was leading you to REX's lair so you could activate it with your special override card system.

He isn't very human in TPP, so it's probably a case of "His power was unbounded as a child, and more and more restricted as he grew".

Anung

Un Rama
You're supposed to find the common language all the sick people share and then preemptively quarantine others who also speak it before they get sick. That saves them.

The game had just introduced a staff member with poor hygiene so I put every unsanitary staff member into quarantine.

Whoops.

entremet

Manipulating the protagonist is a MGS staple by this point.

I think only MGS4 is the only one where it doesn't happen.

Shadow Moses-REX activation
Big Shell-S3
Operation Snake Eater-Eliminate the Boss and Get the Philosopher's Legacy

I am still waiting on the rumored "third ending " of the game and how to unlock it.

We have the skull face ending. We have the "truth" ending. But apparently they one review said there is a third ending as well as other sources. They must've swore to a blood oath secrecy method if this is real and not out yet.

Gun Animal

I am still waiting on the rumored "third ending " of the game and how to unlock it.

We have the skull face ending. We have the "truth" ending. But apparently they one review said there is a third ending as well as other sources. They must've swore to a blood oath secrecy method if this is real and not out yet.
Truth is the third ending. Quiet's ending is the 2nd ending.

Alienous

Quiet's. That also causes the credits to roll.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom