• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SPOILER: Spoiler Metal Gear Solid V (TPS) Spoiler Thread (Contains Spoilers, Thanos).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fehyd

Banned
Anyone figured out the demon score aspect yet?

Trying my best to play nice and not grow a huge horn, but it's gotten a little bigger.

Mendrox

Meh ... it doesn't seem to be that essential .

Though do we know what happens to the ST-84 in the game ?

Because having such a powerful Metal Gear loose would be incredibly dangerous. At least that cut missions shows that it was destroyed.

Well in that video we were able to see that we would have destroyed it completely. The rest of the Metal Gear would have been made into Rex I guess?

MAX PAYMENT

It's so crazy that the big twist is right in front of you the whole time. You can see it in the aerial command post throughout the entire game.

I've just finished Act One. I thought that was the end. Without spoiling anything(I clicked the thread and made very sure I didn't look at anything apart from the reply button) can someone PM me with how many acts there are.

Thanks.

Cronen

Can someone break down to me how many endings there are in the game? I feel like there's conflicting information?

There's a base ending, a ending to do with Quiet and then something to do with Mission 46? I can't seem to find anything that just confirms the number of endings and how you get them?

seth24

Neo Member
Well this is dumb,it looks like mission 28 will end this

i wish i didnt run around MB like an idiot and wasted time.

lol

yeah when it happened to me, i was panic and play through all main mission available

Don't wanna lose all that A rank soldiers :))

webrunner

You mean like the end of the Episode 51 video thingy?

Well some people speculated that in MGS-Verse 9/11 may have been an inside job (conspiracy theorists go woooo) by the Patriot AI to expedite the world on a path to war economy by edging America towards the war in the middle east etc.

well i mean that they show that after what happened during MGS2 dev.
MGS2's ending was altered at the last minute due to 9/11 happening right when konami were finishing up development and the original ending showing massive destruction in NY

That's why the game sort of cuts strangely from inside arsenal gear to suddenly being on the roof with solidus

Synekal

Neo Member
This may have been explained already, but I've just been Command+F'ing through each page of this thread searching for 'dog' and trying to retain anything I've read, BUT

Can anyone tell me if your dog dies?

I know it's probably a weird thing to ask, but it's a thing I have...
I may or may not Fulton the puppy depending on the outcome.

DNAbro

This may have been explained already, but I've just been Command+F'ing through each page of this thread searching for 'dog' and trying to retain anything I've read, BUT

Can anyone tell me if your dog dies?

I know it's probably a weird thing to ask, but it's a thing I have...
I may or may not Fulton the puppy depending on the outcome.

no. I don't think it can even permanently die no matter what.

hey guys, can anyone please let me know the number of endings this game has?

As far as I know:

Ending 1: Skull face
Ending 2: The Truth where it's revealed that Venom Snake is not Big Boss.
Ending 3: Quiet

I am just wondering whether there are any more since Quiet disappearing as the main ending does not make much sense.

As far as I know:

I am just wondering whether there are any more since Quiet disappearing as the main ending does not make much sense.

That's all we know so far.

Venom Fox

Banned

As far as I know:

The main ending was cut due to Konami being fucking idiots. :(

Venom Fox

Banned
I finished all side ops. Currently finishing 5 more main missions. Will update.
How have you finished all of the side ops and 97% of the story missions? I've had the game 6 days, played 8 hours a day (sometimes 10) and still have around 100 side ops and god knows how many main missions.

Alienous

As far as I know:

Her disappearance isn't always the last. I believe you can trigger it before 'The Truth' if you choose to.

The truth is probably the main ending but it does seem like the entire Eli / mantis ending was cut and the hole was never filled and that's real shitty.

Are you sure that the game has anymore endings? Like has anyone completed 100% of the game which has not triggered anything?

That's all we know so far.

Which probably means there is more or am setting myself for disappointment?

EloquentM

aka Mannny
So the twist is
the whole game you're not playing as snake? Why is that a big deal? Where is big boss for the entirety of the game. so the avatar face you make at the beginning is supposed to be you characters "real" face?

Alienous

So the twist is
the whole game you're not playing as snake? Why is that a big deal? Where is big boss for the entirety of the game. so the avatar face you make at the beginning is supposed to be you characters "real" face?

Right.

It's a weird, needless twist. The real Big Boss is apparently starting the Zanzibar Land Outer Heaven, while Phantom Ganon is making the MG1 Outer Heaven. And real Big Boss is the one who commanded Solid Snake to kill the doppelganger (MG1). Then Solid Snake kills the real Big Boss for doing the same thing faux Big Boss just did (MG2).

Essentially Zero and Ocelot decided Big Boss needed a stunt double that was exactly like him because Big Boss is too unique for them to lose.

It's dumb shit.

Right.

It's a weird, needless twist. The real Big Boss is apparently starting the Zanzibar Land Outer Heaven, while Phantom Gabon is making the MG1 Outer Heaven.

Essentially Zero and Ocelot decided Big Boss needed a stunt double that was exactly like him because Big Boss is too unique for them to lose.

So if Zero cares about him why is Big Boss building a retaliation against him? lol

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Right.

It's a weird, needless twist. The real Big Boss is apparently starting the Zanzibar Land Outer Heaven, while Phantom Gabon is making the MG1 Outer Heaven.

I guess that's interesting, but needless indeed lol.

Alienous

So if Zero cares about him why is Big Boss building a retaliation against him? lol

He isn't, I think.

Zero turns out to be a good guy. He is poisoned. Starts becoming erratic. Puts AI in charge. Big Boss is fighting the AI, I think.

Whatever, I'm done with the Metal Gear canon. It's shit.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.

Because Zero is out of commission. Skullface takes over Cipher, and then when Skullface is defeated the AIs carry on Zero's will. However, they mutate as per MGS4 and become something Zero did not intend.

The Patriots that Big Boss and Solidus try to fight against are NOT Zero's Patriots.

One of the earliest tapes in Phantom Pain shows Venom (BB) musing over how Zero could not be the one responsible for Cipher because it's not the kind of man he knew.

I think they kind of explain this in the tapes you get after the ending - Zero admits that there are parts of Cipher he is not really in control of and they were responsible for what happens in Peace Walker. Once he's taken out of action by Skull Face, everything else that happens after that is pretty much out of his hands.
Not entirely sure how this fits with what happens in MGS4 though, I've probably misunderstood something. It's a mess.

Sub_Level

I think they kind of explain this in the tapes you get after the ending - Zero admits that there are parts of Cipher he is not really in control of and they were responsible for what happens in Peace Walker. Once he's taken out of action by Skull Face, everything else that happens after that is pretty much out of his hands.
Not entirely sure how this fits with what happens in MGS4 though, I've probably misunderstood something. It's a mess.

Unless there is a tape I missed, Peace Walker was absolutely the responsibility of Zero. The only thing that got out of his control was Hot Coldman, but the AI experiments and Paz were Zero's.

Hot Coldman was like a prototype Skullface. Someone in the organization who disobeyed the organization.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
I'm sure Quiet's outcome was cut too.

What about Code Talker, does he die?

Sorry if this has already been posted but there was supposed to be an episode 51?

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/metal-gear-solid-5-collectors-edition-blu-ray-has-/1100-6430249/

I can pay $5 if Konami decides to release this as DLC given that the MGS5 is worth the money as is. Provided that they explain the mess in MGS5.
It was discussed a few pages ago. We even have the video of that episode.
Here is the complete sequence, 1080p should be here soon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-B4JIHh5Jqk

Venom Fox

Banned
Right.

It's a weird, needless twist. The real Big Boss is apparently starting the Zanzibar Land Outer Heaven, while Phantom Ganon is making the MG1 Outer Heaven. And real Big Boss is the one who commanded Solid Snake to kill the doppelganger (MG1). Then Solid Snake kills the real Big Boss for doing the same thing faux Big Boss just did (MG2).

It's dumb shit.
I think the base we build in the game is Outer Heaven, Big Boss even says welcome to Outer Heaven to Eli when he first gets off the chopper. Then there's the whole scene at the start and the end? Venom still has his DD logo but he's clearly in Outer Heaven as the insignia is shown.

Sub_Level

Sorry if this has already been posted but there was supposed to be an episode 51?

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/metal-gear-solid-5-collectors-edition-blu-ray-has-/1100-6430249/

I can pay $5 if Konami decides to release this as DLC given that the MGS5 is worth the money as is. Provided that they explain the mess in MGS5.

What the hell that was a good cutscene and actually relevant to the overall story of the series. Why even include Liquid at all if not to show how he came to detest his father? It's a travesty that was cut.

I think the base we build in the game is Outer Heaven, Big Boss even says welcome to Outer Heaven to Eli when he first gets off the chopper. Then there's the whole scene at the start and the end? Venom still has his DD logo but he's clearly in Outer Heaven as the insignia is shown.

That is one retcon I would be ok with.

It also makes for a nice parallel with Raiden. Both him and Solid Snake sneak onto an offshore oil rig which is not actually an oil rig at all and defeat a character representing Big Boss (Venom/Solidus)

This is a detailed and objective analysis of the end and has nothing to do with just opinion. The end where whe he is looking into the mirror doesn't happen 11 years after the game. Otherwise Kojima would have used CDs and not tapes and a PS1 and not an MSX. The real Outer Heaven is not situated in Seychelles' waters but instead on firm ground with jungles around it and 100 underground floors.

He ist still in mother base with Diamond Dog logo on his shoulder and on the door behind him. When he starts seeing his demon reflection is when the metaphorical ending ending stars, the real demon he sees metaphorically is what he is becoming that is why he punched the mirror to break it. Then the illusion of his future evil self (not the real Big Boss because what he sees is no longer his reflection on the mirror but his evil future version, now the metallic left arm of him touches the right intact arm of his future version in the dark way, same with the horn) is seen and then the the reflection of the metaphorical future Outer Heaven is seen on the same and replaced the same isnigna of Diamond Dog.
And then his future evil demon self starts to walk in the dark Path since that is what he becomes at the events of Outer Heaven: The smirking evil leader since he got the name of Big Boss who will become old in appearance later in Outer Heaven Events.

Sorry if it is long, but it was needed to put this once and for all so no one gets confused anymore.

LordCanti

This is a detailed and objective analysis of the end and has nothing to do with just opinion. The end where whe he is looking into the mirror doesn't happen 11 years after the game. Otherwise Kojima would have used CDs and not tapes and a PS1 and not an MSX. The real Outer Heaven is not situated in Seychelles' waters but instead on frim ground with jungles around it and 100 underground floors.He ist still in mother base with Diamond Dog logo on his shoulder and on the door behind him. When he starts seeing his demon reflection is when the metaphorical ending ending stars, the real demon he sees metaphorically is what he is becoming that is why he punched the mirror to break it and then the illusion of his future evil self (not the real Big Boss because what he sees is no longer his reflection on the mirror but his evil future version, now the metallical left arm of him touches the right intact arm of his future version in the dark way, same with the horn) is seen and then the the reflection of the metaphorical future Outer Heaven is seen on the same and replaced the ame isnigna of Diamond Dog. And then his future evil demon self starts to walk in the dark Path and that is what he becomes at the events of Outer Heaven: The smirking evil person since he got the name of Big Boss who will become old in appearance.

Sorry if it is long, but it was needed to put this once and for all so no one gets confused anymore.

The tape has Operation Intrude on it which takes place in 95. Not sure why you'd think that scene isn't set in 95.

Ishida

Banned
The tape has Operation Intrude on it which takes place in 95. Not sure why you'd think that scene isn't set in 95.

Because Venom doesn't look as old as he should during the original Metal Gear. At that point Big Boss had gray hair. If Venom appeared in front of Solid Snake looking like he does in the ending, Solid would've known something was up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom