• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SPOILERS Pokemon Sun/Moon Begins to leak on 4Chan

Carl7

Can someone check if vitamins are still capped at 100 EVs? 99% it is but..

We are back to gen 4, this time you starter isnt following you.

Carl7

Well according to the team builder it's found on Ula Ula island which is the third Island.

Except the fact that bank isn't up and running till January and limits player to Pokémon from gen 1-6, thus leaving gen 7 Pokémon out in the cold.

Agreed, I had to drop Tsareena from my team due to her move set being pitiful.

Ha ha, original Garchomp continues to stomp all over his mega.

Poor Zygarde, he was robbed.

Lurantis has an amazing design and even got contrary, but what can it do with 45 base speed?

ffdgh

I haven't seen this mentioned yet, but transferring Ash Greninja to your game resets its nature.

It's not locked to Hardy.

Is it picked up from a delivery person or is it like the dream radar genies/pokebank gift pokemon and locked to whatever nature they get the first time?

Delio

so no hordes, no super training, no triples, no rotations, no national dex, no new megas, no dex nav, no move tutors

but hey, there's no hms anymore, and uh some op pokemon got nerfed, and they brought back trainer customisation, and trainers show up in the battle screen now, and it's a fully 3D environment, and it's apparently more challenging now with totems and exp scaling

Sounds like it's time to gen mons if you want to get into it. Kinda silly they nuked all the QoL changes for competitive training for no real reason.

Seil

I'll throw this out there, though as a positive amidst the EV stuff, I dunno how well known it is. Genderless and male pokemon are able to pass down their pokeballs through breeding with Ditto now. Also Beast Balls can be passed down through breeding.

Sounds like it's time to gen mons if you want to get into it. Kinda silly they nuked all the QoL changes for competitive training for no real reason.

I'm still mad they ditched the "hidden pokemon" featured they introduced for ORAS. Even if it did have a lot of RNG, being able to farm for pokemon that knew egg moves was really nice.

Seil

So the pokepelago is our last hope.

I'm gonna make upgrading it my next priority, but I don't think its EV rate is gonna compete with just battling.

Basically I think we're in a position in between old school EV training and modern. Nowhere near as good as hordes, but without having to run around running into encounters repeatedly, instead letting the pokemon call them in for us. Unfortunately, that's significantly closer to old school than it is to hordes.

Carl7

I'm gonna make upgrading it my next priority, but I don't think its EV rate is gonna compete with just battling.

Basically I think we're in a position in between old school EV training and modern. Nowhere near as good as hordes, but without having to run around running into encounters repeatedly, instead letting the pokemon call them in for us. Unfortunately, that's significantly closer to old school than it is to hordes.

Let's say we wanted to ev that Azumarill in sun and moon:

Azumarill
EVs: 164 HP / 252 Atk / 92 Spe

I would give it 10 hp ups, 10 proteins and 9 carbos. Faint 2 pokemon in the wild for 2 speed evs, probably the regional bird. Can we get 64 in the plaza store and deposit in the pokepelago until it reaches 252 in atk?

Gotta test the berries as well.

The Reign of Mega Beedrill is about to begin!

Lol...

I was thinking of breeding and building a team with Mega Beedrill because of this news.

On another note.

I'm definitly rolling with a Mega for competitive play this gen because of the buff. It's either going to be Mega Beedrill or Mega Blaziken. Choices. #first world problems

so does Bank not work with Suna nd MOon at all until January, or can I transfer pokemon to the Bank, but just not back to the game?

this episode was so good

i lost my shit when croagunk showed up and bodied TG

Um, what? Did I miss something?

No national dex? But like, what about pokemon not in the alolan dex that are transferred from the bank? Do they just have "???" data or something?

yeah i'm wondering this as well

gamefreak stays crazy

e: Mega Evolution thing is actually a megaton now

some more megas will actually be viable like Mega Beedrill, Mega Sceptile, Mega Alakazam...those speed boosts and offensive boosts will be so good first turn

e2: Mega Manectric in Electric terrain is a force to be reckoned with tbh

ionitron

yeah i'm wondering this as well

gamefreak stays crazy

Obviously there's no way to know for sure, but I think the consensus is that come the update in January, it'll maybe also patch in a National dex. Since there's no other way that you can get all the Pokemon outside of Sun and Moon without transferring from ORAS/XY to the Bank, this makes sense, but we'll see I guess.

I highly doubt that we won't be able to have a national dex at all, that's cray.

I don't get the mega buff. Weren't stats and abilities always instantly changed when you mega evolved?

No, essentially the turn that you Mega Evolved your Pokemon, their stats would still be based on their normal form for that initial turn.

That's why Mega Beedrill's would run Protect and Buneary would typically have fakeout.

.JayZii

Banned
I've never used the pokemon bank before. Is there any point even attempting to transfer obviously hacked pokemon people have wonder traded to me there? Or will I just get locked out immediately?

Delio

Yep, join us in the darkside and use Pkhex guys, things are actually consistent here and aren't subject to the whims of GF.

I've never used it before. I'd only play casual Battlespot and matches with friends anyways lol.

I'd like to run a Rain set with Pelipper/Kingdra/something for Battlespot. We will see how that goes.

True Fire

I'm lowkey glad that Gamefreak stopped the power creep. It was getting ridiculous with M-Rayquaza. Give the metagame some time to stabilize and then
set it on fire with Primal Arceus

Voror

Super training being gone is disappointing. I don't care about competitive at all, but some part of my brain went nuts when I discovered all the stuff about EVs, IVs and the like to the point I just sort of stopped playing. I just didn't like the fact my pokemon couldn't be as strong as they could possibly be.

Weebos

Banned
Lol, I was looking over the buffs to old Pokemon and realized that Woobat, not Swoobat, got +10 HP.

That Little Cup buff.

ionitron

I'm lowkey glad that Gamefreak stopped the power creep. It was getting ridiculous with M-Rayquaza. Give the metagame some time to stabilize and then

Oh fuck, that spoiler, totally my fault, but god damn I didn't even know.

Totally hyped now.

Hell yes, give it 200 in each base stat, and give it a BST of 1000.

I will not accept anything less.

Top Bottom