• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Spoilers] Resident Evil 7 Demo: "There's More, Right?" Edition

Guys we all just gottah quit and stop talking about it so that capcom gets worried about the publicity dropping off and finally gives us the answer...

Javin98

Banned
Ive seen a graph lke this for lastest doom that had the satanic symbol in it. Could there be something like this from the actual demo sounds and not the trailer?
This is what im talking about
SuuE9Mc.png
That's some crazy Illuminati shit right there.

Z3M0G

I really need to get into playing this again to explore for secrets... I didn't find this finger or axe when I first played it. Are they difficult to find? Was there anything else of note other than those two items?

ViolentP

Fuck! The hell am I supposed to sleep tonight?!

Not to stray from the thread topic, but back when I got that album, I heard rumors that images could be seen through a spectrogram. Didn't know which part of the track it could be found, but you can imagine my surprise when that image began appearing in front of me.

Javin98

Banned
Not to stray from the thread topic, but back when I got that album, I heard rumors that images could be seen through a spectrogram. Didn't know which part of the track it could be found, but you can imagine my surprise when that image began appearing in front of me.
Hmm, I can imagine your fear. :p

SomTervo

Well this game has a save file. So maybe when you get the full game, the game reads the demo save file and checks that you have the dummy finger and axe and thus it will have a use/bonus content in the full game.
Capcom have done this before with games like Dead Rising Case West/Case Zero where you could play a small prologue part of the game which could carry over to the full game.
Other demo also have the same kind of feature added too like unlockables for playing the demo or carrying over currency/exp.

That's a really, really good point.

This seems very likely.

IDK if it has a save file, though

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
OK I freaking loved it. I don't think it's as good as PT but it's really good. I can't wait for RE7 now and I hope they don't drag out the tired and annoying Umbrella bullshit. OMGGG now to read what all the crazy stuff in the demo means.

mishakoz

OK I freaking loved it. I don't think it's as good as PT but it's really good. I can't wait for RE7 now and I hope they don't drag out the tired and annoying Umbrella bullshit. OMGGG now to read what all the crazy stuff in the demo means.

You'll find a rabbit hole deeper than your Last Guardian obsession.

SexyFish

Banned

Welcome to the family!

Rellik

I really need to get into playing this again to explore for secrets... I didn't find this finger or axe when I first played it. Are they difficult to find? Was there anything else of note other than those two items?

The finger is in a draw in the first corridor you enter. Near the bottom of the stairs. Look on your right as you walk through it.

I never found the axe either but I'm going to go back and get it.

That's a really, really good point.

This seems very likely.

IDK if it has a save file, though

It does have a save file. The game creates one on startup and I also checked my PS4 hard drive. Several million pages back, someone did upload their save file here for us to look through.

Se_7_eN

How did you not find the finger?

For the first time in MANY years, I am excited for a Resident Evil game... This demo is amazing. My only concern is the "This demo isn't a represent of what Resident Evil 7 will be" comments coming from the RE 7 team.

Just went through it again and after watching the video... the key didn't spawn. Is this a known glitch?

Did you finish the tape, or exit out?

Today is Monday, where's the dude that said he has a devkit ps4 and can put the game in wireframe mode?

The same guy xPliskin has said many things in this thread, without backing any of them up... He also had to be guided through the "Share" button setup for screenshots, yet has a debug ps4 and can run wire frame? I don't believe a word he says, sorry.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Today is Monday, where's the dude that said he has a devkit ps4 and can put the game in wireframe mode?
Like I said before, this dude supposedly didn't even know how to capture the last 15 minutes of gameplay on a PS4 in order to prove he "heard old timey music in the VHS world", yet he's somehow capable of enabling wireframe mode? I'd love to eat crow and be proven wrong, but all signs point to him being full of shit.

Arkeband

Banned
Like I said before, this dude supposedly didn't even know how to capture the last 15 minutes of gameplay on a PS4 in order to prove he "heard old timey music in the VHS world", yet he's somehow capable of enabling wireframe mode? I'd love to eat crow and be proven wrong, but all signs point to him being full of shit.

He also went on a big rant about how he's a software engineer and we're all plebes who couldn't possible be software engineers to grasp the significance of what he was promising us.

A few people in this thread have exhibited weird behavior and I don't really understand if it's the "fame" of being the first to find something out that leads them to start fibbing, or if they're always like this, but I'm surprised it's tolerated tbh.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
He also went on a big rant about how he's a software engineer and we're all plebes who couldn't possible be software engineers to grasp the significance of what he was promising us.

A few people in this thread have exhibited weird behavior and I don't really understand if it's the "fame" of being the first to find something out that leads them to start fibbing, or if they're always like this, but I'm surprised it's tolerated tbh.
It's just like fake insiders. Some people just crave internet fame and attention. I really hope he comes in, shuts me up and proves me wrong, but I'm not holding my breath.

Fatal Error

Neo Member
in the Tape World, at the door there are only 6 butterflies which is weird considering the whole 7 times thing, and also the woman with head covered painting on the stairs has something on it, looks like a small white paper/butterfly couldn't tell.

Mar Nosso

Banned
Has anyone noticed that it's possible to leave the attic affer picking up the phone if you walk away by wall hugging? After that I got caught by Skip just before the stairs from 2nd to 1st floor and on the following try I wall hugged my way down to the kitchen where I thought I was safe and got caught again when in the middle of it, as I wasn't wall hugging then.

Fatal Error

Neo Member
Has anyone noticed that it's possible to leave the attic affer picking up the phone if you walk away by wall hugging? After that I got caught by Skip just before the stairs from 2nd to 1st floor and on the following try I wall hugged my way down to the kitchen where I thought I was safe and got caught again when in the middle of it, as I wasn't wall hugging then.
yes you can as long you hug the wall you can go everywhere in the house and if you enter the Tape World and get back, he will no longer Welcome you, but I think this is a glitch and suppose to happen.

It's just like fake insiders. Some people just crave internet fame and attention. I really hope he comes in, shuts me up and proves me wrong, but I'm not holding my breath.

Honestly though I've fantasized about if I happened to found something and how complete my life would be lol

I can see my tag now...

Top Bottom