• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*SPOILERS* The Walking Dead TV show, leaks, and comic book SPOILER discussion thread

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
That's one hell of a gift. Rick might not want it tho.

There's gunna be a bigger body count than All Out War gave us. That's for sure.

dustyherb

There's gunna be a bigger body count than All Out War gave us. That's for sure.
With Beta leading the whisperers I definitely think it's possible. Dude is going to go on a rampage after what happened to Alpha.

Also anyone else notice the similarities with how this war begins and how All Out War ended? Negan talks to Alpha and gets her guard down, just like Rick did to Negan at the end of the war. I really think Negan's actions are going to backfire, he killed the one whisperer who wanted to form some sort of peace agreement between the communities and the whisperers. With Beta becoming the new Alpha there's no chance of peace now.

dustyherb

It's going to bite Dwight in the ass too for not hunting down Beta when they had the chance.
Ya I'm definitely worried that Beta is going to kill a major character. Maybe Dwight, hell even Michonne if they have a rematch. I wonder though if we're going to lose any characters that have been around for a really long time. Michonne would fall into that category, maybe Andrea, Sophia, or even Maggie. Cant think who else who has been around a while but someone along those lines.

LycanXIII

Ya I'm definitely worried that Beta is going to kill a major character. Maybe Dwight, hell even Michonne if they have a rematch. I wonder though if we're going to lose any characters that have been around for a really long time. Michonne would fall into that category, maybe Andrea, Sophia, or even Maggie. Cant think who else who has been around a while but someone along those lines.

Would people even care if Sophia gets killed now that Lydia is there? I could see Beta targeting her since they do have Lydia tho.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
It doesn't seem like Negan has any interest in leading The Whisperers, so he must be just there to spark the conflict between the groups and then build his own group again. He could easily be top dog of The Whisperers if he took out Beta.

pacman85

so is the best guess at this point (based on spoilers, who has been spotted during filming, etc) that negan takes out both abe and glenn? i think he should definitely take out 2 people in the tv show. from my limited knowledge of the comics, it seems like rick and the gang have done a lot more aggressive and message up stuff in the show like killing some of negan's guys in their sleep before knowing exactly who they were compared to the comic book. it almost seems like negan would be pretty nice to only take out one of rick's group with how many of his guys rick and company have killed.

dustyherb

so is the best guess at this point (based on spoilers, who has been spotted during filming, etc) that negan takes out both abe and glenn? i think he should definitely take out 2 people in the tv show. from my limited knowledge of the comics, it seems like rick and the gang have done a lot more aggressive and message up stuff in the show like killing some of negan's guys in their sleep before knowing exactly who they were compared to the comic book. it almost seems like negan would be pretty nice to only take out one of rick's group with how many of his guys rick and company have killed.
Yep neither have filmed since episode 1 and currently they're filming episode 7. It seems that the reason Negan kills more then 1 is because somebody in Rick's groups fucks up and does something after the first Lucille victim. Since Glenn already stepped out of line and only the first one is free, Negan ends up killing a 2nd person. I definitely agree that killing 2 makes more sense. They took out a whole outpost, the bikers, Paula's group, and some of Dwights group. In the comics they didn't kill anywhere near as many.

Mega

Banned
Yep neither have filmed since episode 1 and currently they're filming episode 7. It seems that the reason Negan kills more then 1 is because somebody in Rick's groups fucks up and does something after the first Lucille victim. Since Glenn already stepped out of line and only the first one is free, Negan ends up killing a 2nd person. I definitely agree that killing 2 makes more sense. They took out a whole outpost, the bikers, Paula's group, and some of Dwights group. In the comics they didn't kill anywhere near as many.

I always said that after all this, Negan and the Saviors killing 1 or 2 people isn't enough. It makes them look weak and dumb after the Alexandrians killed off some 30+ people. Dumb because a small coordinated group that can take out an entire outpost seems way too dangerous to keep alive and in line. The only logical thing at this point is for Negan to realize these guys are nothing like the other communities and can't be reigned in. The show really screwed up how tough and menacing the Saviors were meant to be by having Rick's crew kill of SO many early on.

Oh, I don't know. The finale was terrifying - Rick and them can stab fools in their sleep, but they can't plan and coordinate anything of scale from what they've shown. Negan isn't infallible, either; I think it's logical for him to look around at these communities and say, oh, this is the best you have? I'm gonna break them without breaking a sweat - and look how many I can sacrifice to do it.

That's scary. Because how do you fight that? (You can, obviously, but it probably is pee-pee pants city for a minute)

UberTag

AMC would have had much more impact from the Lucille scene had they shown the first Lucille kill to end the season and then teased at the end that Negan wasn't finished yet and would take out a second victim and THEN went to black.

They would have had their cliffhanger mystery guessing game, the fans would have had their shocking kill, they could have done a better job masking one potential victim over the summer versus two... it would have been executed much better on all accounts.

We would have had shock and awe in the finale and possibly a surprise for the premiere whereas now we have two known victims and no suspense to speak of.

AMC would have had much more impact from the Lucille scene had they shown the first Lucille kill to end the season and then teased at the end that Negan wasn't finished yet and would take out a second victim and THEN went to black.

They would have had their cliffhanger mystery guessing game, the fans would have had their shocking kill, they could have done a better job masking one potential victim over the summer versus two... it would have been executed much better on all accounts.

We would have had shock and awe in the finale and possibly a surprise for the premiere whereas now we have two known victims and no suspense to speak of.

Do we KNOW they killed off more than one?

pacman85

agreed. i think the consensus is they pretty much could have handled the finale in ANY OTHER WAY and it would have been better than how it went down. oh well. i guess we will find out soon who it was.....

For those that want a quick catch up on official released stuff regarding the new season

S7 Promo Pics

walking-dead-season-7-images-morgan.jpg

negan-s-victim-will-be-revealed-in-the-premiere.jpg

S7 Character Pics

S7 SDCC Key-Art

13754415_1572452469447572_6646460443054242210_n.jpg

13697307_1574453829247436_253350284322985792_n.jpg

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I'm very curious how they'll edit together a trailer without spoiling who lives.

wenis

My co-worker sent his thoughts in about what he thinks the trailer may be:

Easy. I'll tell you.

Slow mo shots of everyone's faces (from footage last season)....
Fading to black in between...
And then negan swings his bat down just off frame...
Then Rick bending down in front of Carl crying... "CORAL..."
"CORAL",,,, "YOU'RE FAVORITE BUDDY JUST GOT THEIR HEAD SMASHED IN BY A BASEBALL BAT"...
Carl, "WHAT?!!!! WHO ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT DAD?!!!!
Rick, "You know..." DEEP BREATH..."......" Cuts to black.

I fucking hate this show now

tumblr_inline_o9n2gqM8WE1t0c07o_500.gif

He isn't a solely tv show viewer, he's got a bone to pick with how that last season ended. Just like everyone else.

LycanXIII

Good to see more of Tara. I'll feel better about her character's chances of survival now that Alanna's not pregnant any more.
The fact that she's alone probably doesn't evoke much hope for Heath thanks to Corey Hawkins' new gig on 24: Legacy.

They showed more of him in the trailer than they did of her.

Apparently Daryl can be seen for split second in the trailer, haven't seen proof yet though.

Also, that car driving over zombies? 99% the person behind the wheel is Carl

Leeness

That trailer, yaaaaas. Hahaha at Carol. "I don't know what's going on :D"

Also, I missed that TSDF just basically threw out who the Lucille victims were by name a few days ago. I guess fuck the potential lawsuit?

It's obvious by now anyway.

wenis

That trailer, yaaaaas. Hahaha at Carol. "I don't know what's going on :D"

Also, I missed that TSDF just basically threw out who the Lucille victims were by name a few days ago. I guess fuck the potential lawsuit?

It's obvious by now anyway.
Who was it?

Who was it?

Not confirmed but the "prediction" is:

So the time has come to give our own Prediction? Theory? Speculation? Whatever. There are two Lucille Victims. And it's pretty obvious who they are. If you've seen Ninja's Spoiler Journal, you had it pegged weeks ago. So let me disclaimer this: according to the filming schedule and our own damn brains and all the other evidence that has popped up over the last couple of months (most via the cast themselves) Abe will be killed first, followed by Glenn. Daryl, who tries to interfere after the beating of Abe, will be taken by Negan and will apparently not like dog food sandwiches. Why else would we be seeing him in an Orange is the New Black toga?

Basically, Daryl gets Glenn killed.

Nothing is confirmed, but its being heavily speculated right now that they just filmed the "Guts" scene from the comic.

They're currently in the process of filming E08. It appears they may be doing some remixing

- Negan brings Carl back to ASZ of his own accord
- While he's there he guts Spencer.

UberTag

Nothing is confirmed, but its being heavily speculated right now that they just filmed the "Guts" scene from the comic.

They're currently in the process of filming E08. It appears they may be doing some remixing

- Negan brings Carl back to ASZ of his own accord
- While he's there he guts Spencer.
I wonder if they'll do anything worthwhile with Spencer beforehand.
Probably not.
What a sad, tragic fate for the entire Monroe clan.
Ah well... at least Deanna went out like a boss.

I wonder if they'll do anything worthwhile with Spencer beforehand.
Probably not.
What a sad, tragic fate for the entire Monroe clan.
Ah well... at least Deanna went out like a boss.

I guess he had that closure with Deanna in S6... I wonder what else the writers could do with him though.

dustyherb

I really hope that the guts scene is happening in the midseason finale cause that means they're moving along at a faster pace then I thought. I was afraid they were going to drag out "what comes after" and march to war" and make those two arcs the bulk of this season. If Spencer's dying in 8 though that means the back half of this season could be all out war part 1, or at least most of it. Still think there's a 0% chance all out war will be concluded by the end of this season. I know some people think otherwise but this show drags everything out and I'm sure all out war will go into season 8.

I really hope that the guts scene is happening in the midseason finale cause that means they're moving along at a faster pace then I thought. I was afraid they were going to drag out "what comes after" and march to war" and make those two arcs the bulk of this season. If Spencer's dying in 8 though that means the back half of this season could be all out war part 1, or at least most of it. Still think there's a 0% chance all out war will be concluded by the end of this season. I know some people think otherwise but this show drags everything out and I'm sure all out war will go into season 8.

There will probably be some original show material before all out war really starts. I always over do it with my predictions in how much comic material a season will cover - therefore I think the end of this season will be the beginning of AOW.

dustyherb

157 is out on iBooks right now for anyone that cares.
Major spoilers:
So it actually looks like Negan is going to work with Rick?!?! Holy shit this is what I've been wanting to happen, of course he could always end up turning on Rick as well. I hope not and I hope he makes it through this war as well. Wonder who's going to die out of those 16 people on the last page.

There will probably be some original show material before all out war really starts. I always over do it with my predictions in how much comic material a season will cover - therefore I think the end of this season will be the beginning of AOW.

Ya that's probably the most likely scenario honestly. Use season 7 to build up all these new communities and characters. I wonder if that's the case will they make all of season 8 AOW or just the front half?

@Issue 157

Come on Rick. It's bloody Negan!

I tell you... when Carl finds out about this... gonna be Issue 104 V2. Gonna go on rampage.

Ya that was irritatingly stupid on Rick's part. Negan straight up told Rick that the kid that let him free got killed him for trusting him and Alpha trusted him enough to let him get close enough for Negan to kill her.

dustyherb

@Issue 157

Come on Rick. It's bloody Negan!

I tell you... when Carl finds out about this... gonna be Issue 104 V2. Gonna go on rampage.
It really is dumb for Rick to give anything to Negan after everything the guy has done/pulled. Something tells me though that he's going to play a part in helping the group against the whisperers. Rick and everyone seem way too confident against the whisperers and we all know it's not going to be that easy. Negan could prove extremely useful if the dude isn't looking to turn on everyone.

I'm honestly worried for Carl and everyone at Hilltop. With the majority of their fighters leaving, the place is going to be open for an attack. Wouldn't be surprised if Hilltop gets leveled by the whisperers.

A few members over at TSDF has been compiling most of the TSDF and other main spoiler reports and adding speculation on it. Be warned, not all of this may be accurate give or take a few details. However, much of it is very likely already by TSDF filming/set pictures + by using your brain. The trailer also showed some stuff that looks like some of the below reports. It's still the take with a grain of salt though because it may not all be accurate.

701:
Abraham is Lucille'd by Negan. He was the one killed at the end of 616.

At some point, Daryl tries to fight Negan/the Saviors (he jumps out of line). Daryl is subdued. Instead of killing Daryl, Negan decides to take Daryl back with him to Sanctuary. But, to save face with his men, Negan kills Glenn (after all "First one's free") with Lucille. It is not known why Negan spares Daryl, but it likely has something to do with Negan realizing Daryl's place in the group (Rick's "brother"/right hand man?).

At some point (I assume after Glenn is already dead but I am not entirely sure), Negan roughs up Rick, then drags him into the RV and takes him on a road trip to the spot where the Saviors hung the man with the spray-painted "X". Rick's hatchet and a machine gun are involved in the scenes in the RV and the log/hanging man location.

It's suspected Rick and Negan have a scuffle in the RV at some point. Rick's hatchet is involved. Rick most likely sees it in the RV and tries to take a crack at Negan. This could be in homage to Negan's line to Rick after the Lucille'ing in the comic, daring Rick to drive his ax into his face.

Walkers were spotted at this location (most likely attracted to the fire); it's suspected Rick has to fight some (so he leaves the RV at some point).

We know during this RV adventure, Negan psychologically tortures Rick.

Throughout the episode, Rick has flashes of the group happy and together in a sort of "future flash" that includes Glenn and Maggie's child.

By the end of the episode, it is clear that Negan owns Rick and the group. Rick is broken. The Saviors kindly give Rick back to the RV to use, but it is clear the RV is not theirs anymore.

Random notes: Rocket Dog made a statement that Negan has Rick's gun, so I assume at some point Negan takes Rick's Colt Python away from him. (Addendum: a rando Savior is currently in possession of it. #FreeKevin)

702:
This episode focuses on Daryl's captivity at Sanctuary. It also includes Dwight, Sherry, and Negan (since all three were also seen filming for this episode). The trailer indicates we will also get some glimpses of how the Saviors operate (ex: they kneel to Negan when he walks by).

It is implied that the Saviors are trying to "brainwash" Daryl in some way. They mentally and physically torture him. We were given a hint Daryl has to eat dog food sandwiches as part of his punishment.

According to the trailer, it looks like Sherry might talk to Daryl at some point.

Daryl makes an escape attempt at some point, but that shit is shut down.

During this episode, Daryl will receive a beating and possibly dislocate his shoulder.

At some point, there is a chase scene involving Dwight -- but not much is known about it. (I don't believe this is when Daryl tries to escape). It sounds like Dwight is tasked with chasing down a Savior who has decided to run.

703:
An episode dedicated to the introduction of Ezekiel and the Kingdom. On set were horses, an animatronic tiger (Shiva!), and people adorned in body armor. (Trailer confirms all of this.)

Carol and Morgan are the only "team family" characters in this episode.

It is not really known what is happening in this episode with them. Rocket Dog offered the theory that Morgan mentors one of the kids at the Kingdom. It was also said that Morgan helps some Kingdom folks round up some pigs (the filming location was an old car wash).

According to the trailer, it appears Carol meets Ezekiel in a school auditorium.

She appears to be putting up a front, but it's probable Ezekiel will see right through it. This will most likely play out like Rick and Ezekiel's first meeting from the comic (but obviously with Carol in Rick's place and reacting as Carol would).

At some point, the episode called for a notable older woman walker with grey hair. (Not sure what she is for, but I figured I'd mention it). It is likely this was for a walker.

There was filming at a house mocked up with a cemetery.

It is unknown what this location was for. Carol, Morgan, and some other Kingdom folk were seen at this location. This creepy house apparently has a lot of stuff going down at it -- not sure what.

704:
Negan comes to ASZ to collect.

The Saviors appear to ransack Alexandria (even taking their mattresses!). A scene was filmed in Olivia's pantry (and we know Olivia, Gabriel, Rick, Negan, and Daryl are involved in the scene). Rick was forced to hold Lucille (just like in the comic).

At some point, there was gunfire and screaming near the Church. We were told Negan was "being a dick."

Daryl was on set in a strange prisoner outfit with an "A" and a strange "I" symbol on it (the "A" stands for "asshole").

It looks like Negan drags Daryl along to showcase how broken he is to the group.

Filming also occurred at a remote farm location. It is believed Rosita and Spencer were involved in this scene -- and possibly Michonne. It is suspected Rosita and Spencer were ferreting away from guns to hide from Negan's men.

So, in total, these people were spotted: Rick, Michonne, Carl, Daryl, Spencer, Enid, Gabriel, Rosita, Eugene, Tara, Aaron, Eric, Negan, Dwight, and even baby Judith was reported to be there (if I recall correctly)

705:
The opening of this episode involves Rick and Michonne (but nothing else is known about what they're doing), but it sounds like they both go on missions outside of Alexandria. After they leave, Carl slips away (to take Enid to Hilltop). It is suspected neither Rick nor Michonne know Carl left.

Carl is out and about with Enid at a remote location (gas station) with "extras" (possible walkers). Rocket Dog quipped the gas station had an "undead problem", so it's likely Carl (and maybe Enid) clear it out.

On filming one day, witnesses from The Walking Dead Spoilers saw Carl with walkers and Saviors. Carl appeared to drive over walkers with a car.

Filming at Hilltop so far has included Maggie, Sasha, Jesus, Ogg's Lead Savior (Simon) and Gregory -- but we don't know anything else about what is going on since it's at the Studio.

It does sound like Maggie (and/or Sasha) will confront Gregory at some point about what happened to her and the group. She'll want to know all the information Gregory has and whether he had anything to do with it. (A moment like this happened in the comic except with Rick and Gregory).

Ogg's Lead Savior (Simon) is also at Hilltop to collect supplies. In the trailer, it looks like he brings a posse of Saviors with him.

According to the trailer, it looks like Hilltop gets attacked at some point (unless that is a flashback sequence). There's walkers and things are set on fire.

Jesus winds up in one of the Savior supply trucks to sneak to the Sanctuary.

Carl is also stashed away in this truck (as he sees it while with Enid at Hilltop and decides to take the opportunity to strike back). Woohoo Carl and Jesus getting some of their comic material!

706:
This appears to be a Tara bottle episode. Heath also appears in this episode (per the season 7 trailer). This is most likely what happened during their two week run.

In the episode, there will be the introduction of two new characters (casting calls Naomi and Jennie). One is a grandmotherly type ("Naomi", real name unknown), the other is a teenager ("Jennie", who actually has the initials D.M. in the show according to Rocket Dog). It was implied that among them would also be a younger girl named Mimi (according to Rocket Dog's spec). It is suspected their story will be touched upon later in this season since "Jennie" is slated to appear in 7B.

Deborah May is slated to play "Naomi". Sydney Parks is slated to play "Jennie"/D.M.

Lots of creepy sand walkers in this episode.

At some point, Tara will be at a gift shop with some walkers (she presumably handles them). Tara also has a scene near a bridge with Naomi, Jennie, and possibly some other female characters.

Suspicion dictates Heath and Tara get separated at some point, and then Tara is possibly pursued by this other group of newcomers. Heath's whereabouts after this episode are unknown.

Eugene and Rosita greet Tara at the ASZ gates, presumably when she gets back. There was also a scene filmed at the infirmary (one can only assume this has to deal with Tara grieving Denise's death but perhaps Tara is injured).

707:
Jesus and Carl were filming around Negan's trucks during this episode. (yeaaah!) Father Gabriel was rumored to be filming, but it's not known what he is doing.

Eugene and Rosita are chillin' at the bullet factory. Presumably making ammo.

There is speculation that Negan burns off someone's face with an iron in this episode (possibly Mark or some Savior in a similar role just like in the comic). Jesus might make a brief appearance at the Sanctuary as he was filming there on July 14th. In fact, this may follow the comics pretty closely (introduction to the harem, maybe even "You are my sunshine" but let's hope not on that second part).

Michonne has a fight with an unknown brunette during this episode (uh oh); she also has a scene nearby the mattresses piled up on Crook Rd.

AL filmed at the studio on Tues (July 19), but it doesn't sound like he was at any of the "communities" (Sanctuary, Hilltop, or Kingdom); on the day he was filming, Ross Marquand (Aaron) was also at the studio. It appears as though Rick and Aaron are together. It suspected Rick is on a run being good little worker bee for Negan (just like in the comic).

Negan arrives back at the ASZ with Carl in tow. Olivia, Spencer, Eugene, Rosita, and baby Judith are also at the safe zone. Rick doesn't appear to be back yet. Uh oh. It's possible the comic "guts" scene could play out soon. Sounds like Spencer isn't endearing himself to Negan -- and, if the trailer is any indication, Spencer isn't too happy with Rick's leadership. It's very possible Negan makes himself at home. Maybe he even acquaints himself with baby Judith.

708:
Sounds like it's where 707 left off. Carl, Negan, Olivia, Spencer, Eugene, Rosita, Gabriel, and Tobin are in the safe zone.

Rick and Aaron are still out scavenging for supplies for Negan (which they were doing in 707). Michonne is also still on a mission of some sort. She "convinces" a brunette woman (the one she fights in 707) to give her a ride to somewhere (not sure where yet).

Carol, Morgan, and "Rogers" (suspected to be Richard) are at the creepy house from 703. It's not known what they are doing there.

By all accounts, it looks like the events between Spencer and Negan at the ASZ will remain relatively the same as they were in the comic. Negan guts Spencer after Spencer tries to turn on Rick (by convincing Negan to kill Rick and put him in charge of Alexandria). At some point, Negan gets a shave while at Alexandria.

Rick, Michonne, and Aaron make it back to the safe zone -- possibly right before or during Spencer's gutting.

There was a night shooting with at least Rick and Gabriel. It apparently had an unknown character coming up to the ASZ gates.

It sounds like all the communities will feature in this episode in some capacity.

Top Bottom