• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*SPOILERS* The Walking Dead TV show, leaks, and comic book SPOILER discussion thread

UberTag

So....Anyone seen the leaked picture?
You mean this leaked picture?
It's quite fetching. Lucille does good work.

Shame we couldn't have experienced it first-hand during the finale where it could have been shocking but nooo... we had to have a cliffhanger. For ratings!
Wonderful wonderful ratings from the all-too-surprising (and yet leaked far in advance anyhow) victims of Negan.

The best message people can send is to not tune in for the Season 7 premiere to make a statement about how much they appreciated AMC's stunt.

You mean this leaked picture?
It's quite fetching. Lucille does good work.

Shame we couldn't have experienced it first-hand during the finale where it could have been shocking but nooo... we had to have a cliffhanger. For ratings!
Wonderful wonderful ratings from the all-too-surprising (and yet leaked far in advance anyhow) victims of Negan.

The best message people can send is to not tune in for the Season 7 premiere to make a statement about how much they appreciated AMC's stunt.

Pulled down already. What was it of?

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I vote for a postseason baseball reference in the OT title somewhere. Cant believe this is back in a few days

UberTag

Seems like there's quite a bit of apathy in the Walking Dead fan community online these days.
That said, I doubt it'll translate into much of a ratings pitfall for the premiere.

raindoc

I read them on reddit yesterday or the day before. Seems about what we've been hearing for a while now. I'm having a hard time getting excited for some reason though.

I didn't even bother searching for spoilers - not because I want to avoid spoilers, but because my hype level is below zero.
They cut one of, if not the most WTF WTF-moments from the comic book in half. No matter how good both halves are, the scene is crippled.

pacman85

Seems like there's quite a bit of apathy in the Walking Dead fan community online these days.
That said, I doubt it'll translate into much of a ratings pitfall for the premiere.
Sadly, this. I'm among those who isn't really that excited for the premiere. I found out what was going to happen and it didn't raise or lower my excitement level one bit. As a matter of fact, I actually forgot until a few days ago that the premiere was actually this Sunday night. They really screwed this iconic scene up.

My apathy knows no bounds. Still haven't watched the finale. I may watch if I hear great things but I think I might be done. Didn't phase me at all to skip S2 of FtWD.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
It's both of them.

I think that's what most people expected since whatsherarrowintheface stole Abraham's comic death.

Glenn's death is like the worst kept comic spoiler ever. They had to be pretty aware that most people (even non comic readers) were wise to it. So I guess by killing two folks you get the classic kill that people have been waiting for a possibly a new shock.

Speaking of the comic, I need to catch up. I think I'm 2 or 3 issues behind by now.

dustyherb

I think that's what most people expected since whatsherarrowintheface stole Abraham's comic death.

Glenn's death is like the worst kept comic spoiler ever. They had to be pretty aware that most people (even non comic readers) were wise to it. So I guess by killing two folks you get the classic kill that people have been waiting for a possibly a new shock.

Speaking of the comic, I need to catch up. I think I'm 2 or 3 issues behind by now.
Lol ya they killed Denise to give a valid reason for Rick and the group to leave Alexandria. Then move Abe's death to go with Glenn's. That way like you said you get the classic comic death but something different at the same time.

Also definitely catch up! These last 2 issues have had some pretty big moments. I'm liking the whisperer war more than AOW so far, which I never thought would happen.

dustyherb

Did they do this with all characters? Or just some sort of fake out to confuse people? Sorry I haven't been following too much on developments.
Yes, that's at least what they said a couple of months ago. Maggie shouldn't be the actual victim tho in tomorrow's episode according to filiming spoilers. I'm guessing AMC might have leaked this to throw some misdirection but honestly who really knows for sure.

Yes, that's at least what they said a couple of months ago. Maggie shouldn't be the actual victim tho in tomorrow's episode according to filiming spoilers. I'm guessing AMC might have leaked this to throw some misdirection but honestly who really knows for sure.
Yeah thought that also those dicks

LowParry

Man, now I'm really confused where tomorrow's episode will go.

LycanXIII

Since they're going with the two kills, they should have shown the first one at the end of last season and did a hard cut after the reveal, then pick right up for this season.

Lol ya they killed Denise to give a valid reason for Rick and the group to leave Alexandria. Then move Abe's death to go with Glenn's. That way like you said you get the classic comic death but something different at the same time.

Also definitely catch up! These last 2 issues have had some pretty big moments. I'm liking the whisperer war more than AOW so far, which I never thought would happen.

Yeah it's been really good! RIP
Lucille
; ;

UberTag

Since they're going with the two kills, they should have shown the first one at the end of last season and did a hard cut after the reveal, then pick right up for this season.
I advocated this strongly a while back. DOUBLY SO because Abe dies first.
AMC got greedy.

And they seem to have incensed the spoiling community by doing so.
I've never seen an entire season's worth of storylines pretty much mapped out in this much detail before.

LycanXIII

How much has Heath been season in filming for this season? I know Corey Hawkins got the lead role in the 24 Reboot, but hope he sticks around.

UberTag

How much has Heath been season in filming for this season? I know Corey Hawkins got the lead role in the 24 Reboot, but hope he sticks around.
He's featured in the Tara bottle episode mid-way through the first half of Season 7 but promptly disappears and hasn't been seen filming since. Tara reunites with the crew without him. I'm assuming he gets killed off although that has yet to be confirmed. Which is a shame, IMO, because I consider Corey to be one hell of a talent. This would largely render his Walking Dead tenure as a wasted opportunity.

At this point I'm expecting the only folks from original Alexandria to still be alive at the end of this season will be Aaron and Tobin.

LycanXIII

He's featured in the Tara bottle episode mid-way through the first half of Season 7 but promptly disappears and hasn't been seen filming since. Tara reunites with the crew without him. I'm assuming he gets killed off although that has yet to be confirmed. Which is a shame, IMO, because I consider Corey to be one hell of a talent. This would largely render his Walking Dead tenure as a wasted opportunity.

At this point I'm expecting the only folks from original Alexandria to still be alive at the end of this season will be Aaron and Tobin.

The price of adding Ezekiel to the cast.

Top Bottom