• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring '07 Anime Season (Of Eternal Joy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
duckroll said:
So.... new Gundam in October as predicted. Characters looks exactly like Yun Kouga designs as rumored... so the director is pretty much 100% Seiji Mizushima!

Site: http://www.gundam00.net/
Teaser: mms://b-ch.dooga.co.jp/gundam_oo_teaser_trailer_15s_1000k.wmv

The new rumors on 2ch peg the series writer as Kuroda (Gungrave, Trigun, Hellsing, sCRYed, Infinite Ryvius), and the animation character designer as Yoshida (Overman King Gainer, Eureka Seven) which would be insane for a Gundam series. :D

It's also interesting to note that this takes place in 2307 AD, not some made up future timeline like other Gundams. It's about 4 Gundam Meisters using their mechs for an organization to stop warfare... (sounds like Wing doesn't it!)

There should be a full blow out on Newtype by the 8th next week. The full details will probably be leaked by Tuesday or Wednesday. ^_^
:O Damn, this could actually be good.

bloke

Due to lack of freetime I pretty much stopped watching anything besides Gurren, Hitohira, Nodame and occasional OVA here and there (Freedom's really good). Though some of the stuff turned out unwatchable afterall even for my moe/trash-tolerating standards (Cazador, Idolmaster, Sola...). Also saw first episode of Dennou Coil and while I liked the premise behind it, actual delivery wasn't THAT mindblowing. Reminds me bit of Twin Spica...maybe. Tatsuko No Tabi should be starting soon but from what I saw in previews, production is totally low-budget, meh.

edit: I mean Zettai Shonen not Twin Spica, late edits ftw.

Defuser

duckroll said:
So.... new Gundam in October as predicted. Characters looks exactly like Yun Kouga designs as rumored... so the director is pretty much 100% Seiji Mizushima!

The new rumors on 2ch peg the series writer as Kuroda (Gungrave, Trigun, Hellsing, sCRYed, Infinite Ryvius), and the animation character designer as Yoshida (Overman King Gainer, Eureka Seven) which would be insane for a Gundam series. :D

It's also interesting to note that this takes place in 2307 AD, not some made up future timeline like other Gundams. It's about 4 Gundam Meisters using their mechs for an organization to stop warfare... (sounds like Wing doesn't it!)

There should be a full blow out on Newtype by the 8th next week. The full details will probably be leaked by Tuesday or Wednesday. ^_^
Lets hope they keep Fukuda and his wife out of this. I don't want no battlescene where Strike Freedom suddenly pops out of nowhere and spam hax blasts everything to bits.

S. L.

well i am glad its not another gundam SEED.
i wish they'd do a more serious/realistic show like UC again but the teaser doesn't really give that impression.
but still, i am cautiously optimistic :)

Fireblend

Banned
bloke said:
Due to lack of freetime I pretty much stopped watching anything besides Gurren, Hitohira, Nodame and occasional OVA here and there (Freedom's really good). Though some of the stuff turned out unwatchable afterall even for my moe/trash-tolerating standards (Cazador, Idolmaster, Sola...). Also saw first episode of Dennou Coil and while I liked the premise behind it, actual delivery wasn't THAT mindblowing. Reminds me bit of Twin Spica...maybe. Tatsuko No Tabi should be starting soon but from what I saw in previews, production is totally low-budget, meh.

Sola's been improving, tho :p

Manp

may i dare saying Claymore is the best show this season (out of the ones i've seen so far :D)? i'm on ep 9 btw

:)

7Th

Manp said:
may i dare saying Claymore is the best show this season (out of the ones i've seen so far :D)? i'm on ep 9 btw

Change "the best" for "Manp's favorite" and I'll agree.

TopDreg

Manp said:

Indeed. For me, it's easily dethroned Death Note on my anticipated list.

I don't know why Claymore is such a big deal really. It seems like a weaker version of Berserk. There are much more interesting shows this season.. Claymore is fun to watch but it's not exactly the best this season.

Lain

Manp said:

Not the overall best for me, but pretty close, so I sort of agree.

bloke

Fireblend said:
Sola's been improving, tho :p
I dont know about that, I bailed out once they revealed 'it's all rooted in the past' part of the plot, I mean they couldve come up with something slightly more original. There was time when every other Hgame had same thing incorporated.

I don't know why Claymore is such a big deal really. It seems like a weaker version of Berserk. There are much more interesting shows this season.. Claymore is fun to watch but it's not exactly the best this season.
Haven't seen anime past 1st episode, but I've read first 4-5 vols of manga before and thought it was very amateurish and simpleminded peace of work; from drawings and dialogues through actual compositions and pacing. Not having nearly any of the epic feeling, depth and emotions of something like Berserk. So I'm kinda wondering why are folks praising anime so much, it's either 10x better than original manga or maybe the hunger for that sort of anime makes you overlook all the obvious flaws, I don't know.

7Th

zurra said:
shouta, is there any chance you guys will release softsubs of GL or should i just extract them from the mp4?

Shouta said something about releasing a pack for private uses after the series is finished.

Holtz

Manp said:

It's not the best for me, i like both Lagann and Seirei no Moribito better, but yes it's awesome. Also, Lagann 10 is out by Anon.

duckroll said:

This is sounding like Gundam Wing. And Gundam Wing sucked. Really disappointing.

Kiyamon

Well I just recently discovered Death Note, but I can't put Claymore as good as it, yet. Death Note is just too original... Claymore does borrow from other manga and anime, but both do keep me wanting to know what happens next.

Hero

Enron said:
There, fixed that for you

Well, okay. It sucked at the beginning, but the episode where Shinn and Kira fought was really fun to watch. Kira definitely should've died but the writers had to cop out and make it so he somehow survived. Then the show just went right back down to the shitter.

Akia

Darker than Black is just oozes coolness.

Episode 8 was nice, they keep on introducing new, likable characters every 2 episodes. Along with the music its just so refreshing.

Koshiba

Just finished Hataraki Man. Pretty good series I thought, Interesting way to end it though, I was expecting it but at the same time not really. Suppose I'll try and catch up on Nodame Now. :) Might also check out a few of the series my BF is watching, not sure yet. Nodame comes first.

Fireblend

Banned
A little late, but I think Dennou Coil 3 was pretty good, I love the direction the series is taking. The whole settings really reminds me of a really well-done Megaman Battle Network-esque world and those circles make me think about FMA way more than I'm sure they're supposed to. Even the part in the OP when there are various chalk circles and they start to glow, I swear it's identical to some scene in one of FMA's OPs.

Anyway, it's starting to take over all other series as definite favorite for me.

7Th

Bebpo said:
bokuracrap03.jpg

bokuracrap01.jpg

bokuracrap02.jpg

Show looks horrible in motion, but even in stills the art is awful. Ep4 was pretty bad looking too. Seems like every few eps they're just outsourcing it for $5-10. I'm almost ready to bail and just read the manga, but then you have eps like ep6 that surprise you and I bet the anime does a better job with the surprises.

OH SNAP! Finally got around to watching episode 7 and... Bepbo is now for sure the last person you should listen for a take on animation in the whole forum. Best Bokurano episode thus far, by the best team the NHK anime could offer. D:

Bebpo

Banned
7Th said:
OH SNAP! Finally got around to watching episode 7 and... Bepbo is now for sure the last person you should listen for a take on animation in the whole forum. Best Bokurano episode thus far, by the best team the NHK anime could offer. D:

I want what you smoke and I want to smoke it all day long.

duckroll

7Th said:
the last person you should listen for a take on animation in the whole forum.

Isn't that you? From the looks of things, no one wants to hear your opinion on animation and most people don't even agree. I would say that as far as popularity of opinion goes, you're pretty much zero on GAF. :p

Bebpo

Banned
Jason said:
anyways...

Rightstuf is having it's 10 for $50/ 25 for $100 sale on older Geneon titles.

http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/ca...L/browse/search/5/4/0/0/results/desc/asc/50/1

This plus Deep Discount's sale = broke Jason. :lol

Yeah, the deals are insane. I spent $150 even (free shipping/no tax)

Gungrave set
Gad Guard set
Jubei-Chan 2 set
Paranoia Agent set
Master Keaton set
Heat Guy J set
Koi Kaze set

What was ironic was that I spent the weekend putting a bunch of vol 1's where I never got 2-end into boxes to sell on ebay since I don't like having partial collections. Gungrave/Gad Guard/Heat Guy/Keaton were all headed to the ebay lot...but not anymore :p

Dead

well not really...yet
Shouta said:
Yes, and I'm gonna be even broker than I am now.

I wanted to get R2s for Dendoh too so I can continue the show. =|
"Total savings on items on your order: $265.30"

:D :D

Dead

well not really...yet
Bebpo said:
My first order of 25 was like "Your total is $652.30. Please pay us $100". :D Feels like a steal.
I was tempted to go for the 25 DVD deal, but I just went the route of finishing shows I already had (Heat Guy J, Stellvia, Gad Guard vol. 1 + Box etc). Didnt get any new stuff.

I'm going to try and sell off a bunch of stuff I have already, I dont need dozens more to make up for that!

icecream

Public Health Threat
duckroll said:
From the looks of things, no one wants to hear your opinion on animation and most people don't even agree.
I'd have to agree to that.

But duckroll, you're not that far behind either. :p

7Th

duckroll said:
Isn't that you? From the looks of things, no one wants to hear your opinion on animation and most people don't even agree. I would say that as far as popularity of opinion goes, you're pretty much zero on GAF. :p

C'mon, at least that guy with the Thundercats logo avatar whatever his name is called listens to me... even if he scares even me at times.

Anyway... how does the RS deal works? DVDs? Boxsets?

And some other various stuff by the AD from Bokurano 7:

Gurren 5 KA: http://youtube.com/watch?v=z6v75pARatw
NHK 19 AD: http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZyyRz0cdwYc

Bebpo

Banned
7Th said:
Anyway... how does the RS deal works? DVDs? Boxsets?

DVDs. Go to the page and click on the geneon remix link in the upper-right. Those are all the items that count and then on checkout use the coupon from the main page.

duckroll

7Th said:
C'mon, at least that guy with the Thundercats logo avatar whatever his name is called listens to me... even if he scares even me at times.

Hahaha! >_<

And some other various stuff by the AD from Bokurano 7:

Gurren 5 KA: http://youtube.com/watch?v=z6v75pARatw
NHK 19 AD: http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZyyRz0cdwYc

You know, you should really do this *first* instead of starting out by insulting people. Promote the animators instead of turning other people off. I think that'll do them more justice. :D

atomsk

Party Pooper
insane deal. i picked up all of paranoia agent, and the 6 volumes of R.O.D. that i never got around to buying. :D

and i gotta order my DDD stuff tomorrow (eureka vol 7 is out)

7Th

duckroll said:
You know, you should really do this *first* instead of starting out by insulting people. Promote the animators instead of turning other people off. I think that'll do them more justice. :D

I noticed this. I used to be less of a prick and more of a nice guy who would have said something along the lines of: "I'm sorry mister Bebpo but I have to disagree with you on this point since in my opinion the simplistic, weirdly timed style used in episode 7 of Bokurano excels at the depiction of motion without being fluid at all and his overuse of self-interpretations of feeling and over-deformation in favor of acting serve much better at the creation of a more naturalistic feeling than what super-consistent empty high-frame count could ever achieve." but sometimes I forget net-etiquette.

Blame 4chan!

Bebpo said:
DVDs. Go to the page and click on the geneon remix link in the upper-right. Those are all the items that count and then on checkout use the coupon from the main page.

Thanks. Probably going to get all of Paranoia Agent now... and would get Lain and Haibane too if I didn't had them already. Maybe NieA_7 just for competition sake...

Dead

well not really...yet
IMO, That was one of the better episodes of NHK, animation and direction wise. Loved it.

I'm still not sure if episode 4 of NHK was purposefully done like it was or not. Either way, it was pretty...interesting :p

Holtz

Finally started watching Seto no Hanayome, still on episode 4, and it's very funny so far. Good stuff. Can't wait for the
T2
parody in episode 10. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom