• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
akb0048 - 03

Seems like AKB0048 is running a huge fucking scam on these girls. Essentially build your own private military (that you don't pay) on the aspirations of farmgirls and factory peasants who don't know any better. I just find the whole thing shady as fuck. They come and go under the guise of spreading entertainment but I'm sure, to finance their operations, they're doing some Iran-Contra shit under the table or maybe selling the girls who can't pass the selection test into interplanetary sexual slavery. I wouldn't be surprised if AKB0048 turned out to be a future pop-idol version of Blackwater.
one could say it's a rather subversive take on the incredibly manufactured and exploitive nature of the idol industry. kawamori's genius knows no bounds.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
tsuritama 5

I had totally forgotten that I still hadn't watched it this week, haha.

LlDKj.jpg

Still good. Yuki sure went through some serious character development. He's now a much better person around others, and now his breakdowns are somewhat rare, in a way that they not only don't annoy me anymore, but also became kind of funny.

And I love this series' OP and ED.

Good stuff.

tsuritama 5

I had totally forgotten that I still hadn't watched it this week, haha.

Still good. Yuki sure went through some serious character development. He's now a much better person around others, and now his breakdowns are somewhat rare, in a way that they not only don't annoy me anymore, but also became kind of funny.

And I love this series' OP and ED.

Good stuff.

I didnt like the song at first but five episodes in I like it, the OP, the dance was awesome the first time and each successive time.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Haiyore! Nyaruko-san 6

Huh. The choppy animation in some parts was weird. But, still... Half
Game Hardware Sensou
, half beach/hot springs episode? Glorious.

The cause for all that drama in the previous hardware was so :neogaf, hahaha. Kuuko being a fangirl? Musou Mode? Bwahaha.

Dat cliffhanger to keep shippers at bay.
They know everthing man.

I'm freaking out.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
My opinion against him is skewered because:

a) I'm A Liverpool fan
b) I'm English

For starters the bugger was an A class diver, all the ballerina judges would give him 10's everytime, despite having the talent to tear up teams if he stayed on his feet.

And it was either a World Cup or a Euro of yesteryear where he got Wayne Rooney sent off and winked at the whole England nation the subs bench , of course England got knocked out of the competition in that very match.

Not quite Maradonna's level of dickery, but he's up there.
:/ Why does it seem like all AnimeGAF football fans follow Liverpool?
Honestly - and maybe it's because the main sports personalities in Toronto hate soccer - isn't soccer all about diving and getting other people red cards anyway? I mean, I assume you're taught to grab your leg if another player so much as breathes on you too hard.

It's like hockey players who are taught to hit dirty and take out players like Sidney Crosby.
Divegrass is better than Thugice anyway.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Zetman 7

Kouga's so simple-minded it's laughable, hahaha.
All it took for him to get back in the fight with full strength was a "You saved her"?

These "Now he's Red ZET! Now he's White ZET!" antics are starting to wear me out. In every single episode we get those old fellas talking about ZET factors and how they're dropping and rising and dropping and rising at random rhythms and seemingly due to anything that happens around him, and I have a hard time caring about any of that. It's already pretty clear they don't know anything about Jin's powers. That's ok, but you don't need to keep telling me that over and over.

And despite the fact that this was a battle episode, it wasn't sakuga at all... Oh, well. I guess
Jin teaming up with Kouga
is cool... And yaoi.

I didnt like the song at first but five episodes in I like it, the OP, the dance was awesome the first time and each successive time.

I wasn't too impressed by the song the first time I heard it, but it really grew on me.

Fate/Zero 18

God damn this shit is the best!
Kiritsugu was hardcore even as a kid

Lupin the 3rd Fujiko Mine 6

I liked this episode. We got see a bit into Oscar's character and perversions.
The "flashbacks" (i'm not sure what eles to call them at this point) to Fujiko's past are very trippy and I'm curious to find out whats behind them all.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Anyone who thinks that a character not from K-On! or Angel Beats has a chance at winning the whole thing is just kidding themselves.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
K-On is looking kinda weak so far actually!

Don't concentrate on the weak characters. Mio and Azusa will dominate as they likely always do.

yozora beating homu get it together otaku

Worst victory of the entire tournament so far, but I get the impression that Meguca gets more popularity backlash than other uguu~ series for some reason.

If I were to organize an AnimeGAF SaiMoe (contained in this thread, of course) that only incorporated characters from the past year, would anyone be interested? I would do votes through PM or email or whatever, it wouldn't clutter up the thread.

I honestly, truly, recommend that you simply watch the fight scenes on youtube or something. For all the joking that goes around in this thread about Darker than Black Season 2 it's not just a bad sequel to the original show, it's a bad show period that isn't worthy of your attention.
Unfortunately, I already own it. I will not let my wallet's sacrifice be in vain.
I couldn't really describe a change to the Darker than Black formula than 'replace Hei with a thirteen year-old girl' but they really did it and it worked about as well as you'd imagine.
And with endorsements like this, I can't help but want to peek behind the veil.

trejo

The tits of the woman named Fujiko Mine 1-6

I don't have any easy way to put this so I'll just go ahead and say it. This show kinda sucks. Not so much because the show is bad but rather because I see the potential for something in here that it simply fails to live up to with each passing episode. It also doesn't help that Fujiko Mine herself doesn't strike me as a very strong character to be basing an entire show around at all, or at least they haven't really done a whole lot to make me think otherwise.

Also, it might have something to do with the fact that my only previous experience with the franchise is Cagliostro but I kinda hate Zenigata in this for some reason. He just feels off to me somehow. And this Oscar character just strikes me as this insufferable little fuck.

So yeah, so far pretty much every episode has left me with this feeling of disappointment and wasted potential to varying degrees. I'm asking myself right now wether I'm gonna want to keep watching this or not.

The tits of the woman named Fujiko Mine 1-6

Also, it might have something to do with the fact that my only previous experience with the franchise is Cagliostro but I kinda hate Zenigata in this for some reason.

It's not just Cagliostro, this incarnation of Zenigata is radically different from pretty much every previous one in the franchise. He's the worst character now; an unlikable, corrupt, cruel, gloomy bastard. It really drags the show down when Lupin doesn't have an effective foil to play off of.

Uchip

Banned
It's not just Cagliostro, this incarnation of Zenigata is radically different from pretty much every previous one in the franchise. He's the worst character now; an unlikable, corrupt, cruel, gloomy bastard. It really drags the show down when Lupin doesn't have an effective foil to play off of.

Its cool tho, we got Sly Cooper 4 coming out
which is basically lupin

Roujin Z

From the mangaka responsible for Akira comes a heartwarming tale about an old man and his transforming computer bed!

There being such a low amount of notable works focusing on elderly people made this a nice change of pace. Even though there aren't many series/films with a predominantly senior citizen cast, this had one of the most likable and sympathetic ones I have ever seen.

x1CMA.jpg

Of course one of the most badass hackers in anime happens to be an old guy.

This really did feel like they took the base concept behind Akira and turned it into a drama/comedy/satire on the state of the elderly and their growing presence in Japan. It even had a robot thing that absorbs other machinery into, albeit a benevolent one (
or not depending on how you see the ending).

lhBdS.jpg

Gendo before Gendo.

So yeah, I don't have much to say except I liked it. Fun cast of old dudes, a good sense of progression, and some feel good moments. Good movie.

akb0048 - 03

Seems like AKB0048 is running a huge fucking scam on these girls. Essentially build your own private military (that you don't pay) on the aspirations of farmgirls and factory peasants who don't know any better. I just find the whole thing shady as fuck. They come and go under the guise of spreading entertainment but I'm sure, to finance their operations, they're doing some Iran-Contra shit under the table or maybe selling the girls who can't pass the selection test into interplanetary sexual slavery. I wouldn't be surprised if AKB0048 turned out to be a future pop-idol version of Blackwater.

I first went lol.

Then the 2nd half of the eps happened....

Shit became the intro to gundam 00.

Damn... This show... is uh... hmmm...

The more you train the more cg you get.

Joule

Oh yeah, I actually like her character and most of her stories are enjoyable, it's just this one made her
more of an asshole since she didn't put his name under her protection, Book of Friends, but instead on a random branch where it could have easily backfired and hurt the youkai.

Ah I think I remember that episode now. Yeah, odd decision in hindsight. A lot could of happened in that time. Been a long time since I've seen that episode though.

Most of my favourite episodes relate to her. There's really something about that aloofness despite the circumstances that I find really enjoyable. While Takashi is cool dude, Reiko is cooler still.

Narag

Sailor Moon S 111

Super satisfying conclusion after that horrible cliffhanger. Story just took a left turn and I'm eager to see where it goes from here.

When I was given a list of notable directors, I sort of wish Hiroki Shibata had been included. While his eps might not be quite S tier like Ikuhara, Igarashi, or Sato, he's delivered consistently great episodes that capture the spirit of the show even when it's time to be serious as with this episode and 74.

Poor Chibi Moon.
This is some bullshit.
I didn't think transformations could get any classier.

Sailor Moon S 112

Mimete sux. Eudial was hot. Bring back Eudial.
ommmmmgggggg @ the ending scene with Tomoe putting his jacket on

dem ears

G Gundam 43

Chibodee/George dialogue was great as was the fight against Chapman. Those two have come a long way. Shame the support team scenes felt like something from a longer shonen or something what with Rising Gundam and Gundam Spiegel powering up for the whole ep.

What a way to close out the episode.

G Gundam 44

This show has become so wonderfully intense. Kyoji stuff was beyond awesome
so great the Domon vs Kyoji thing was finally addressed albeit in an unexpected manner
but man, Allenby has it so bad in this show.

So

awesome.

G Gundam 45

Gundam Fight Final Match? omg omg omg
IEubws.jpg

I knew this was coming but knowing didn't prepare me one bit.

G Gundam 46

Why this is practically epilogue material.
I swear if Ulube does what I think he's going to do...

G Gundam 47

Of course Neo America was the first to attack unilaterally. Fuck you, Ulube. I'm so pissed right now.
Crazy karma and redemeption for Rain's father.
God damn, this was so good with the Battle Royale stuff that I didn't think it could get any better yet I was so wrong. This is like GaoGaiGar's final episodes all over again.

G Gundam 48

God damn, the Shuffle Alliance got worked by Ulube's abs among other things.

G Gundam 49

Oh my god what a finale. It was fueled by such raw emotion I couldn't help but tear up a bit.
It was a bold move to eschew from the trademark fighting the show was built on for something so emotional. All these ups and downs shared by Domon, Rain, and the viewer finally came together in such a spectacular fashion.

Such sorrow!

I'm floored by the quality G Gundam managed towards the end. I thought it was a great show throughout but between the Battle Royale and what ensued after, the show became something special. Beneath all the silliness, manly antics, and hot blooded action, there were wonderful character stories between the various cast as the pursuit of their dreams intersect with one another as well as this incredibly varied soundtrack. I knew there was a lot of style but not this level of substance. Just a wonderful surprise and I think I have a new second favorite Gundam series (behind the unassailable Turn-A). In Imagawa we trust.

Yu Yu Hakusho 10

Kuwabara's one tough son of a bitch.

Oreimo 9

Kirino frustrated at slow installation? I'm sure I'll feel that pain with Diablo III too. :lol at the role reversal she had to deal with in the new game. Interesting (adorable) look at Kuroneko's homelife. Figured glasses girl whose name escapes me was well off too.

Gundam 0080 3

That police station didn't look very realistic. Al's also a snitch.

This and the mobile suit construction scene was delicious.

Armor Hunter Mellowlink 10

Mellowlink turning a castle into a deathtrap and a Bountydog incoming? Aw yeah. The practicality of an honorable duel between Mellowlink and Boyle was a bit out there but hey, why not? Also surprised how much the polymer ringers solution has come up the past few eps.

Violinist of Hamelin 4

Who'd have thought Flute was built like that? Not I.

Dead

well not really...yet
I watched the first 2 eps of Accel World on a whim...good god why did I enjoy this. The little fat Cartman dude...lol, its just impossible to hate him. Its just too funny.

edit: fuck me, this is written by Hiroyuki Yoshino? Fucking kill me NOW

Sailor Moon S 111

Super satisfying conclusion after that horrible cliffhanger. Story just took a left turn and I'm eager to see where it goes from here.

When I was given a list of notable directors, I sort of wish Hiroki Shibata had been included. While his eps might not be quite S tier like Ikuhara, Igarashi, or Sato, he's delivered consistently great episodes that capture the spirit of the show even when it's time to be serious as with this episode and 74.

Poor Chibi Moon.

This is some bullshit.

I didn't think transformations could get any classier.

Sailor Moon S 112

Mimete sux. Eudial was hot. Bring back Eudial.
ommmmmgggggg @ the ending scene with Tomoe putting his jacket on

dem ears

G Gundam 43

Chibodee/George dialogue was great as was the fight against Chapman. Those two have come a long way. Shame the support team scenes felt like something from a longer shonen or something what with Rising Gundam and Gundam Spiegel powering up for the whole ep.

What a way to close out the episode.

G Gundam 44

This show has become so wonderfully intense. Kyoji stuff was beyond awesome
so great the Domon vs Kyoji thing was finally addressed albeit in an unexpected manner
but man, Allenby has it so bad in this show.

So

awesome.

G Gundam 45

Gundam Fight Final Match? omg omg omg
IEubws.jpg

I knew this was coming but knowing didn't prepare me one bit.

G Gundam 46

Why this is practically epilogue material.
I swear if Ulube does what I think he's going to do...

G Gundam 47

Of course Neo America was the first to attack unilaterally. Fuck you, Ulube. I'm so pissed right now.
Crazy karma and redemeption for Rain's father.
God damn, this was so good with the Battle Royale stuff that I didn't think it could get any better yet I was so wrong. This is like GaoGaiGar's final episodes all over again.

G Gundam 48

God damn, the Shuffle Alliance got worked by Ulube's abs among other things.

G Gundam 49

Oh my god what a finale. It was fueled by such raw emotion I couldn't help but tear up a bit.
It was a bold move to eschew from the trademark fighting the show was built on for something so emotional. All these ups and downs shared by Domon, Rain, and the viewer finally came together in such a spectacular fashion.

Such sorrow!

I'm floored by the quality G Gundam managed towards the end. I thought it was a great show throughout but between the Battle Royale and what ensued after, the show became something special. Beneath all the silliness, manly antics, and hot blooded action, there were wonderful character stories between the various cast as the pursuit of their dreams intersect with one another as well as this incredibly varied soundtrack. I knew there was a lot of style but not this level of substance. Just a wonderful surprise and I think I have a new second favorite Gundam series (behind the unassailable Turn-A). In Imagawa we trust.

Yu Yu Hakusho 10

Kuwabara's one tough son of a bitch.

Oreimo 9

Kirino frustrated at slow installation? I'm sure I'll feel that pain with Diablo III too. :lol at the role reversal she had to deal with in the new game. Interesting (adorable) look at Kuroneko's homelife. Figured glasses girl whose name escapes me was well off too.

Gundam 0080 3

That police station didn't look very realistic. Al's also a snitch.

This and the mobile suit construction scene was delicious.

Armor Hunter Mellowlink 10

Mellowlink turning a castle into a deathtrap and a Bountydog incoming? Aw yeah. The practicality of an honorable duel between Mellowlink and Boyle was a bit out there but hey, why not? Also surprised how much the polymer ringers solution has come up the past few eps.

Violinist of Hamelin 4

Who'd have thought Flute was built like that? Not I.
Do you do anything besides watch anime? Do you know what color the sky is anymore?

Articalys

I'm more looking forward to the Tsuritama OP this week.

Next week is where everything is at for music, though; Futakotome, part of the Nise OST, Subarashi Sekai (Space Bros ED), Hisenkei Jeniakku (Steins;Gate PS3 OP), Nichibros OST, Escape (E7AO OP), Hyouka ED, Above Your Hand (Sankarea ED), Phi Brain S2 OP... god damn I'm hyped!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom