• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haiyore! Nyaruko-san 06
txcgS.jpg
Only a matter of time before Throwing Forks get introduced as a weapon.
Console Wars! And no purple hair goddess to get in on the fun?

Instro

Here's how they should cash in on Fate/Zero when it is all said and done:

Fate/Snuff- A 3 part OVA mini-series following the adventures of Caster as he abuses and mutilates children for the audience. Designed to appeal to the more sophisticated section of the Fate fan base.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
My opinion against him is skewered because:

a) I'm A Liverpool fan
b) I'm English

For starters the bugger was an A class diver, all the ballerina judges would give him 10's everytime, despite having the talent to tear up teams if he stayed on his feet.

And it was either a World Cup or a Euro of yesteryear where he got Wayne Rooney sent off and winked at the whole England nation the subs bench , of course England got knocked out of the competition in that very match.

Not quite Maradonna's level of dickery, but he's up there.

Honestly - and maybe it's because the main sports personalities in Toronto hate soccer - isn't soccer all about diving and getting other people red cards anyway? I mean, I assume you're taught to grab your leg if another player so much as breathes on you too hard.

It's like hockey players who are taught to hit dirty and take out players like Sidney Crosby.

Steroyd

Honestly - and maybe it's because the main sports personalities in Toronto hate soccer - isn't soccer all about diving and getting other people red cards anyway? I mean, I assume you're taught to grab your leg if another player so much as breathes on you too hard.

It's like hockey players who are taught to hit dirty and take out players like Sidney Crosby.

We be going into murky waters with this lol.

Every country is different with different playing styles, that said the English League is probably one of the few leagues in Europe (maybe the world) where you can get away with contact. Which is why we wonder what the hell is wrong with the refs when it comes to international competitions.

Hi. :')

Let us not speak of the past 4 months.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Nyaruko 6

Xoth 731 has no games!
That suit makes no sense. lol

We be going into murky waters with this lol.

Every country is different with different playing styles, that said the English League is probably one of the few leagues in Europe (maybe the world) where you can get away with contact. Which is why we wonder what the hell is wrong with the refs when it comes to international competitions.
You guys need to learn to flop like a fish out of water!

Jex

Fate/Justice - 26-part original TV series about Kiritsugu's adventures in the 10 years or so leading up to Fate/Zero. Features Kiritsugu on various episodic missions, sometimes with Maiya, sometimes alone. Serious and bleak, but with various plot twists and tons of action along the way. The series should tie into the start of Fate/Zero by the final episode, and is meant to directly appeal to fans of Fate/Zero.

Fate/Conqueror - 13-part comedy/drama series featuring Rider and Waver's adventures in shopping and chilling around in the house, mixed with serious flashbacks of Rider's past life. Every episode is built around a hilarious situation which Waver finds himself in, and only Rider's experience as King of Conquerors can help him out of it. In the end of each episode they both summarize the lessons learned to the audience.

Fate/Talk - 6-part hour long OVAs featuring Gilgamesh and Kirei sitting around drinking wine and having long conversations about various topics. This unorthodox series is targeted at adult men and obsessed fangirls. Each installment will cover a range of diverse topics ranging from film, culture, music, politics (from the 90s and before), etc. Gilgamesh will critique these topics while Kirei describes them in matter-of-fact ways. Each topic is paired with a specific wine, which is also part of the critique.
Well, I am all for your first suggestion!

Jex

Fate/Snuff- A 3 part OVA mini-series following the adventures of Caster as he abuses and mutilates children for the audience. Designed to appeal to the more sophisticated section of the Fate fan base.

Dude. What the hell.

Seriously.
That suit makes no sense. lol
You must not be familiar with magical anime clothes. It's all about accentuating the female form.

Branduil

Fate/Justice - 26-part original TV series about Kiritsugu's adventures in the 10 years or so leading up to Fate/Zero. Features Kiritsugu on various episodic missions, sometimes with Maiya, sometimes alone. Serious and bleak, but with various plot twists and tons of action along the way. The series should tie into the start of Fate/Zero by the final episode, and is meant to directly appeal to fans of Fate/Zero.

Fate/Conqueror - 13-part comedy/drama series featuring Rider and Waver's adventures in shopping and chilling around in the house, mixed with serious flashbacks of Rider's past life. Every episode is built around a hilarious situation which Waver finds himself in, and only Rider's experience as King of Conquerors can help him out of it. In the end of each episode they both summarize the lessons learned to the audience.

Fate/Talk - 6-part hour long OVAs featuring Gilgamesh and Kirei sitting around drinking wine and having long conversations about various topics. This unorthodox series is targeted at adult men and obsessed fangirls. Each installment will cover a range of diverse topics ranging from film, culture, music, politics (from the 90s and before), etc. Gilgamesh will critique these topics while Kirei describes them in matter-of-fact ways. Each topic is paired with a specific wine, which is also part of the critique.

I'd buy 5 copies of each.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
"sophisticated" ?

Branduil

I dunno, all the women in F/Z seem to have pretty reasonable clothing!

The rest of them aren't servants, though. Except that female assassin, who does indeed where some kind of bikini outfit. I guess that's okay though, because all the assassins wear dumb clothes, and nobody cares about assassin.

Would buy at a high price.

Branduil

Fate/Imagination

iJteR23AJg9kY.gif

A children's show aimed at young elementary students. Join Sakura Tohsaka as she learns all about the magic of everyday life, with her friends Uncle Kariya and Grandpa Zouken. Learning becomes fun as kids go to "wizard" school with Sakura and the Class Worms. Featuring hit songs such as "When I Go to My Happy Place" and "I Can't Wait to Be a Grown-Up", Fate/Imagination is a show kids will love, and parents will want to watch every second alongside them.

jman2050

Fate/Imagination

A children's show aimed at young elementary students. Join Sakura Tohsaka as she learns all about the magic of everyday life, with her friends Uncle Kariya and Grandpa Zouken. Learning becomes fun as kids go to "wizard" school with Sakura and the Class Worms. Featuring hit songs such as "When I Go to My Happy Place" and "I Can't Wait to Be a Grown-Up", Fate/Imagination is a show kids will love, and parents will want to watch every second alongside them.

But will it have Grail-kun?

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Fate/Pumped:

A morning exercise show starring Irisviel von Einzbern. Follow along as she lifts weights, kickboxes, and instructs the viewer on several muscle-building techniques to give the viewer the strength they need to get through the day feeling great.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Outside of my pure hatred of the sport, we've comprehensively sucked since we got the number 1 ranking in the world.

Smile Precure - 15

Happy Mother's Day!

Fate Zero - 19

Happy Mother's Day.

I prefer Smile Precure's vision of what Mother's day should be like. :(

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Fate/Hate

A variant of The Bacherlotte starring everyone's favorite love interest Saber Waver. Starring Gilgamesh, Rider, Kirei and every other eligible bachelor from the Fateverse taking the lovely maiden on dates all across the land in a ruthless competition, all trying to win love, with each episode ending with the Rose ceremony. Only each weekly loser gets killed off the show instead of merely sent home.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
While Fate/Justice is probably the only thing that has a chance of being made, Fate/Talk is what I would really look forward to.

Joule

Chiyu feels like so a waste in the cast, I cant think of anything shes added more than making both Haru and Taku feeling bad. Also thats an odd level up schema, cant recall playing any game where it was setup like that.
I assume she'll have some impact later on? I don't mind her too much. I guess since burst points are the be all currency it does make some sense that it is the basis for level ups too. I do like that there's a risk/cost.

That seems to be where they have to stop, with a cliffhanger ending that sets up a meeting between Kiyosumi and Achiga (and
Saki's sister
presumably).
That sounds about right though I'd rather it wasn't.

----
Kimi to Boku 7:
ZisQa.jpg

Valentines~ This series is really going chronologically at least on holidays.
That was pretty fun. It started off well with Chizuru's mind
stripping Mary in his dreams
. Moving on to Kaname's mom and him having a mother-son moment by forcing chocolate into him. One by one everybody gets some except for poor Chizuru. Shun even gets some from a scarf girl from another school to his confusion! Drama and stuff ensue, standard Valentine tropes. Mary gets hit by a flying soccer ball (I laughed way too hard at this). In the end of it, Chizuru finally gets himself out of the f-zone. Good for him.

j1WW1.jpg
YvOOH.jpg

Kaname's mom, strongest contender in his love square.
While I would of liked to have seen something actually done with Shun and scarf girl, it was not to be of course. More and more he's relegated to being a prop in the Chizuru/Mary deal. I hope that with this episode down, at some point he'll get his own thing going. Why reject the scarf girl Shun why : ( Her tart was delicious you said. Has there been more scarves lately or is it just me?

EC6K5.jpg
W0b5u.jpg

Men. So. Lewd.
Running through the checklist, there's still a Yuta/Takahashi and Kaname love square episode that has yet to arrive. Beyond that I suppose everything else is free game. I do expect a White Day episode (or maybe a special even). I really like how acoustic guitar is the one main instruments used in the ost. The segues into the OP/ED are pretty good too if just very straightly done. The whole beach imagery sequence, reminds me totally of those boy band pop music videos from the nineties.

There was a large absence of cats this episode! Also to answer survivor's (iirc) question of which is less boring, Natsuiro Kiseki or this, it's definitely Natsuiro. Boys > Girls.

qcf x2

Fate Zero 19 - Cold blooded.

Edit:

Code Geass 01-07 - Not sure why I'm still watching. I guess because it isn't horrible. But it isn't good (yet).

Eureka Seven Ep. 23 & 24

Ugh, I couldn't watch these episodes without pausing every few minutes, so I could stop cringing. "If it's too good to be true, it probably is." That's this whole arc in a nutshell. -_- The writing couldn't have been any less subtle. Apparently episode 24 was written by Yuuichi Nomura, who also wrote episodes 22 and 23 of Code Geass. Heh. I wasn't too fond of his other episodes of Eureka Seven either, with the exception of 13.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom