• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.

3Kaze

There's already a short Fate/Zero side story covering Kiritsugu's younger days with Natalia in America, named Hearts of Freaks.

Makoto

AKB0048 3

*baaaaarrrfff*

And... dropped. Not sure how people can lob the "human beings made this?" criticism at Shining Hearts when this drivel is garbage even as a kid's show. At least Shining Hearts is so bread, it's good.

The action in this episode was decent though.

Gundam Age 31
tumblr_m40xwkRRA11qfvs1eo1_500.jpg

Desert battle reminded me of 00 for some reason but the G-Hopper blaster weapon was epic.
Entire desert gone!
. Kind of liked the plot. Though only criticism is that
Shanalua is pretty obviously seen as a traitor or such, they could have hid it better than that.

Also WootBit has to be the oddest name in this series.

duckroll

raito-kun had it right; KyoAni would have made Fate/Zero at least 50% better.

Nah, I find most of his opinions on Fate/Zero totally wrong. He doesn't have much investment in the actual show itself or the content, and he's judging it based on the interest of someone who only wants to critique it based on preconceived standards. His facts and references are usually dead on, but his opinions... not so much.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Smile Precure 15:

Mother's Day episode went better than expected. Between this episode and Episode 13, it seems like the staff finally realized that Miyuki was in desperate need of some characterization. I don't think I've seen a pink/lead Precure so overshadowed by her comrades before Miyuki, but in the past three episodes her dojikko moe was cranked over 9000 and it really worked to make her more endearing.

Basically, this episode was a message to broke-ass little kids that it's the thought that counts on Mother's Day. That was all fine and good, but the real reason that this episode shined was Miyuki's sheer breadth of expressiveness. Like Episode 13, it was almost Sailor Moon/Doremi/Heartcatch good.

There was also a really prolonged Akanbe battle, and for those who hate Akanbe, no need to dread it because it was fairly well-done even if there was no out-and-out sakuga this episode. Highlights include
Sunny and March double-teaming Wolfrun, Beauty having an allergy attack, and one really meaningful PARIKYUAAAAA HAPPIIIIII SHAWAAAAAAAA

And Wolfrun remains a total asshole in the best way.

For those who felt cheated by Episode 12, it looks like
we get a Reika episode fo realz next week

survivor

Banned
Zoku Natsume Yuujinchou 5

I really love the song used in the ED and I like their use of playing bits of the music then rolling into the actual ED. Enjoy it when anime do this

Regarding this episode's conflict
Reiko is kinda of an asshole. If she wanted him to see the sea, couldn't she tell him to climb another tree? Hell if there weren't any other trees, then I don't thing putting his name on a branch is really a safe thing.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Smile Precure 15:

There was also a really prolonged Akanbe battle, and for those who hate Akanbe, no need to dread it because it was fairly well-done even if there was no out-and-out sakuga this episode. Highlights include
Sunny and March double-teaming Wolfrun, Beauty having an allergy attack, and one really meaningful PARIKYUAAAAA HAPPIIIIII SHAWAAAAAAAA

I find it hilarious that they went back to the "red" enemies for no good reason other than to let Happy use her finishing move again.

/XX/

Nah, I find most of his opinions on Fate/Zero totally wrong. He doesn't have much investment in the actual show itself or the content, and he's judging it based on the interest of someone who only wants to critique it based on preconceived standards. His facts and references are usually dead on, but his opinions... not so much.
Man, I would have preferred to see you expand your own opinion on the topic in question instead of this...

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Haiyore! Nyaruko-san 6

Huh. The choppy animation in some parts was weird. But, still... Half
Game Hardware Sensou
, half beach/hot springs episode? Glorious.

The cause for all that drama in the previous hardware was so :neogaf, hahaha. Kuuko being a fangirl? Musou Mode? Bwahaha.

Dat cliffhanger to keep shippers at bay.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I find it hilarious that they went back to the "red" enemies for no good reason other than to let Happy use her finishing move again.

The motive was pretty blatant, but I still found it pretty amusing that the villains were admitting that their powerup is totally useless. "Fuck blue Akanbe, they can't do shit! Why did we listen to Joker in the first place?"

Makoto

Birdy the Mighty: Decode 9

One of the most impressive things about the series thus far is that it has avoided any crude sexual humor despite being well within its ability to make some.

Ultimadrago

I promise you, no photoshopping was performed whatsoever. This was in the same scene, even:

What kind of monster would shop Precure screengrabs into horrible and indecent things?

Almost spat some of my drink out, laughing.

AKB0048 03

Holy mother of ever loving fuck.
What in the shit I dont even...

You kiss your mother with that mouth, Mr.Penguin?

50 laps of "Squat jumps" around all Community...NOW!

Kimi to Boku 2 ep 7
tumblr_m41bzp6chJ1qcgu4mo1_500.gif

Valentine's Day episode was better than I expected. Kanamecchi mom is the most underrated character in the show. I cant get enough of her and him. Shun keeping the ship afloat and Chizuru sinking that other one. Mary needed to be hit by more soccer balls
Finally Chizuru did it and I kind of had tears of joy during that whole scene. Couldnt get behind Mary's monologue. And I didnt think Yuta had fans like that

duckroll

Man, I would have preferred to see you expand your own opinion on the topic in question instead of this...

What's there to expand on? It's not like 7th had any deep insight of his own in the statement, other than pimping someone else's viewpoint.

raito-kun had it right; KyoAni would have made Fate/Zero at least 50% better.

I'm sure KyoAni could have done a good job with Fate/Zero if they had tried, despite it being different from what they normally do. But I don't see any glaring flaws in ufotable's production that they would have definitely done better on. The biggest issue I have with Fate/Zero is that some of the exposition scenes can drag, most notably in the first episode, but the gimmicks that KyoAni pulls in Hyouka to make similarly dry dialogue interesting would have been out of place. I don't think KyoAni has the mechanical animators to make the cars and planes and such 2D instead of CG, if that's what you're concerned with.

Joule

Zoku Natsume Yuujinchou 5

I really love the song used in the ED and I like their use of playing bits of the music then rolling into the actual ED. Enjoy it when anime do this

Regarding this episode's conflict
Reiko is kinda of an asshole. If she wanted him to see the sea, couldn't she tell him to climb another tree? Hell if there weren't any other trees, then I don't thing putting his name on a branch is really a safe thing.
Yeah the ED song's beginning makes for a perfect segue into the ending animation sequence. What a lovely winter themed ED. I really liked the summer one in the first season too.

Reiko is a bit of an asshole but I find many of her back story sequences to be endearing. Being burdened by seeing youkai can make you a bit mean I would think.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Kimi to Boku 2 ep 7
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m41bzp6chJ1qcgu4mo1_500.gif

Valentine's Day episode was better than I expected. Kanamecchi mom is the most underrated character in the show. I cant get enough of her and him. Shun keeping the ship afloat and Chizuru sinking that other one. Mary needed to be hit by more soccer balls
Finally Chizuru did it and I kind of had tears of joy during that whole scene. Couldnt get behind Mary's monologue. And I didnt think Yuta had fans like that
A gag ending might have been if a boy confessed to Shun because everyone thinks he's a girl. :p

The motive was pretty blatant, but I still found it pretty amusing that the villains were admitting that their powerup is totally useless. "Fuck blue Akanbe, they can't do shit! Why did we listen to Joker in the first place?"
Presumably both groups are due for a power up on or after episode 24, when the clock/decor thing is filled up. Now they're just fucking around. :p

survivor

Banned
Yeah the ED song's beginning makes for a perfect segue into the ending animation sequence. What a lovely winter themed ED. I really liked the summer one in the first season too.

Reiko is a bit of an asshole but I find many of her back story sequences to be endearing. Being burdened by seeing youkai can make you a bit mean I would think.

Oh yeah, I actually like her character and most of her stories are enjoyable, it's just this one made her
more of an asshole since she didn't put his name under her protection, Book of Friends, but instead on a random branch where it could have easily backfired and hurt the youkai.

Zetman 7

Good combination play and yaoi overtones from Kouga and Jin.

We are now on chapter 113, which is actually a better pace than it's been going at, but keeping track at this point is meaningless with how much they've skipped and added.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Tsuritama 5:
Kind of bored with this. At least I can rage at the stupid love shenanigans in Kids on the Slope.

Kuroko no Basket 06
Didn't noticed that they actually change the ED a bit with I guess each episode.
So, that Japanese lunch time rush was awesome. Bread is such serious business.
The start of the match was ok. Dunno, tall scary black foreigner doesn't seem that big of the deal compared to the Generation of Miracle that they remind you every freaking episode.

Makoto

Birdy the Mighty: Decode 13 (FINAL)

It's like I've been watching a summer blockbuster these past few episodes. Fittingly enough, I couldn't help but notice that the shots and camera techniques utilized seemed very akin to a disaster movie. It was executed with a finesse that kept me glued to the screen.

I suppose I also noticed that the studio seemingly ran out of time and/or their budget when doing half of episode 12. Being such a visually bombastic episode, I wouldn't be surprised if the explanation for it was that most of the manpower was dumped into the action-centric shots of it.

Of course, a big blockbuster action flick wouldn't be much without some drama
and it saddens me that Tsutomu was faced with the very cliche "Save your girlfriend or save the world," decision. It was even more disappointing that he approached it the same way you'd see it in any other media. You've got some forced drama there and then you get a little bit more at the end. I can understand Birdy's reluctance to murder and sharing her body once more, but the way she got all emotional over Tsutomu's torn body after blowing him up a second time seemed forced for the purpose of getting the some tears out of the audience.

I heard the second season is much better than the first, so I'm going to begin that. The chemistry between Birdy and Tsutomu really make this show for me so I have no qualms going into S2. S1 was a very fun ride albeit diving too hard into cliche at the end. 3/5

I'd still like to know what became of that camera Muroto dropped in the village while trying to escape.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom