• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 | Welcome Home, Space Cowboy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mature

Mysterious Girlfriend X - 1
cBB4h.jpg
Wow, this show is just great. I'm glad Urabe and I had a similar highschool life
the sleeping through everything part, not the being hated by everyone part.
But really, I'm looking forward to more of this.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Mysterious Girlfriend X - 1

Wow, this show is just great. I'm glad Urabe and I had a similar highschool life
the sleeping through everything part, not the being hated by everyone part.
But really, I'm looking forward to more of this.

What about the
sharing drool
part?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
The only way we can combat this onslaught communities is by making a PrecureGAF community.

Fight fire with fire.

Community glasses girl anime thread
Community Tsundere thread
Community green hair girl thread
Community long hair thread
Community Utena thread
Community Sailor Moon thread

madp

The Light of El Cantare
The only way we can combat this onslaught communities is by making a PrecureGAF community.

Fight fire with fire.

I would think that PrecureGAF (or any other [insert anime here]GAF) has the good sense to keep its visibility to a minimum, unlike K-OnGAF which is apparently actively seeking the disgust of and ostracism from the rest of NeoGAF!

Vrakanox

well now that everything has aired i will be continuing on with Zetman, Medaka Box, Fate and Lupin. No reason for me to go over the shows I wasn't impressed with. Episode 2 of zetman was great, glad to find out about them as kids, it will give more reason to sympathize with them (i've read the manga too). First episode of Fate wasn't everything I was expecting but it was still good.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
well now that everything has aired i will be continuing on with Zetman, Medaka Box, Fate and Lupin. No reason for me to go over the shows I wasn't impressed with. Episode 2 of zetman was great, glad to find out about them as kids, it will give more reason to sympathize with them (i've read the manga too). First episode of Fate wasn't everything I was expecting but it was still good.

Don't count Apollon, Tsuritama, Hyouka,
AKB0048 and AO
out yet!

Dead

well not really...yet
I bought all the R2 E7 DVDs back when they originally released.

that was a lot of money. Don't regret it either.

The first BD has 2 episodes on it.

I wonder when I should post my thread for the new show, first episode airs later today no?

There's plenty of sakuga in OP, just search for some on youtube and you'll have entire episodes worth of clips.
more like soggyroll amirite

lol more like an entire eps worth of sakuga for the entire series (half of them are from movies from what I can tell ;P).

Still... yeah, one piece does have it's moments... it's just super hard to remember when stuff 'moves' lmao. I think my love for one piece anime was smothered by that war arc. Now I think about it, the whole prison break arc was pretty well animated. Same with the current arc.

And wtf happened to animegaf the past few pages. K-On... Furries...

It's like dimensions are cracking

ep461-12.PNG

Branduil

Thank god Tezuka invented limited animation!

Well anime probably wouldn't exist today if limited animation didn't.

Of course saying someone "invented" limited animation is always a bit odd. It's not like it takes a genius to think "what if we drew less stuff?" The real trick is making it look good and coming up with techniques that disguise or work within the limitations.

Joule

Mysterious Girlfriend X 1: Urabe is weird. Tsubaki is weird. This opening episode encompassed the sort of odd feelings that compelled me to check out the manga in the first place. They really nailed that with all that honey dripping imagery, establishing how strange Urabe (and the drool thing) is as well as the circus-like music during Tsubaki's surreal dreams (which are the best things and I hope they make them even more extravagant). I think the CG worked alright in that dream sequence. The production looks quite nice in general. Good backgrounds and character art. The transition from the manga art went through well. I personally like the manga's art. The extra detail in the girl's uniform (the ribbon and shirt's texture) and the boy's (texture in the pants), books in the students' desks, the whole of Tsubaki's room... all these little things are enjoyable to see. Urabe's VA also sells her character really well I find. Kind of like what I'd imagine her to sound like.

On the whole I really liked this opening episode. Well produced and captures the manga's tone nicely. The ED sequence being just a bunch of drool image pans is appropriate I guess. I wonder what kind of OP will there be. So I hear that the anime will have an original ending. That could pan out well as when I left off the manga was in a sort of mediocre arc that didn't have much of what I liked about the series in the first place.

H6uOe.jpg
Jfi6J.jpg

Drool Girlfriend vs Zombie Girlfriend is a tight race right now. Will have to see how Ghost Girlfriend does later. Season of fetishes.

Jex

Well anime probably wouldn't exist today if limited animation didn't.

Of course saying someone "invented" limited animation is always a bit odd. It's not like it takes a genius to think "what if we drew less stuff?" The real trick is making it look good and coming up with techniques that disguise or work within the limitations.

Well, he 'invented' the factory floor method of anime being broken down into chunks and processed quickly by a team of people, rather than spending ages making everything look "smooth".

Branduil

Well, he 'invented' the factory floor method of anime being broken down into chunks and processed quickly by a team of people, rather than spending ages making everything look "smooth".

Right. I was just pointing out how odd the statement is if you take it literally, as it basically says "He invented drawing less stuff." What he invented were the methods for making anime cheaply, including but not limited to drawing less frames, reusing more materials, and methods and tricks which attempt to disguise all of those cut corners. Which is what you and others actually mean when saying he invented limited animation.

Jarmel

Banned
I bought all the R2 E7 DVDs back when they originally released.

that was a lot of money. Don't regret it either.

The first BD has 2 episodes on it.

I wonder when I should post my thread for the new show, first episode airs later today no?

Yea I saw the 2 episode bit. I wonder why they're going with Heroman pricing unless they suspect it's going to bomb.

You should probably put your thread up I guess.

Branduil

I mean, studios which produce full hand-drawn animation don't even exist any more. Disney is done with it. You either go limited or not at all.

Rektash

I personally like the manga's art. The extra detail in the girl's uniform (the ribbon and shirt's texture) and the boy's (texture in the pants), books in the students' desks, the whole of Tsubaki's room... all these little things are enjoyable to see.

Much more interesting to me was their shading of hair. First of all, they put a lot of details into the hair, but the really interesting thing here is the shading. The highlights are done with gradients, not something you see every day. Additional to that, they use tons of gradient shading on other things too in the first episode! Lines are generally drawn fairly thick, which I like. Characters still look like they squint all the time with wide opened eyes though. Wasn't much of a fan of the filter they use for ribbons/pants/school uniforms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom