• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Wonder what PS4-tan and WiiU-tan would be like.

I tried drawing PS4-tan once. It wasn't very good; I tried giving her thunder thighs because of the 8GB GDDR5 RAM but it didn't quite have the intended effect. >>;

Wii U at this point would be "Akari~n".

*hugs Wii U*

sonicmj1

Well I know that. I was trying to suggest that Nomura lifted Utena's design for Lightning, not the other way around. Also, if Papillon doesn't like to participate in this free love cult thing, why did she tell Utena that she did? She could've just said "I have to" and left it at that, instead of "Why do you dress like a boy?" "Because I like to" "There you go."

It's more complicated than that. You'll see why eventually.

She actually did choose those words for a reason.

cajunator

Banned
I tried drawing PS4-tan once. It wasn't very good; I tried giving her thunder thighs because of the 8GB GDDR5 RAM but it didn't quite have the intended effect. >>;

Wii U at this point would be "Akari~n".

*hugs Wii U*

WiiU has to be adorable. HAS TO.
I really wanna draw them now.
I tried to draw a wii-tan once but it didnt come out right.
Oh and I HIGHLY approve of that avatar!

CorvoSol

[Utena]

I don't remember if the mechanics are explained in full yet, but being the Rose Bride hinders her from doing all that.

Ah, that makes sense.

rKu7mzQ.jpg

But no shot of the glorious yoga pants? I need a hometown to live in.

RurouniZel

WiiU has to be adorable. HAS TO.
I really wanna draw them now.
I tried to draw a wii-tan once but it didnt come out right.
Oh and I HIGHLY approve of that avatar!

Thanks! :D I'd imagine the Wii U would be adorable, if a little sleepy like Kumin from Chuu2.

Highschool of the Dead 9 (engDub)

Takeshi's lines sound all awkward, like the scene when he is
holding and grabbing her bewbies to inspire her to fight, the actor just sounded out of character saying those lines, Takeshi usually feels more composed and proper...

Good action though that... "I'm wet" ....

Syrinx

Id link to a site with lots of them but it netted me a vacation from gaf for a bit so I wont be doing that :p
anyway, japan likes to represent everything with a cute girl.
I mean EVERYTHING.

Oh is this like that thing where they represented infamous dictators as lolis?

Anyway, why?

cnet128

Banned
Date A Live 11

SWIMSUITS. SWIMSUITS EVERYWHERE.

Considering Kotori was supposedly the focus for this episode, every other girl got a much better showing in the swimsuit stakes than she did. Sorry, Kotori, but that oh god vagina bones look is not flattering at all. Yoshino is winrar of swimsuit contest.

At least Shidou gets his act together after a shaky start,
tosses out the earpiece
and manages to be genuinely charming. Dere-dere Kotori can't be far off after that.

Meanwhile Origami
finds out the identity of the fire spirit she hates with such a passion
. Oh dear. This isn't going to lead to good things.

CorvoSol

Highschool of the Dead 9 (engDub)

Takeshi's lines sound all awkward, like the scene when he is
holding and grabbing her bewbies to inspire her to fight, the actor just sounded out of character saying those lines, Takeshi usually feels more composed and proper...

Good action though that... "I'm wet" ....

Yeah, I'm not gonna lie, that
grope was weird as hell.
Since you just saw this one, though, I need your opinion:
do you think that Komuro and Saeko had sex there or not?

RurouniZel

Oh is this like that thing where they represented infamous dictators as lolis?

Anyway, why?

To give the hardware they represent something of a personality that otaku in Japan will eat up. At least in Japan anyway, here we just do it 'cause it's cute. :3

I hope there is some time skip or something so the equipment they use is more advanced = better fights.

Gonna give it some slack because manga isn't that many chapters. Anything can happen so..

Shingeki no Kyojin is a monthly series, so despite not having a large number of chapters it's been going on for a while (since 2009, 10 volumes released).

Bakemonogatari 11

So Hanekawa gets possessed by a cat spirit because of the stress caused by her abusive parents. But apparently Shinobu resolved the issue. So...I don't know what's going to go on for the finale. Probably something to do with Shinobu.

All I know is that that's three straight episodes with no Hitagi. And there's only one left. This will not do.

Actually there's four episodes left; 15 episodes in total. Episode 12 is all Senjougahara all the time, so look forward to that.

Hattori

Banned
Ok sending.
The thing was it has an 18+ section that I honestly didnt notice the first time so I didnt label it NSFW and then I kind of shrugged it off as irrelevant and got an unpaid Gaf vacation for a week.

haha lesson learned, thanks. some of these drawings are really cute

edit:

uhhh...on second thought

Syrinx

To give the hardware they represent something of a personality that otaku in Japan will eat up. At least in Japan anyway, here we just do it 'cause it's cute. :3

What is there to eat up, exactly? Who goes "I would consider buying this console if there was a cute girl attached to it that (very) vaguely represents the console."? Maybe I just don't understand the hardcore otaku. Maybe it's better if I don't.

Actually there's four episodes left; 15 episodes in total. Episode 12 is all Senjougahara all the time, so look forward to that.

Oh sweet. Crunchyroll only has 12. What gives?

cajunator

Banned
What is there to eat up, exactly? Who goes "I would consider buying this console if there was a cute girl attached to it that (very) vaguely represents the console."? Maybe I just don't understand the hardcore otaku. Maybe it's better if I don't.

Oh sweet. Crunchyroll only has 12. What gives?

Its not just hardware. There are characters representing cars, trains, ideas, tea, food, emotions, vices, objects, countries, famous people, you name it.
Ill send you a couple links.

Syrinx

Its not just hardware. There are characters representing cars, trains, ideas, tea, food, emotions, vices, objects, countries, famous people, you name it.
Ill send you a couple links.

Why are there characters representing actual people?

...Oh right, moe Hitler.

cnet128

Banned
Chihayafuru2 23

Chihaya's
two ultimate obsessions, Arata and Shinobu, are playing each other in the big final
, yet all she cares about is
Taichi's opportunity to move up to A-rank

Taichi is finally
in the perfect position to achieve the A-rank dream he's been chasing after obsessively for god knows how long
, yet all he can think about is
letting Chihaya watch Arata and Shinobu's match

Priorities, how do they work.

RurouniZel

Oh I'm sure it's not needed in any way. But some otaku started it years ago and now it's basically done for tradition and as an excuse to design a cute mascot girl.

cajunator

Banned
Oh I'm sure it's not needed in any way. But some otaku started it years ago and now it's basically done for tradition and as an excuse to design a cute mascot girl.

Its just cute for the sake of cute.

This is Fastech 360-tan who is the official mascot for a bullet train in Japan.
KpQDH.gif

This is the train itself (yes it has cat ear airbrakes because fuck yeah Japan)
v03Lw.jpg

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Clannad: After Story 23 EXTRA

So we're back here and then huh? Well, I guess that's okay. But it's one year before everything gets rolling I guess. So more like a prologue.
Which is why all of Nagisa's classmates are new to us, the viewers. Because she repeats.

clannad-af-23.gif18lp5.gif

God I love Akio.

Kyou will never be best girl, but this episode is giving her a good extra run.

clannad-af-23-ballj9b0n.gif

That fucking face

Aww poor Nagisa
Odd that Tomoya forgets that he did that too her if this is a prologue. Though I guess they do explain why Nagisa never finds out it was him.

Clannad: After Story 24 SUMMARY

Nothing much to say here. Just a nice clip show giving you one last dose of those feels. It does kinda help me with figure out that little
storyline do-over
at the end of After Story. It kinda makes sense thinking back at all the stuff alluded to, also.

The last few minutes do put a nice little extra cap on Episode 22.

---

I'll be back later and I'll post my collective series (of both) impressions after I watch the OVAs/Bonus Episodes.

Syrinx

Cardcaptor Sakura 12

God I hate Li. I wanted to punch him in his stupid punk-ass wiener smirk when he got the Time card.

Groundhog Day episode. Having to repeat a recorder test every day would be a fate worse than death. Oh, but Kero had it worse. Kept losing his game progress. He really should have just fought the final battle instead of saving it. He was playing all day, he may as well have.

Fairy outfits are approved by me. Though I'm kinda wondering why Li doesn't ask something along the lines of "Why the FUCK are you wearing a fairy costume?!" Oh, and why Tomoyo insists on filming everything Sakura does. But he wears his special costume, so fuck him. Just fuck him in general.

Chihayafuru 2 23:
Taichi gets the job done, even though he nearly ruined it by trying to win too fast. You'd think he would have known better. I love seeing him go all out and win, and Rion was a good opponent for him because of her style.
The music at the end was just great. Such an emotional moment. Now I just hope that
Komano can also pull through and reach Class B.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom