• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT -7| My Giant CG Pony Can't Possibly Read This Much Baudelaire

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgminto

super-mario-sunshine.jpg

Fine.

Climbing Mt. Everest! That can't be moe!

Jarmel

Banned
Speaking of smoking,

Fate/Zero 1- Dub
OOOOHHHHH BOOOYYY at that Iri voice. Oh my god. I think Waver's voice in comparison actually gives a very good boost to his character. I'm not a fan of Emiya's voice as he sounds a bit younger and less weary compared to his appearance. They also nailed the smug douchebagness of Archibald. I hope the Southern accent for Tokiomi's VA comes out more often. Overall it's a solid dubbing I guess.

The Servant Summoning ceremony was pure hype though.

Also rewatching this, I'm much much less impressed with the animation although the background art and lighting is stellar. The soundtrack does still strike me as very good.

Kazzy

Well, shit. I need to watch 3.0, but that sure is tempting.

I want to laugh along with everyone else :(

Rebuild isn't that bad, but nostalgia and sakuga-mania goggle are too strong for many :(
I like Rebuild more than Eva in halfway, how its handle the end-game are the question mark though.

You say that, but I've only just come off watching both of these, and I still think that the series is superior.

That's not to discounter Rebuild entirely, but one can't help but be informed by what preceded it, and that's a mighty large shadow to contend with. Not to mention the fact that, for something as preoccupied with analyzing its characters a Evangelion, the time afforded by the series is always going to be the more favourable format. So, whilst I do commend the movies for condensing much of that into their runtime, it's still only an amalgamation of what we've already seen. It's something of a false economy.

Also, Rebuild has Mari, and she is just awful.

Articalys

Fun fact that someone on /a/ pointed out. If you look at the source code for the official Yuyushiki web page, one item among the metadata keywords is 百合 -- yuri.

cajunator

Banned

SOmeone shook the hell out of that fanta. But are fantas carbonated anyway? Is it a soda or a juice?

Holy Shit! Eden Of The East: The Definitive Collection is only £20
Sorry Code Geass. I am going for that one!

Eden is alright. It ends on a weak note and I think Code Geass is the better watch. at least from an entertainment standpoint.
Your best option though is just get both of them.

Licensing news catchup:

- As easily predicted, Hyakka Ryouran Samurai Bride

- In a slightly less expected move, Maiden Japan proves they want everything that has to do with old-school police mecha by license rescuing the New Dominion Tank Police OVA.

OH SHIt.
OH SHIT OH SHIT OHHHH SHIT!!!!
HNNNNNNGH

I've started my annual K-ON! rewatch since it's my birthday. I don't have any impressions anymore since this is either my fifth or sixth time so here's a Sawa-chan.

Sawa-chan (Nodoka too) made me love megane.

Yes, there's a flashback later in the show set in what seems to be a modern day city. The way they got to where they are now is open-ended as hell though.

Sawako is a goddess. Nothing more need be said about it.

This is puke.
And not cute girl puking. Its nasty foul puke.

Now that's more of a tinfoil theory!

But its true!

You know what duckroll? I have been off topic for a bit. And yeah, I have grammar issues. I'm just a very angry person these days; because I don't know who I can trust - who is honest to me and so on. This anger inside me? All I have left. Nothing makes sense anymore and when I try my best to make sense of it? No dice. Nothing.

So you know what, the reason I'm here on this board before Toonami came back, or even before the Thundercats came back, was to see who was going to be the biggest world wide fad coming from japan. But the business has changed too damn much. I don't know what it is. Maybe I'm not meant to be on this thread anymore. Outlived my usefulness on this particular thread. I know when I am not wanted. So im gone from this thread. Its better for my sanity and the rest of the posters here.

I will just say that I appreciated your contributions here and was entertained by yourp osts. I know you feel very strongly about this and I can see where you are coming from, but I do think that you should probably take a break from anime for a while and try something else to calm your emotions.

Maybe they should wait for the inevitable BD boxset to come out.

only $600!
You know its gonna happen.

All the people who have seen Rebuild but not the original works really cute me deep.

I see what you did there.

you know... people rarely smoke in anime these days. even people that smoked before don't anymore like the guys in initial d.

Reki the chainsmoking angel in Haibane <3

I needed a cigarette after watching that this week.

I will try to add color to my drawing so your poor avatar doesnt look like a ghost. Ritsu needs color!

Thats it. You just solved my confussion about the new series,
I demand more Kuroneko!

You are so very correct.

They'll get there one day!

This show is kind of an enigma to me. What is it like? Whats the running length?

K-ON isn't even really about light music.

It is, but there is a lot of other stuff grouped in with it. The group does still perform and practice on occasion and they get pretty good too/

7Th

Good things about Rebuild 3.33:
-
Touji's sister with is pretty cute
-It actually looks like a movie, unlike 2.22
-The final 2 minutes, it came too late but it was nice to some some GENUINE characterization in the Rebuild franchise

Bad things about Rebuild 3.33:
-Kind of everything else

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Good things about Rebuild 3.33:
-
Touji's sister with is pretty cute
-It actually looks like a movie, unlike 2.22
-The final 2 minutes, it came too late but it was nice to some some GENUINE characterization in the Rebuild franchise

Bad things about Rebuild 3.33:
-Kind of everything else
What about the Anno/Ghibli God Warrior film beforehand?
I don't know why you jumped to the conclusion that I'd be drawing something lewd. Get your mind out of the gutter!
It wouldn't be the first time you sexualise Precures.

I'd be okay if you did Yuri and Momoka though.

survivor

Banned
Yuyushiki 3

I really don't know if I'm not paying enough attention, but these girls really transition into some random ass conversations while talking about something completely different.

Legend of the Galactic Heroes - 64: The End of the Holiday

~ My father used to say that the strong flame burns out quicker. ~

Reinhard looks ridiculously fabulous with his long hair and a nightrobe. It's not good he got sick again though, it hasn't been that long since the last time. I guess being the Kaiser of the entire universe is a pretty taxing job.
Julian is gonna go visit Odin. I'm interested to see what he thinks about the state of the Empire. I mean, the Imperial citizens don't really look all that oppressed.
The first signs of political rifts seem to appear in the High Admiralty, especially between von Reuental and von Oberstein. I don't understand why a Minister of Internal Affairs is considered lower than a Fleet Admiral though. Isn't he a political heavyweight in the Imperial cabinet?

I don't think the Fleet Admirals respect Oberstein since he was seen more as a rear echelon type rather than someone who was a decorated front line officer like Reinhard.

Articalys

I, uh... huh.

Kiki's Delivery Service is getting a live-action film next spring. It's not a re-adaptation of the anime version though.
The Sports Hochi and Sports Nippon newspapers are reporting on Wednesday that Eiko Kadono's Majo no Takky&#363;bin novel is getting its first live-action film next spring. 40-year-old Takashi Shimizu (The Grudge/Juon) is directing.

[...]

The six volumes of Majo no Takky&#363;bin have been translated into eight languages. Despite the fact that both films adapt the same novel series, this live-action film has no direct connection to the Ghibli anime film. Twitch reported earlier this month that Shimizu is directing a live-action Kiki's Delivery Service film, but Ghibli denied it, saying, "We have nothing to do with it."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom