• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT -7| My Giant CG Pony Can't Possibly Read This Much Baudelaire

Status
Not open for further replies.

OceanBlue

I'm glad he did it. I don't make note of any anime/videogame characters' birthdays. Not even whatsherface's in my avatar (well I admit I did just look it up).

No worries. There is nothing wrong with those with exquisite taste in idols.

To be honest, I don't either. I'm probably going to stick them in my phone's calendar or something, lol.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Japan is a fickle lady.

A fickle lady generally has good taste even if they can have difficulty deciding between one good thing vs. another.

I shouldn't have written "Japan" in my prior post. Should have read "Otaku"

R4xMnDt.jpg

In or out of context this is amazing.

cajunator

Banned
It's not a gimmick anymore!

Japan makes dreams come true!

A wise man named Extollere once answered this very inquiry.

Something about moving a scale back, like an entryway.

This is kind of a neat idea. I think I have seen something similar before.

Are those supposed to be fancy outfits or pirate costumes?

I have no idea what you are seeing here.
Like....none whatsoever.

These are kind of cool.

I had to do a double take myself, in a "did they really just go there!?"

And then she browses Gaf.

ibh6CWyattsCYX.gif

I am intrigued by that gif and its implications.

cajunator

Banned
There was this doujin once that answered this. It's the one I linked to Extollere!
On this anime it seems to be like fish? She laid eggs there that I assume need to be fertilised?

That sounds rather boring and unimaginative. I'm disappointed.

Crunchyroll got Majestic Prince
Based on the manga written by Rando Ayamine and illustrated by Hikaru Nijima, Majestic Prince is set to broadcast every Thursday starting on April 4, at 8:00a.m. Pacific Time for its premium members, and April 11 for free members.

Majestic Prince will be available to Crunchyroll’s in the following territories: USA, Canada, UK, Ireland, South Africa, Australia, and New Zealand.

The series page will be up soon at www.crunchyroll.com/majestic.

There was this doujin once that answered this. It's the one I linked to Extollere!
On this anime it seems to be like fish? She laid eggs there that I assume need to be fertilised?

I hope she at least helps out if you have to fertilize them. Otherwise it's just masturbating with lots of targets.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Well, sure, there's that option, but it's not only boring it ignores the fact that without a pelvis they wouldn't have the bulge where hips would otherwise be!

Theonik

Well, sure, there's that option, but it's not only boring it ignores the fact that without a pelvis they wouldn't have the bulge where hips would otherwise be!
The eggs have to go somewhere.

I hope she at least helps out if you have to fertilize them. Otherwise it's just masturbating with lots of targets.
I assume that's meant to be the gist of that gag. And yes it does look boring either way!

Aqua Lion EVOL 26 (END)

And so ends a show that was entertaining as it was incredibly absurd.

I enjoyed myself far too much with this show. The absurdity of pseudo mech sex and how it's pretty much the only way to fight anything along with this reincarnation nonsense is far too stupid of a concept to work in a serious show. But this show makes it work by never taking itself too serious and having incredibly likable characters pilot these gigantic pesudo sex machines with some god damn wonderful insert songs. Good show, would watch again after watching something super duper serious.

DiGiKerot

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Toaru Kagaku no Railgun - 09

iwBQapU.png
kvq2gbN.png

2kxj4lI.png
vdAijoT.png

Stealth kisses and skirt flips. I approve.

I figured sooner or later
Ruiko would fall prey to her inferiority complex and find a way to become a legit esper like the others
. Here's hoping everything turns out okay.

duckroll

Man, when was this Harlock movie originally announced? I remember seeing some early footage - some of which still seems to be in this trailer - what seems like years back at this point. I was pretty damn excited about it at the time, and I'm still cautiously optimistic about it, but it feels like it's been a looooooong time coming.

They created the pilot trailer to shop the concept to investors at TAF 2010. So it's really not that long ago. They showed the trailer again at the Annecy International Animated Film Festival in 2011, and by then they were saying the movie should be done by 2013, which is pretty much on target. 2-3 years to make what is supposedly the most expensive Japanese CG film ever is pretty quick!

DiGiKerot

They created the pilot trailer to shop the concept to investors at TAF 2010. So it's really not that long ago. They showed the trailer again at the Annecy International Animated Film Festival in 2011, and by then they were saying the movie should be done by 2013, which is pretty much on target. 2-3 years to make what is supposedly the most expensive Japanese CG film ever is pretty quick!

Well, it certainly looks like the most expensive CG movie to ever come out of Japan - they don't look to have squandered the cash or the production time. I'm sure it'll be great to look at throughout, if nothing else.

Toaru Kagaku no Railgun - 09

I figured sooner or later
Ruiko would fall prey to her inferiority complex and find a way to become a legit esper like the others
. Here's hoping everything turns out okay.

Your posts and the screens for Railgun made me cancel my preorder for funi's set of it.
Ill just hope Index 2 is back to what I liked about the franchise.

BluWacky

Getting some more old stuff down before the majesty of the new season begins. TRAIN HEROES awaits...

Argento Soma 6

If only there was more money (or a cleverer storyboarder/director?) behind this episode. Hattie's memories of her grandfather might have been more effective if they hadn't just faded in and out with zero animation.

Takuto/Ryu's characterisation is an interesting spin on the usual "brooding bishounen" archetype. We already know why he ended up this way - and the flashbacks to his time with Maki help flesh this out even further, and are usually the best parts of the show - and so it's interesting to see him dealing with his supposed focus on getting vengeance on Frank.

Betterman 5

OBEY THE CATFISH.

The whole thing in this episode about catfish predicting earthquakes explains something I was very confused about when watching The Life of Budori Guskou... although apparently, only superior Japanese catfish (might) predict earthquakes.

The introduction of Kaede and Shou into the cast makes the show both more tolerable and more technobabbley - Kaede is at least cheerful, and Shou acts like an adult...

I think I might have been supposed to recognise the villain at the end of the episode, but I can't say I did, even with his face squashed against the camera. Maybe, like Sakura says, it's one of those things you can't see that you should believe anyway. She should go back to telling the audience maggots are going to eat their entrails, frankly.

Intriguingly, it seems as if Betterman may have been the first ever widescreen anime TV series. If only they'd actually understood how to animate for widescreen...

BluWacky

TRAIN HEROES 1

Yowch.

So it seems that (to oversimplify massively) in order to get around Chinese business law, TV Tokyo did some finagling with licensing to make Train Heroes an entirely Chinese production.

It's a shame that they didn't think about the fact that the animators would synch everything to Chinese dialogue, though. The lip synch is atrocious - sometimes there are trains flapping their "mouths" and no-one speaking, or characters speaking when their mouths aren't moving etc. Of course, the animation and art in general is unsurprisingly dreadful - they don't even animate the wheels on the trains!

Even for "kids' show" aficionados there's nothing of real interest here, other than laughing at the janky CG.

Although the episode does end with a look at some train stations and trains in China, which looked much classier than anything they could come up with in 2100 if Train Heroes is anything to go by...

Detective Conan 169:
Well, as AO cases go, that wasn't bad. There was actually a decent case, and very little idiocy. Kogoro even behaved believably rather than coming across like an idiot. Plus, it had Takagi, and anything with Takagi is good. Not great, but it was a solid effort as far as these things go.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Azunyan nigo!
More like Azunyan pls go.

You did a good thing here!
It's called falling with style.

So... what is it?
I forgot.
24th July.

EDIT: HA HA. I just remembered this is the same birthday as one of my good friends from uni. Not that I'd ever share that bit of info with her.

In case a nosy girlfriend peeks in...
pfft girlfriends...
Besides if it's on a phone it'll be hidden behind a lockscreen.

I am intrigued by that gif and its implications.
It's quite obvious. Your favourite anime is shit and my opinion is fact. I don't make those gifs for a laugh y'know.

TRAIN HEROES 1
So sad. The dream has been derailed. Guess it's best to leaf this one alone.

Branduil

TRAIN HEROES 1

trainheroes_zps45399250.jpg

Yowch.

So it seems that (to oversimplify massively) in order to get around Chinese business law, TV Tokyo did some finagling with licensing to make Train Heroes an entirely Chinese production.

It's a shame that they didn't think about the fact that the animators would synch everything to Chinese dialogue, though. The lip synch is atrocious - sometimes there are trains flapping their "mouths" and no-one speaking, or characters speaking when their mouths aren't moving etc. Of course, the animation and art in general is unsurprisingly dreadful - they don't even animate the wheels on the trains!

Even for "kids' show" aficionados there's nothing of real interest here, other than laughing at the janky CG.

Although the episode does end with a look at some train stations and trains in China, which looked much classier than anything they could come up with in 2100 if Train Heroes is anything to go by...

:wonzo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom