• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, it's been a while Anime-GAF. I'm finished school now so I ask you, what are the spring anime to watch?

Really depends on what you like this season, there's no one amazing standout for me.

-Sound Euphonium
-Kekkai Sensen
-Ore Monogatari
-Shokugeki no Soma
-Ninja Slayer

Try these, I guess.

Link Man

Banned
Ore Monogatari!! Episode 3

I really wanted to like this show, I really did and some of the ideas present are sweet on paper but any sort of natural romantic progression is being tossed aside for one of the worst love triangles I have ever witnessed. I guess I am supposed to find Takeo's motivations into stoicism to be magnanimous but they are not they are pretty damned selfish and hurtful and this episode actually showed. Basically this show is being dropped harder then a random high school crush.

Did you finish the episode?

Mature

Man, it's been a while Anime-GAF. I'm finished school now so I ask you, what are the spring anime to watch?
-BBB is a Shonen-tinged spectacle that's worth checking out.
-Ninja Slayer is the return of Inferno Cop's whimsy style intermixed with some actual animation.

phaze

Ore Monogatari!! 03

I would stay for the tribulations of the newly founded relationship but really, there's very little that I can honestly say I like about the show. The general idea for the protagonist, the fact they got over the confession relatively quickly. But humor, characters and all the other ingredients do nothing for me and I doubt that would change going forward.

I was so bored I shut it off midway through, that by the way is a good indicator that I am done with a series.

Not that I like the show but the qualms you have, have been adressed pretty thoroughly in the rest of episode.

Blood Blockade Battlefront is the only decent thing. It's strongly episodic as of now though.

cajunator

Banned
OreMonogatari 3

icqWVXvuWN1dS.jpg

Suna is the world's best bro.

Is this the same art director/character design as Chihayafuru?

Show By Rock
Food Wars
Sound Euphonium
Plastic Memories

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
So right before they resolved everything you're complaining about. Gotcha.

Well, there are other issues, deeper issues, like the fact that I don't really care about two thirds of the main cast, I find Suna to be as interesting as dry cement and I find Yamato less a person then a walking embodiment of the Yamato Nadeshiko trope. Point of order is this series was not keeping me invested so I dropped it.

Midonin

Moon Phase 19-21

Took a long time, but Shaft finally added more than a still to the ending credits. Looks nice. As for the rest of the show... while Kouhei is finally trying to pick up the family legacy, the solitary nature of training is wearing down everybody. Having Artemis enter the picture isn't helping. She provides a curious foil to Hazuki, I think to show what would happen if Hazuki had remained isolated in the castle for even longer and not discovered all the friendships she got in the outside world. It's pretty clear who the masked man is - the show's not really hiding it - just a matter of when the other shoe drops. The tone's changed pretty significantly with the move from the city to the country. Whatever all this is leading up to, whatever good stopping point it finds, I'm sure Shaft will make it interesting to look at.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Triage X Episode 3:

Ah, I was wondering when this show was going to get to the yuri tease spots and well here we are. Of course since this show is stuck in PG-13 land very little of actual action takes place. I have said it before and I will said it again, this show really is being held back by the lack of overt blood and sex. It wants so badly to go in that direction but television prevents this. Though given the awful character designs I don't think even the blu-ray edition would be worth it. Still, this show is keeping me entertained enough to keep it around for the moment.

Ore Monogatari - 03

Suna is awesome. I'm curious to see how it's going to go in the following episodes, since plenty shows usually end with this.

Cornbread78

my teen romantic comedy snafu ep 1-7
This series has an interesting tone to it so far, I mean, the two main characters are both too smart for their own good, sarcastic, reclusive and lonely. However, they mean well and have big hearts. As sensei knows, they need each other..
The show hasn't been very funny, hasn't been overly dramatic, hasn't been romantic at all, but, it's been very enjoyable and engaging. I'm sure as it goes along Hach and Yuk will help each other grow and we will learn Yuk & Yui's back stories and I have to say, I'm very interested to see where this goes from here, especially with their personal growth.

Vecks

Ore Monogatari!! 3

Episode ended where I expected it to end. Not a huge deal, but I would have preferred they crammed this whole thing into 2 episodes instead of 3. It didn't really hit me last episode, but thinking about their names, isn't yamato her last name and takeo his first name? I guess he's just overly polite, but it's kind of odd when I think about it.

I'm assuming the next character will get introduced next week. I'm not too fond of what happens next, but hopefully that will be wrapped up in 2 eps.

cajunator

Banned
Moon Phase 19-21

Took a long time, but Shaft finally added more than a still to the ending credits. Looks nice. As for the rest of the show... while Kouhei is finally trying to pick up the family legacy, the solitary nature of training is wearing down everybody. Having Artemis enter the picture isn't helping. She provides a curious foil to Hazuki, I think to show what would happen if Hazuki had remained isolated in the castle for even longer and not discovered all the friendships she got in the outside world. It's pretty clear who the masked man is - the show's not really hiding it - just a matter of when the other shoe drops. The tone's changed pretty significantly with the move from the city to the country. Whatever all this is leading up to, whatever good stopping point it finds, I'm sure Shaft will make it interesting to look at.

I'll just leave this here

my teen romantic comedy snafu ep 1-7
The show hasn't been very funny, hasn't been overly dramatic, hasn't been romantic at all, but, it's been very enjoyable and engaging..

When I finished the first season and looked again at the title I was slightly confused.
Should've just named it The Hachiman Rises

Cornbread78

When I finished the first season and looked again at the title I was slightly confused.
Should've just named it The Hachiman Rises

Lol, sounds about right so far, it would be interesting to hear the banter back and forth and awkward moments if Hac and Yuk got together, but I'm guessing that isn't the focus or goal of the series.

Ore Monogatari!! 03

Well it's good they finally got past the will they/won't they parts, but it took way longer then it should've. Hopefully this speeds up now, but it probably won't.

Lol, sounds about right so far, it would be interesting to hear the banter back and forth and awkward moments if Hac and Yuk got together, but I'm guessing that isn't the focus or goal of the series.

Well it's gonna be hard for Hachiman and Yukino to get together because of Yui's feelings, plus he has some personal problems.

Personally I want Yui to win though, I mean I don't hate Yukino but to me she's just meh.

Really depends on what you like this season, there's no one amazing standout for me.

-Sound Euphonium
-Kekkai Sensen
-Ore Monogatari
-Shokugeki no Soma
-Ninja Slayer

Try these, I guess.

Blood Blockade Battlefront is the only decent thing. It's strongly episodic as of now though.

-BBB is a Shonen-tinged spectacle that's worth checking out.
-Ninja Slayer is the return of Inferno Cop's whimsy style intermixed with some actual animation.

Show By Rock
Food Wars
Sound Euphonium
Plastic Memories

Thanks for the recommendations. Think I'll give Ninja Slayer, and Kekkai Sensen a chance. Also how is The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan? is it good?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
FSN 15

Well, the wife's home and I watched it again since she missed it on a trip.

Goddamn Shirou treats every person in the universe like his very own Dulcinea. Basically, "I just met you, and this is crazy, but I'm gonna confront that invincible deity that just killed you for no reason."

Cornbread78

Well it's gonna be hard for Hachiman and Yukino to get together because of Yui's feelings, plus he has some personal problems.

Personally I want Yui to win though, I mean I don't hate Yukino but to me she's just meh.

Uugghh, I thought they cleared that all up. Damn 3rd wheel always making things difficult. I just think that there would be a great dynamic in a relationship with Yuk and Hac because they view/treat society the same way.

Soul Eater 4

What better way to start progressing the story than with zombies. Looks like this arc will mostly be focusing on Maka and Soul.

Triage X - 03

Still a big meh, most of the action isn't doing it for me, though the piercing spear bit was my kind of stupid, good work Hulk woman.
Alas I am a simple man, and my prison will forever be proportions. At least it's starting to move in a more interesting direction if you know what I mean.

Ore Monogatari 3

Well, that developed quickly. The first 10 or so minutes were kinda hard to watch as it was really cringe-y as he was going on and on about Suna . But it ended nicely, though I wonder where the show will go from here. It's nice they didn't spend forever on the pre-dating stage like many romances do, but now I'm not sure what to expect this to turn into.

Soul Eater 5

I have to admit, I did not see that ending coming. Well played Soul Eater. I think I'm going to enjoy watching Stein.
This was the first anime I watched. I had just moved to Canada, from my homeland and there we never thought of anime like Pokemon or Dragon Ball as anything other than just cartoons. Heck, even Evangelion was just like the others, cartoons. I get to where I live now, I am introduced to the whole culture and fandom behind it, and take a pick of a show to watch. That show was Soul Eater. Still remember it to this day aha. Enjoy it, the whole thing is amazing. Make sure you read the manga after you finish watching, great stuff in there.

Ore Monogatari 3

Well, that developed quickly. The first 10 or so minutes were kinda hard to watch as it was really cringe-y as he was going on and on about Suna . But it ended nicely, though I wonder where the show will go from here. It's nice they didn't spend forever on the pre-dating stage like many romances do, but now I'm not sure what to expect this to turn into.

into turns into manliness and diabeetus. Trust me you ain't seen nothing yet, buckle the fuck up. Highway to the sugar zone

Ore Monogatari E3

Yessss Suna, a fellow hater of the misunderstood romance. Making things escalate like it was a season finale.

Bad omens for the blue orge now however

Ore Monogatari 3

And now we have the adaptation of the ultimate bro line. Bros always come befo, fo sho fo sho.

Also I think Cromartie High School spoiled me with people in the sky endings

Ore Monogatari - 03

Okay this story and its characters grew tiring on me real quickly this episode.

I can't fucking take another second of Takeo praising Suna, that ogre story they keep stuffing into our faces and Yamato being nothing more than a moe baker.

Why did all this require 3 episodes?

Unfortunately the comedy falls flat more me too. Yes, Takeo is a huge guy and make dumb faces - that's not that funny really. I give it 2 more episodes because the direction is still good and some of you claim there's more to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom