• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spyro Reignited Trilogy - gameplay video.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Can't wait - this is what remakes should be. Do everything from the ground up but create the same game. They nailed Crash and I've every faith this'll be the same.

xviper

very excited for it, but i hope they add new levels

Crash remake was nothing more than a visual upgrade, i hope it's not the same case with Spyro, other companies should learn from REmake

sublimit

Banned
I don't want anymore gameplay videos,i already knew that the game played and looked fantastic. What i want is Activision to finally come out and confirm if all 3 games will be on disc so i can finally know if i'll preorder it or not.

Everytime I think about this trilogy I tell myself I will wait for a price drop to buy it instead of doing what I did with Crash last year.
But then I watch a video and damn, I feel the urge to play it immediately.
Fukken nostalgia.

SALMORE

Can't wait ! the original Spyro was the first game that i finished 100% way back before trophies & achievements , i just hope that they confirm that all the 3 games are on the disc 😟

More games should get this sort of treatment. It's beautiful, it'll have loads of content, it doesn't require any game design beyond copying what was already there, and it should sell nicely to both a new generation and nostalgic fans alike.

Mattyp

Gold Member
very excited for it, but i hope they add new levels

Crash remake was nothing more than a visual upgrade, i hope it's not the same case with Spyro, other companies should learn from REmake

As soon as you start introducing new levels just call it a sequel. All I want is this the way I remember it, I actually preferred this over Crash 1/2/3 growing up. Gex next thanks. Still wont be purchasing unless all the games are on the disc.

Last edited:

Airbus Jr

Banned
After Shadow of Colosus, DMC trilogy, Dark Souls trilogy, Crash, Spyro, Secret of Mana and Medievil it's time for us fans to demand Legend of Dragoon for the next remake

Last edited:
I thought i would share my favorit moments in spyro that happens to be a level design aspect, the same thing nailed tomb raider 3 nevada desert level, same sort of greatness aspect to it.

In spyro's case i am talking about experiencing the realisation that you can get to the grass plains in Stone hill, it was such a powerful moment when i realised the game was not as closed up as you are lead to believe if you play the other levels. Minus the one With matadors town square i think it was called.
That was not the only time a realisation gave a sort of aha moment the other happened in 2nd home world.

So yeah just like in the nevada level where your first expecting some sort of closed level and the realisation or aha moment of experiencing how the level is much more open than you initially thought is My favorit aspect, the other is that spyro is really a chill out game. Can't wait.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I don't want anymore gameplay videos,i already knew that the game played and looked fantastic. What i want is Activision to finally come out and confirm if all 3 games will be on disc so i can finally know if i'll preorder it or not.

This.

DonJimbo

One question i want to order crash on the ps4 but on amazon there are two different versions one the normal and another one with a 2.0 whats the difference between them ?

iconmaster

Banned

Yup, this confusion has unfortunately overshadowed everything else about the game. It's in Activision's best interest to get this clarified PDQ.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Is it just me, or was the motion blur on this giving anyone else headaches?

Unpopular opinion but this is looking more disappointing the more I see of it.

Crash was exciting to watch remade as more footage was shown. Vicarious Visions stayed true to the character designs and just rendered everything with a higher fidelity.

Reignited has great fidelity like Crash, but from a design standpoint I'm left scratching my head. Sheila for example is one of my favorite characters but she looks terrible in this. She looks completely different from the original and for what?

Maybe I'll just play Spyro 2 and skip the others. I'm definitely more excited for a new Crash game over Spyro.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Which one do you recommend me to buy

I would assume 2.0 that way it is content complete. But I can't seem to find any information outside of 2.0 being an additional level. So it could either be marketing and you still need to DL the level, or it may come on the disc.

So is it just nostalgia that makes people want to buy this? Because when it originally released I could see the gameplay being more appealing. But here it just looks sooooooo boring. Same thing with the Crash remaster. I doubt anyone today, even with nostalgia, would play this all the way to the end.

So is it just nostalgia that makes people want to buy this? Because when it originally released I could see the gameplay being more appealing. But here it just looks sooooooo boring. Same thing with the Crash remaster. I doubt anyone today, even with nostalgia, would play this all the way to the end.
Judging from my PS4 trophies about 10% of people who bought Crash (+3 million) have finished all three games. Crash benefits from linear and compact level design. This makes it a very simple game to play, but I think it's aged better for it.

Spyro's large open level design leaves a lot to be desired - especially Spyro 1. After playing the original games I only enjoyed them occasionally. Still love Spyro 2 though.

DonJimbo

I would assume 2.0 that way it is content complete. But I can't seem to find any information outside of 2.0 being an additional level. So it could either be marketing and you still need to DL the level, or it may come on the disc.
2.0 is cheaper than the normal version there seems to be clue

I had to call up customer support to claim my refund, but the agent was surprisingly prompt and spoke fluent English.

I'll consider a physical copy if Activision cleans this game up by November.

for me its not a problem . but it seems like You still are required to download some stuff before you can play spyro 2 and 3.
I understand the argument of Preservation so i hope the inevitable PC port will handle that aspect...

Top Bottom