• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square announces Seiken Densetsu (Mana series) remake for iOS/AND/Vita, ARPG, not-F2P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeana

And honestly, Sword of Mana's only problem was that it was too easy!

And they removed the Final Fantasy stuff. And the music sounds awful. And the combat is slow. The magic system is crappy. And they added so many stupid extras that bogged down the experience, while also removing the puzzle elements the original had. And the story went from simple and elegant to completely overwrought. It looks great, yes, but that's about it.

Sinople

Looks a lot like Rise of Mana, the F2P one, which is worrying as it's a boring mess of a game that runs badly on the Vita despite not being a looker at all.

18-Volt

Site relaunched with new screenshots according to gematsu.

Also there's a button for English in the top left corner of the site. It's currently grayed out... but localization confirmed? :O

Why do I have this feeling that we won't get the Vita version in west? I really don't want to play this with on-screen buttons...

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Why do I have this feeling that we won't get the Vita version in west? I really don't want to play this with on-screen buttons...

After this year, honestly anything is possible.

From this:

gfs_40378_2_11.jpg

to this:

?

Yuck... The design is all over the place.

EmSeta

I wonder how they're treating the plot - Sword of Mana inexplicably watered down the story by removing or changing some of the character deaths.

I wonder how they're treating the plot - Sword of Mana inexplicably watered down the story by removing or changing some of the character deaths.

It's a remake of the original game, Final Fantasy Adventure.

Sword of Mana most likely has zero influence on this, similar to how FFIV PSP did not take into account FFIV DS (the 3D remake by Matrix Software).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom