• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix 1st Production Department Premiere Thread: [Some Trailers]

Gravijah

duckroll said:
The trailer for Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance featured combat in Traverse Town, and both Sora and Riku were shown doing acrobatic actions like spinning around street lamps and jumping off walls. Tai Yasue is the co-director of KH3D, just as he was for BbS, and he says that they plan on making a KH game which was not possible to make previously. The 3D effect of the 3DS will be used to enhance perception and make platforming much more user friendly. Both Sora and Riku will be playable and there will be a character switching system.

Now the show has moved on to Dissidia012 with a brand new trailer.

Was Traverse Towns best music in the series playing in the background? :(

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
duckroll said:
The trailer for Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance featured combat in Traverse Town, and both Sora and Riku were shown doing acrobatic actions like spinning around street lamps and jumping off walls. Tai Yasue is the co-director of KH3D, just as he was for BbS, and he says that they plan on making a KH game which was not possible to make previously. The 3D effect of the 3DS will be used to enhance perception and make platforming much more user friendly. Both Sora and Riku will be playable and there will be a character switching system.

Sounds like more KH1, less KHII.

...shit, sign me up.

duckroll

Gravijah said:
Was Traverse Towns best music in the series playing in the background? :(

I'm just translating what Famitsu is posting. I'm waiting for the streaming event to be able to watch it like everyone else.

duckroll said:

I misread "acrobatic" as "alcoholic".

Anyway, I'm guessing it's KH1-style Riku and Sora?

Chris R

I guess I lucked out in basically quitting the series after og KH? Still have KH2 but the story seemed like it was going to get batshit insane, and with all these sequels I'm so far behind :(

That 3D reminds me of Seed where every word related to Gundam or MS is like an acronym. >_<;;

Anyway I hope they introduce more characters in Duodecim, I'm hoping for Balthier. :O

Feep

Banned
I was going to go find a hosted 16 x 16 .gif of the old :lol, but then I realized that the person who used it got banned. So, uh...

Never mind.

Seda

Takahashi says that this time, they're going to be adding all the characters they can possibly add.

-Andriasang.

I WANT VIVI

Gravijah

Seda said:
Takahashi says that this time, they're going to be adding all the characters they can possibly add.

-Andriasang.

I WANT VIVI

Only one person from FFIX truly deserves to be in a fighting game: Beatrix.

Gomu Gomu

Oh man that KH title :lol

Feep said:
I was going to go find a hosted 16 x 16 .gif of the old :lol, but then I realized that the person who used it got banned. So, uh...

Never mind.
I'm sorry if this isn't the place to ask, but why were the Emoticons taken out?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
duckroll said:
Prishe is in Dissidia012! LOL!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.vader

Kenka

Noshino said:
Because this isn't supposed to be KH3 I think

What does supppose mean now anyway... it's up to them to name their games right ? They do it awfully, why not naming this one III and the next one IV ? I'm puzzled...

edit : omg, this is piercing people's heart, "Prologus" worst thing I've heared all day.

duckroll

If you buy Prologus, you unlock Aerith as an Assist Character in the full game. Hahahahahaha. I'm sorry, I might not be updating for a while, I can't stop laughing. :(

Feep

Banned
Gomu Gomu said:
Oh man that KH title :lol

I'm sorry if this isn't the place to ask, but why were the Emoticons taken out?
Paraphrased quote from EviLore: "They were being used excessively, like :rolleyes was back in the day. It was detrimental to meaningful discussion."

I personally disagree. I think there was no better way to establish, "I greatly enjoyed your post, and am laughing in mirth, thank you sir" than a laughing smiley. Or, perhaps, "I can't believe what just happened. Are you guys seeing this?"

It communicated an idea, as do words. Actively removing it does nothing to curb kneejerk responses, and without a team of North Korea-esque mods going through every post to approve it as "acceptable", it really does nothing of import.

IMO.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
duckroll said:
Dissidia012 Prologus announced - pre-release PAY demo. Out today, 300yen. LOLOLOL!

See this is why I hate Squeenix fans (myself included). You know that shit is going to fly anyway.

RpgN

Am I reading this right? They're asking money for Dissidia prologus demo?! It costs 300 yen from PSN store.

Top Bottom