• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix cancels Gun Loco (X360)

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Apparently, the art director, Yuki Kawawa, left and its development halted before the cancellation announcement.

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/03/20/gun_loco_art_director_comments/

Gun Loco was officially cancelled on Friday. But it looks like the game's development came to a halt some time before that.

On the day of the cancellation, art director Yuki Kawawa revealed via his Twitter that he'd left Square Enix back at the end of February.

Commenting on the cancelation itself, he said "As announced today, Gun Loco has been cancelled. We made a game that had a good feel, but last TGS ended up being the only chance to get your hands on it. It's very unfortunate, but I will strive to deliver in a different form the entertainment spirit that was cultivated through Gun Loco."

Gun Loco was first announced at last year's Gamescom, and was put on playable display at the Tokyo Game Show in September. The game was due for overseas release in February, but the release date came and went without comment from Square Enix.

The game's official cancellation came during a rush of delays and even one high profile cancelation related to the March 11 Tohoku earthquake and tsunami. However, given Kawawa's comments, it looks like Gun Loco's cancelation did not have anything to do with that event.

=HERO=

Neo Member
duckroll said:
I thought the grand prize was 3000 bucks. The runner's up prize was a Xbox360 console and the game.
Oh, wow, so busy, so I didn't see this.

Yeah, I did second guess that before posting. I knew the grand prize was (supposed to be) to perform the theme song, but it does indeed look like the game and 360 was only going to the runner ups. It definitely isn't going to work out like that for any of the winners, though! This whole thing, from game to contest, seems like it was a bit messed up from the beginning.

Duckroll was the first person to answer my posts ^_^

Gvaz

Banned
I just heard about this thing now, and I think it looks cool!

I don't understand why they canned it though, I would have bought it.

Top Bottom