• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix Europe confirms Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days

Kuran said:
Looking forward to the GiantBomb video review.

Sounds exciting though, but if they have such fresh ideas for their new game, why risk it with the Kane and Lynch title?

LOL I see what you did there :lol :lol :lol

MrHicks

Banned
the first kane and lynch was AWESOME
except for the last military style missions

why all the hate?

IO is a good developer

JCtheMC

Please be a good game, please be a good game, please be a good game, please have acceptable writing, please be a go...

Engaging in a strange type of Michael Mann fanboyism is something i wish more developers would do - now please be good at it too IO.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
This game will probably be a dog turd just like the first, but I'm excited for it just for the Giant Bomb and GameSpot reviews.

Geek

Ninny Prancer
Neuromancer said:
Promise me 2p online co-op and you've got yourself a deal Eidos. That's really the only reason I didn't get the 1st one.

It has two-player online co-op, which I assume will be announced when the full trailer is shown...

mik said:
Welp, there's one of your Spike VGA trailers.

Yeah, sounds about right.

MrHicks said:
the first kane and lynch was AWESOME
except for the last military style missions

why all the hate?

IO is a good developer

I suspect most people are simply running on hearsay, and while Dead Men did have its fair share of issues, it was a damn good experience. Can't wait for Dog Days.

DAMN, check out the crazy CCTV vids on the K&L site! Forgive my enthusiasm, but I can't wait for this.

EDIT: Ah, the first vid was linked on Youtube a few posts up, but the second one
with Lynch and the bowling ball
is up now.

Hellion

Ganondorfo said:
The first one had a great storyline (mostly if you are big fan of the old michael mann movies like heat and collateral). But the controls were so bad in this game.

This.

Anastacio said:
The Press Release:

- 2010 release for PC, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360.
- Released under the Eidos label.
- Something new and exciting both gameplay wise and visualistic is in store for us.

The only IO Interactive game I really liked was Hitman: Codename 47, I got great memories of it. Mini Ninjas was nothing bad at all either. Though, I'm really excited for Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days, only because it's from the only major danish developer we got here in my country.

...a developer thats been slowly declining in quality, mang. Seriously, their output in the Hitman series is getting increasingly getting worse IMO.

Satanyoka said:
I hope you get to kill Kane's daughter. What a bitch.

If it's sarcasm, I sort of don't get the angle. If it's not, then you've not played the game...or simply chose poorly at the jungle plateau airstrip scene.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
highluxury said:
...a developer thats been slowly declining in quality, mang. Seriously, their output in the Hitman series is getting increasingly getting worse IMO.

Blood Money is by far the best Hitman game so I'm not sure why you would think this.

PetriP-TNT said:
Oh shit, Kane fuck and shit Lynch sure fuck had some vulgar fucking language, oh shit oh shit I wonder if number fucking 2 will be twice as fucking badass

lol, this game looks interesting

Pachimari

This time you're Lynch, and you've got online co-op

Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days recently made the transition from rumored software to announced product, but details about the game have remained scarce, even on the game's official site.

I found some, however, on an assets disc I recently received from Square Enix, and they present some good news for those who played the first game.

The 2010 game switches the lead in the series, putting players in control of "self-medicated psychopath" Lynch. The story, according to the fact sheet, begins with Lynch having found peace in Shanghai and attempting to "make a fat deal where the pay is beyond his wildest dreams and nothing is going to get in his way."

The plot summary promises that Lynch will find Shanghai to be the "perfect playground for expat criminals such as [himself]; seduction and corruption highlight the contrasts of the city as players fight through the seedy underbelly of Shanghai – a juxtaposition of old-world and new-world ideals ripe with black market opportunities for Kane and Lynch to exploit and reap rewards from."

The game will support online co-op, in contrast to the original's inclusion only of offline co-op. Competitive online multiplayer will return.

The fact sheet is light on gameplay details, though it does note that players who are shot to the ground in the new game will be able to shoot from a prone position or crawl away, giving them a second chance in the fight.

The game is in development at series creators Io Interactive. It is announced for a Q2 2010 launch on the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC.

http://kotaku.com/5408420/at-least-one-twist-one-upgrade-for-kane--lynch-2

- Online co-op.
- This time, we're primarily Lynch.
- You can crawl away if you're shot down.

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
Will this one be playable? The first had some of the worst controls ever.

Pachimari

cuyahoga said:
Will this one be playable? The first had some of the worst controls ever.
a spokesperson from Eidos has already answered your question in this very same thread. IO Interactive have taken care of the controls but it still remains to be seen.

Keir_Eidos

Eidos Loves You
Joseph Merrick said:
Let me ask you this, have they fixed the USB bug they had in the first Kane & Lynch and Mini Ninjas yet? The USB bug (I know you are aware of but will explain anyway) is that if you have certain USB keyboards or mice plugged into the computer it will give constant stuttering in-game making the games pretty much unplayable. The only way to get around this that I've found is to unplug both keyboard and mouse, so you have to play with a 360 gamepad or similar controller in those games. Which is absolutely crazy.

Also, will IO support the game after release at all? If there are technical issues will they patch them? AKA. there was a patch for K&L promised (at least for the PC version) and it never happened. Mini Ninjas is never getting patched either. Eidos after release support is usually/always non-existant, WHY IS THIS? Heh.

I've asked the team at IO and they've confirmed that the USB bug won't be an issue in K&L2.

Point number two - As much as I'd like to help, I don't have any information regarding patches. I could ask the powers that be but realistically speaking I think it's too early to expect any official news on this front as the game isn't out and we're yet to announce a release date. Sorry I couldn't be of more help there.

Multiplayer was completely broken for K&L PC (people couldnt connect, game crashed if you were lucky enough to get a game etc)..... lets hope this isnt the case this time around :'(

GrayFoxPL

Love Kane & Lynch. Fuck the haters.

And those K&L2 teasers are the best and freshest things in gaming marketing I've seen in years!
Awesome!

Satanyoka

Banned
Pylon_Trooper said:
If it's sarcasm, I sort of don't get the angle. If it's not, then you've not played the game...or simply chose poorly at the jungle plateau airstrip scene.
Just through out the game I found her really annoying, I just hope she's not in the second game. I did complete the two endings though.

Pachimari

Hmm.. CVG wrote an article about Kane & Lynch 2 earlier today, I guess it has been pulled. A Xbox World magazine have det first screenshots and details about the shaky-cam.

Btw, I got a friend here in Copenhagen, who were at IO Interactive last week to make a facial scan of her face for the upcoming Hitman game. Even though I think that would be Kane & Lynch 2, as that's what's being closest to being done.

Keir_Eidos said:
I've asked the team at IO and they've confirmed that the USB bug won't be an issue in K&L2.
Love it. I'm in.

Satanyoka said:
Just through out the game I found her really annoying, I just hope she's not in the second game. I did complete the two endings though.
Yeah, she was quite annoying. Kane is also a fucking asshole though. I let her die many times in the construction yard under the dumper truck.. so I'm also an asshole. It's all good baby.

Anastacio said:
Btw, I got a friend here in Copenhagen, who were at IO Interactive last week to make a facial scan of her face for the upcoming Hitman game. Even though I think that would be Kane & Lynch 2, as that's what's being closest to being done.
Hot. Hitman is also being worked on right now btw, seems so. IO is a couple of hundred people.

edit: woah, mixed up their names

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Anastacio said:
Hmm.. CVG wrote an article about Kane & Lynch 2 earlier today, I guess it has been pulled. A Xbox World magazine have det first screenshots and details about the shaky-cam.

http://www.incgamers.com/News/19778/io-threw-away-everything-for-kane--lynch-2

that webpage has some of the details of what CVG wrote, no screnshoots tough.

A preview in the latest issue of Xbox World 360 (via CVG) reveals that the Kane & Lynch developer went through all the reviews, comments, and impressions they could find in order to narrow down what went wrong, and then "threw away everything" so that the team could start from scratch.

The only things kept were the game engine and the characters although even these have tweaked, as this time around players will be taking the role of medicated murderer Lynch in the game's single-player mode, with Kane relegated to co-op mode - which will now support online play.

Kane & Lynch 2: Dog DaysThe game's art style and camera work have been inspired by Michael Mann flick Collateral's grainy look, with Xbox World 360 calling the shaky-cam "impressive" and noting that running makes the camera shake to keep up, while being shot results in the camera "taking the brunt of the blast," according to CVG.

It's still a third-person shooter at its core, though, with plenty of cover-based shooting on display. The mag was told that there will be new game mechanics, but they have yet to be revealed.

Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days is due out on PC, PS3, and Xbox 360 sometime in 2010, and follows the pair of mass-murderers as they blast their way through Shanghai. Check out the initial announcement for more, and be sure to have a look at the "bowling" teaser video.

Rolf NB

"Introducing a new visual experience, Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days is inspired by documentary filmmakers and the user-generated era. Every aspect of the game has been designed to deliver a fresh perspective to the words 'intensity' and 'realism' in video games."

The person who wrote this needs to be punched in the face much more often.

soyboy

Revolutionary said:
New trailer here

Still a bit of a teaser but it's much more substantial than the other videos posted in this thread.

Looks good.

First game had flaws but it was pretty enjoyable and had some great set pieces. The bank robbery really stands out and makes me want to revisit the game.

Hopefully people won't shit on this one without giving it a fair chance after the whole review fiasco from the first game.

I kind of enjoyed the first one. Terrible graphics at times and weird shooting but I loved being such a bad guy. :lol

As long as they are still working on new hitman (and they are) I am happy.

bengraven

I don't even play FF games anymore, but the 17 year old kid from the 90's in me is sad to see this thread title.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Gexecuter said:
Anyone catch what the lady is saying in the video? i can't hear it very well.

"Can't you sleep, Lynch?"

"Should we all go out for dinner?"

"Lynch?"

"...Lynchy?"

What I managed to get out of it.

I'm pretty stoked for this one. The first one was pretty bad, to me, although I didn't play much of it. But IO, come on, I want Hitman 5!

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Domino Theory said:
"Can't you sleep, Lynch?"

"Should we all go out for dinner?"

"Lynch?"

"...Lynchy?"

What I managed to get out of it.

I'm pretty stoked for this one. The first one was pretty bad, to me, although I didn't play much of it. But IO, come on, I want Hitman 5!

Thank you!

soyboy

momolicious said:
what is going on in that teaser?

Lynch is schizophrenic and out of his mind. Guessing he's having flashbacks to his early years when shit hit the fan and taking his meds to get rid of the images.

Guessing they're going to have Lynch haunted by his previous escapades and flashing in & out during missions. it'll be interesting to see how they bring Kane back into it.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Not that I actually played the first one mysef, but.. Did anyone actually ask for a K&L sequel, or even want it? I thought it was generally panned as being.. not that good?

Top Bottom