• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix Europe confirms Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days

derFeef

DOBERMAN INC said:
Don't you get it? SE own Eidos now hahaha!!, Therefore it now will be turn based.Its hilarious really.
Oh. Ha.. ha. Because publishers make the games (yeah I am a dead serious person)

EXGN

IO is generally a quality dev. IIRC, Kane and Lynch was rushed out the door to make the 2007 holiday season, which is why it was so shite.

derFeef

EXGN said:
IO is generally a quality dev. IIRC, Kane and Lynch was rushed out the door to make the 2007 holiday season, which is why it was so shite.
Yep, just look at mini ninjas. I have no doubt that they can pull it off with Dog Days too.

Weenerz

Banned
If the market shooting scene is actual gameplay, then it looks like they haven't improved the shoot mechanic one bit. If not, then carry on.

I'll just quote myself from 4 months ago
PetriP-TNT said:
Oh shit, Kane fuck and shit Lynch sure fuck had some vulgar fucking language, oh shit oh shit I wonder if number fucking 2 will be twice as fucking badass

Watched the trailer, not impressed. I know the shaky cam thing is a big feature their touting but I think it's just stupid. And I don't like games that are vulgar just because they can be. Does the woman running around have to be completely naked? No. The shooting in the first game also sucked really bad. Time will tell if they actually make it enjoyable this time.

derFeef said:
Yep, just look at mini ninjas. I have no doubt that they can pull it off with Dog Days too.

Seriously ...if you can get past the fact that it's demograph is children, it's actually a really great and somewhat underated game

derFeef

Rated-Rsuperstar said:
Watched the trailer, not impressed. I know the shaky cam thing is a big feature their touting but I think it's just stupid. And I don't like games that are vulgar just because they can be. Does the woman running around have to be completely naked? No. The shooting in the first game also sucked really bad. Time will tell if they actually make it enjoyable this time.

I dot not see any problem with it according to what happened before that. I do like such things because it is not your usual world-saviour-everyone-is-pretty stuff.

On other news - Jamie Foxx playing Lynch in the movie. wow - smh.

soyboy

nskinnear said:
15d9wzm.jpg

WOW.

The cover is horrendous. I kind of enjoyed the first game because of the set pieces and I'll most likely get this on day one if the reviews are decent.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
derFeef said:
I dot not see any problem with it according to what happened before that. I do like such things because it is not your usual world-saviour-everyone-is-pretty stuff.

On other news - Jamie Foxx playing Lynch in the movie. wow - smh.

i totally forgot about this. wow

kamspy

I liked K&L on PC. Bought it for $3 a while after the game came out. I did play the console versions and completely understand the backlash though. Terrible terrible creations.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Part 2 features the Most interesting man in the world. Awesome

Game looks fun as shit too, will definitely keep this in mind

Mesijs

That impression sounds amazing. Really looking forward to it. The graphics and especially sound don't let me down at all, looks perfectly right for an urban crime-game.

Odrion

Banned
seat said:
Aesthetically speaking, that cover is horrible. Reminds me of
Karnaaj_Rally.jpg

Especially with the funny angle and poorly-selected color palette.
okay, someone do one of those gifs where one image morphs into the other

Loxley

Wow, I was impressed with that trailer.

Looks like their design philosophy is "Okay, if Michael Mann made a video game...", which is awesome. I see elements of Collateral and Miami Vice (the 2005 remake) in there, badass.

derFeef

SmokyDave said:
Wow, that looks better than I expected. Mind you, I'm one of seven people that enjoyed the first one.
I have just finished the first one some days ago. Pretty fantastic game, if pretty heavy flawed.

SmokyDave said:
Wow, that looks better than I expected. Mind you, I'm one of seven people that enjoyed the first one.
Yes but it sold extremely well, so lets hope the game itself is better this time around.
Trailer looks to have the wow but those it play well is my question.

Top Bottom