• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix France teasing Type-0 for E3; "j" found in Agito app name in Japan

Searched but couldnt find.

Here's a tweet from french square with translated version (original link in the tweet)

https://twitter.com/obsqura/status/468228517453234177

Lock if type-0d (ironic)

// Mod Edit:

As a side note, so people don't get too disappointed in case it doesn't come:

Also, I had a look at the app itself, and while there's not much but loading screens and icons on it for now, the folder with the app contents is called "FinalFantasyAgitoj.app"... is the "j" there because there are other versions being developed as well for other languages? Maybe when the game can actually be played more data mining will be possible. EDIT: Also the game runs on Unity, so there's that.

Gonna wait for more... solid information before getting completely excited, but I really hope it's true and isn't some mobile bullshit.

Khrno

At this point I don't really care what platform it comes on (Vita, 3DS, Steam, mobile), I just want a localized version of Type-0, and while we are at it, of Agito too, the game looks decent enough for what it is.

Can't wait for Agito 2 to be announced at TGS. Hopefully the Type-0 audience from the PSP game will transfer over to the iOS series.

Zomba13

If they plan on bringing Agito outside of JP (which I think they said they did plan to) then there is no point in them releasing the proper Type-0 or a mobile port of it. It'll just create confusion and will affect the sales of each other.

If this is by some miracle Type-0 (for Vita or whatever) and not Agito then I'll hop on my pig and fly to E3 and kiss whatever SE guys are there.

But it won't so I won't have to.

Coxy

I do hope sony has some of those wanted localisation announcements at E3, this would be a good one, yakuza 5 too please

TaiKH92

Banned
This is in reply to a series of replies about the release of the mobile game.

images

Velcro Fly

My expectations rose from zero to about 0.5 out of 100 for this. I'll certainly be keeping an eye on E3 anyway so who knows. Will be icing on the cake if it's anything.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Don't do this to yourselves, guys.

I have a feeling Type-0 will be the new Vesperia PS3.

I hope me forwarding this information was a good idea.. lol.
the french tweet is from the 16th, it could of easily slipped by.. now i've probally set you guys up for disappointment !!

It would be nice if they release it as a PSN game or Vita game for the West, but at the same time the fanslation will be released in August, so I'm not as desperate for this to be true as I would have been a while ago.

I will play this game, this year. Just depends how I'm doing it.

Zomba13

I hope me forwarding this information was a good idea.. lol.
the french tweet is from the 16th, it could of easily slipped by.. now i've probally set you guys up for disappointment !!

Anyone who actually gets exicted/hyped for Type-0 (PSP game) is just setting themselves up for disappointment and deservers it.

People who are hyped/excited for Agito (stripped down mobile spin-off/retelling/prequel thingie(?)) will get what they want.

People who are excited becuase they are confused about type-0/agito and think that Agito is a mobile port of Type-0 will be upset and call bullshit on this.

Eusis

Type 0 was initially Agito.
Basically keep expectations in check.
Well, on the flip side the stories are different. Connected, but different.

Being a prequel it could actually be good to do a port/update to another platform or multiple other platforms then use Agito to build up hype.

EDIT: With that said a Twitter account may either have the two mixed up or ONLY is teasing for Agito. So yeah.

Zomba13

Can anyone explain what's going on? Is it a Type-0 or an Agito tease?

The tweet is in response to a Type-0 tweet but most likely about Agito (as one was called the other and the are both set in the same universe/connected). Most likely someone talks about Agito (mobile) then someone decides to ask about Type-0 (PSP) but the SE twitter interprets that as asking about Agito (mobile) so gives a tease because Agito is probably coming out to regions outside of JP while Type-0 isn't.

Zomba13

I don't think SE Europe know what type-0 is.

Pretty much this. It's not on their list of scheduled releases while Agito is. As far as they know (or the guy running the twitter) Agito is the localised Type-0 but for mobiles so any question about Type-0 they give answers for Agito.

Toth

Less than a month to go till we find out. Maybe...just maybe...

But we do have the excellent fan translation as backup!

The tweet is in response to a Type-0 tweet but most likely about Agito (as one was called the other and the are both set in the same universe/connected). Most likely someone talks about Agito (mobile) then someone decides to ask about Type-0 (PSP) but the SE twitter interprets that as asking about Agito (mobile) so gives a tease because Agito is probably coming out to regions outside of JP while Type-0 isn't.

Oh. Sadface :(

I guess at least we get Agito then. That's something.

Pikma

Banned
Not sure if mentioned before but somebody asked him about KH3 and FFXV dates and he practically says that they're still far away, like, not coming this year at all, but I guess that was already a given.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Not sure if mentioned before but somebody asked him about KH3 and FFXV dates and he practically says that they're still far away, like, not coming this year, but I guess that was already a given.

This guy won't last long...

Top Bottom