• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix to Announce Titles Meant for E3 Individually July/August

Final Fantasy 16 confirmed!...Seriously though, it would align with the Crimson/FF16 leak recently, since Project Athia appears to match with everything that was leaked about Crimson.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
So basically, we'll get one or two games shown at Microsoft's Xbox showcase in July and one or two games shown at Sony's PS5 showcase in August. At least, that's what it sounds like to me.

Jooxed

Gold Member
So basically, we'll get one or two games shown at Microsoft's Xbox showcase in July and one or two games shown at Sony's PS5 showcase in August. At least, that's what it sounds like to me.

Don't you do my Bravely II like that.

splattered

All we ever heard on this forum is how E3 was useless and no longer needed because Sony decided it was no longer important.

I knew it would be a bad idea to axe the show altogether... .

Not a huge fan of news dropping all over the place like this and everyone has already shown that they're not really capable of putting on a quality replacement show yet.

How many years do you guys want to suffer through Sony and MS trying to get their shit together and put out a show that doesn't suck? haha

Also both companies are for some reason insisting to spread news out thin through the year which just feels awful.

2020: The year E3 was strechted out from May to December.

Please E3, stay alive 😂
I really hate this information drip, just host an all in on presentation. Man i miss e3

johntown

Banned
I'd take either, though I'm currently playing CC on my Vita. Still a great game.
Would love to see SE do something with the Xenogears IP, too....wishful thinking though.
I agree but I have Chrono Trigger on PC but still stuck with an emulator for Cross. Xenogears would be amazing as well!

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Don't you do my Bravely II like that.

Isn't Bravely Default 2 exclusive for Switch? Plus, it's been announced already. My guess is those 2-4 games are unannounced titles.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Need more info on Babylon's Fall, which I'm betting is Yoko Taro's next real project. I'm sure he's having some input on the remaster and the mobile spinoff, but lets be honest, neither of those are things SE would want him to follow the breakout hit of Nier: Automata with.

Last edited:

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
Hope they bring back the GBA version of Final Fantasy V/VI with SNES music, not the shit we have in Steam. Also, a proper Chrono Trigger/Cross port and there old SNES-era titles like E.V.O.: Search for Eden.

Last edited:

Silvawuff

Final Fantasy XVI for release in 2028 after three movies, a mobile game, and a visit to your home by Nomura himself so he can explain the new plot in detail using action figures and a moogle-themed chalkboard. For PS6.

Honestly tho I'd take a port/remaster of Legend of Mana, Brave Fencer Musashi, or hell, let's even go with Einhänder. We'll probably get a remaster for The Bouncer lol.

E.T. Waifu

tHOwyyj.png

I'm still here. Waiting for Parasite Eve.

it's sad after so many years of disappointment that we still expect great things from SE. FF7remake was the best thing they've done in yeas, give credit where it's due but besides that i don't have faith in them. we haven't had any new mainline ff news, that's not an online game since 13 and versus 13 announcements.

GrayChild

I'd be more than happy with a new NieR (the remaster of Replicant doesn't count) and a next gen Parasite Eve remake/reboot.

YukiOnna

it's sad after so many years of disappointment that we still expect great things from SE. FF7remake was the best thing they've done in yeas, give credit where it's due but besides that i don't have faith in them. we haven't had any new mainline ff news, that's not an online game since 13 and versus 13 announcements.
Dunno SE has been pretty good for me in recent years. Their output has been quite solid after the CEO change and only gotten better and I'm thankful of the resurgence of their low/mid-tier titles that looked to be dying in the Wada era.

ZZZZ

I guess my reasonable expectations would be:
More gameplay from the new Marvel game.
Some KH stuff.
FF VII Part 1 PS5, PC update. (maybe a dlc? Probably not, just textures and RTX).
Outriders.
Mobile games and more hitman gameplay.

Unreasonable expectations:
FF XVI trailer
FF VIIR part 2 trailer

Not sure where to put gameplay of Nier Replicant.

Last edited:

AzureFlame

I hope that whatever they show is not very far from release and we don't have to wait 5 years for it to hit the shelves.

Nickolaidas

An announcement of an upgraded (and free for those who own the PS4 version) PS5 version of FFVII remake with 4K textures would be godlike for me.

Myths

I recall being slightly underwhelmed at the key visuals for Babylon's Fall last year. It might change though. BDII looks interesting, yet to get around to its earlier titles.

sublimit

Banned
I wonder if Project Prelude Rune is still in development (even without Hideo Baba at its helm) and if it resurfaces at some point.

Last edited:

Holgren

If it is anything other than FFVIIR Part2 then I'll be sorely disappointed, please don't take decades to finish it Square-Enix.

Last edited:
Top Bottom