• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix's vampiric game from a decade ago...?

image147.png

Bloodmasque. It was cancelled because its development team was put in charge of FF14's overhaul, and then another team took the project and turned it into a mobile game.

The original team is now working on... FF16!

Here's the history behind it:
THIS IS IT!!!
Oh man, so I wasn't misremembering things!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
When I read what I just wrote I find it hard to believe that a title of this caliber could've just disappeared without any Square fans crying about it 24/7/365...

THIS IS IT!!!
Oh man, so I wasn't misremembering things!

So the reason Square fans aren't crying about this 24/7/365 is that even 7 years ago everyone knew that mobile games were a joke. Also looks like Fbh Fbh was the first to arrive at the answer after all!

So the reason Square fans aren't crying about this 24/7/365 is that even 7 years ago everyone knew that mobile games were a joke. Also looks like Fbh Fbh was the first to arrive at the answer after all!
That youtube video of the rebooted mobile game is completely different from the visual art of the original project posted by Lady Grivenger so I couldn't make a link between the two.

oagboghi2

God, remember when every press outlet was just creaming themselves over mobile games on the iphone and ipad.

This was supposed to be the future

Top Bottom