• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Citizen Alpha 2.0 | The 'Verse Awakens

I'm curious, is anyone else having issues logging into the Star Citizen launcher but has no issues logging into the RSI website with the same credentials? Do I have to re-download the launcher?

EDIT: I guess I needed to update the launcher.

Geist-

So, I totally forgot there was a Subscriber town hall for character artists today.

Transcript since it's almost over.

I guess I wasn't paying attention when Josh Herman was hired, because I just realized his resume is insane. He worked on multiple Marvel movies, and the Uncharted franchise.

Edit: New Bugsmashers, with more inner thought goodness.
The Elite menu system with TrackIR is so damn intuitive too, just look over to bring up your ship menus.

You know, the inner thought system might be exactly what you're looking for in Star Citizen. Once TrackIR is up and running again, it will probably be the perfect interface for it.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Was just playing some 2.4 and got some cool footage of getting hit front on by an ominsky:
https://fat.gfycat.com/CrazyAnguishedHadrosaurus.webm

slowmo
https://zippy.gfycat.com/HospitableWellgroomedFish.webm

Some great attention to detail there with the particle effects and whatnot. Also notice how it stops exactly where the shield is and the UI element lights up in the proper location upon getting hit :)

Hmm, is there a way to do an in-engine slow-mo in a local session via memory editing, etc? Could be a fun way to get some cool video.

Hmm, is there a way to do an in-engine slow-mo in a local session via memory editing, etc? Could be a fun way to get some cool video.

I guess finding the t_scale command in the memory in a local session could do that. But I would not know where to start necessarily.

Raticus79

I guess finding the t_scale command in the memory in a local session could do that. But I would not know where to start necessarily.

I'll see what I can find out.

---

Looks like there's going to be a Gamescom party event + livestream after all! I'll just quote the email here since it's all over reddit already.

no-reply@cloudimperiumgames.com said:
RSVP for Gamescom 2016 Star Citizen Party!

The Fourth Annual Star Citizen Gamescom Party is on!

Join us on Friday, August 19th as we celebrate Star Citizen at Gamescom with you, our amazing community. Hosted by Chris Roberts, watch as we showcase what we’ve been working on since last year’s event, and take a look ahead at the Procedural Planets system slated to come online in Star Citizen Alpha 2.7. Of course, that’s not all you can expect from our Gamescom Presentation, but you’ll have to either be there on the night or tune in on August 19th to find out more!

Tickets for the Gamescom 2016 Star Citizen event party will be available for purchase starting this Friday and we will release them in batches to different groups as outlined below.

Where:
This year’s event will take place from 8pm to Midnight on August 19th, 2016 at the Gloria Theater, Apostelnstrasse 11, 50667 Köln. Space is limited, so be sure you get your tickets fast!

Ticket Details:
Tickets will be available for sale in the online store at this link:
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Event-Tickets/Gamescom-2016

They will be available to these groups on the schedule below until the event is sold out. We will restock additional tickets when we unlock each group.

- Concierge: Friday at 12pm PST
- Subscribers: Saturday at 12pm PST
- Everyone: Sunday at 12pm PST

When:
Doors open at 8pm local time for all attendees.
The presentation will begin at 9pm local time and be livestreamed via the Star Citizen Twitch channel: twitch.tv/starcitizen

Parking:
There are many car parks close by and within walking distance from Gloria. Top 3 below:

Parkhaus Wolfsstraße:
- Open: Mo-Sun 4 hours
- Address: Wolfsstraße 6, 50667 Köln
Gertruden-Parkhaus:
- Open: Mo-Sun until 1am
- Address Breite Straße 169-177, 50667 Köln
Parkhaus Bazaar de Cologne:
- Open: Mo-Sun until 1am
- Address: Große Brinkgasse 5, 50672 Köln

Additional parking available on the street. Parking ticket necessary until 11pm.

What to Bring:
PLEASE remember to bring your printed ticket or a digital copy stored on your phone in addition to your photo ID. If you have a Citizen Card or any Star Citizen clothing, bring it!

There is a bar at the venue for drinks, and a small cafe for snacks, but attendees are encouraged to eat meals prior to the show.

Each year, fans have kindly offered gifts for the team. Unfortunately, since many of us are flying back to the United States the next day we are unable to accept anything at the event. We truly appreciate the thought, though!

tuxfool

Banned
I'll see what I can find out.

---

Looks like there's going to be a Gamescom party event + livestream after all! I'll just quote the email here since it's all over reddit already.

I doubt it will be anything major. It might just be livestream of a party.

Geist-

It will probably be a 2.6 preview. Which is enough reason for me to be excited.

Also whatever they showed the guys in that Magazine.

Raticus79

I doubt it will be anything major. It might just be livestream of a party.

Looking forward to hearing the crowd during the procedural planets demo - should be pretty good going by those screenshots we saw earlier.

"Hosted by Chris Roberts, watch as we showcase what we’ve been working on since last year’s event, and take a look ahead at the Procedural Planets system slated to come online in Star Citizen Alpha 2.7. Of course, that’s not all you can expect from our Gamescom Presentation, but you’ll have to either be there on the night or tune in on August 19th to find out more!"

tuxfool

Banned
Looking forward to hearing the crowd during the procedural planets demo - should be pretty good going by those screenshots we saw earlier.

"Hosted by Chris Roberts, watch as we showcase what we’ve been working on since last year’s event, and take a look ahead at the Procedural Planets system slated to come online in Star Citizen Alpha 2.7. Of course, that’s not all you can expect from our Gamescom Presentation, but you’ll have to either be there on the night or tune in on August 19th to find out more!"

Sorry I'm blind.

Geist-

AtV 3.1

Transcript

Some gifs:
Atmosphere Off
Wd3FJso.gif

Atmosphere On
ABEPOTr.gif

New Male Base Body
HqJnL9T.gif

CJ1rVNJ.gif

Funny hting about the most recent stuff they just showed on AtV is I was playing the game the otherday and thought "man these hand textures and polycount are not high enough"... and bam! New male sculpt and textures :p

KOCMOHABT

One thing I can't help but notice is how much work is wasted on reworking stuff.

The new base model is basically the 3rd iteration now, right? The animations for the ships are too, right?

Raticus79

One thing I can't help but notice is how much work is wasted on reworking stuff.

The new base model is basically the 3rd iteration now, right? The animations for the ships are too, right?

Yeah, from this perspective it's definitely a good thing that they're sticking with one system (Crusader) for now.

Zalusithix

Ha, the roughened gold treatment looks a bit familiar.

Haha, now it just looks like a rework of that logo's themes. Stars, imperfect gold, and a bright white center. Even more of a match if the blue-hued granite variant is used as the lighting casts a blue hue to the surrounding space.

Speaking of the org emblem, I should really get around to working on it again... So many things to do, so little time.

Geist-

Tbf, it's not like they're starting from scratch. They're just doing another pass to make it look better/work better. It's just how iterative design works.

You know, I just realized something. Unless Elite surprises us with it in their next expansion, Star Citizen may actually beat them at procedural planets with working atmospheric flight.

Zalusithix

I am all for reworking.

Until they finally make my 300 series ship look snazzy on the inside. Then they can stop =D

But then the other ships will get another pass, and the 300 series will look old again in comparison! ;)

Seriously though, as crazy as the ship iterations have been in this game, it's hard to argue with the fidelity of the results. The updated ships look miles better than their original versions. And those old ones didn't even look bad! Meanwhile the new ones look pretty much perfect right out of the gate. If nothing else, they've got the ship making down to a science at this point. Visually at least. Actual functionality is a whole different ballgame.

Zabojnik

From what my programmer buddy tells me, reworking and iterating is basically what game development is all about. You usually just don't get to see how the meat is processed.

I still can't believe we're getting procedural planets and atmospheric flight so soon. Attacking / bombing ground targets might be an actual thing in SC in the near future, which is something I honestly didn't believe we'd ever get. Well, maybe in 5 years or something. Based Frankfurt.

2.5 is open to Evocati based on some issue council reports. Maybe PTU next week?

Must be!

I am quite jealous! :D

Comparison of the arm asset and hand:

New Male model arm:

The old model and texture was not exactly terrible, but they definitely added / retopologised the fingers to give them much more roundedness. That and the texture / normal is properly set up this time and they increased the resolution. Look how creepy the previous thumb nail looks (skin normal tiling over the nail... ewwwww) and the seam on the side of the index finger. lol

How much character customization will there be in the final game? I suspect it won't be as crazy as Eve or Black Desert, but have they said anything? Can you be fat, tall, thin, old, sculture individual parts, tatoos, scars?

How much character customization will there be in the final game? I suspect it won't be as crazy as Eve or Black Desert, but have they said anything? Can you be fat, tall, thin, old, sculture individual parts, tatoos, scars?

They just described how it will work for the initial releases the other day.

They currently have about 100 scanned heads which you will choose from in the mid term, then you will be able to add beard and hair styles on top of clothing / armour choices (male and female as well).

These heads will then be put into a blend morph system where you can separately choose mouths, eyes, and noses from these 100 scanned heads and mix and match them while it properly morphs to the other facial features. This will be more like MGS V I believe.

Height and weight will not be done for balance reasons most likely (this game has matched first to 3rd person stuff, so wysiwyg shooting and visibility would make smaller thinner characters better). Everyone will have the build of a mid 20s healthy person for the mean time.

DrBo42

Must be!

I am quite jealous! :D

Comparison of the arm asset and hand:

New Male model arm:

The old model and texture was not exactly terrible, but they definitely added / retopologised the fingers to give them much more roundedness. That and the texture / normal is properly set up this time and they increased the resolution. Look how creepy the previous thumb nail looks (skin normal tiling over the nail... ewwwww) and the seam on the side of the index finger. lol

Well yeah, you can see the seam on the inner/outer edge between each finger. Standard UV practice follows the idea of the stitching of a glove when it comes to hand UV seam placement. Wonder what their solution was.

Galava

From https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/4v6y6j/ask_and_ye_shall_receive/

Alpha Patch 2.5.0 has been released to the PTU, and is now available for players to test!

This patch provides access to our GrimHEX outlaw base, new clothing options, new automated landing technology and three new flyable ships – the Reliant KORE, Argo MPUV (Cargo Variant), and Argo MPUV (Passenger Variant). This is all in addition to bug fixes for the rest of our game and content. During this initial testing phase, PTU access will be restricted to a small group of players that we will expand on over time as required.
Your launcher should show “2.5.0-380707” as the client version. It is strongly recommended that players delete their USER folder for the PTU client after patching, particularly if you start encountering any odd character graphical issues or crash on loading. The USER folder can be found (in default installations) at C:\Program Files\Cloud Imperium Games\StarCitizen\Test.

Please review our current list of Patch 2.5.0 Known Issues (coming soon!), and take full advantage of our Issue Council area of the Community site to report any bugs you encounter, as well as contribute to other players submissions.

Important Issues:

Do Not Spawn A Constellation and Retaliator. We are aware that GrimHEX has a few residual issues with gravity pockets, missing textures and a broken elevator. We are also aware of an issue with server-client desync taking place on both Crusader and Arena Commander.

Welcome Evocati!

Contents:

New Features

Star Systems:

Crusader
  • Crusader Industries would like to alert all pilots to avoid the Yela asteroid field. Pirates have become increasingly aggressive, and may attempt to lure pilots off course with fake requests for assistance. Crusader Industries believes they are based out of the decommissioned Green Imperial mining asteroid station, however attempts to locate the station have been difficult of late. Please report any suspicious activity, and consider any unidentified craft leaving the asteroid field extremely dangerous. GrimHEX asteroid station would like to cordially invite the Crusader Industries to QT into the nearest star. We’re open for business to everyone this goram economy left in the dust from here to Terra. You’re very welcome to visit and enjoy our fine goods, services and lodgings without the prying eyes of Big Crusader peeking under every door. Our bar, bounty office and race track are temporarily closed while we make some repairs from the last group of over-eager “heroes” that came through. GrimHEX can be located by navigating through the Yela asteroid field.

Port Olisar
  • The LiveWire Weapons franchise in Port Olisar is currently suffering a shortage of energy weapons due to several recent attacks on cargo transports. While they apologize for the inconvenience, only ballistic weapons can be purchased at this location for the time being. Outlaw armor sets are available on GrimHEX exclusively, and can no longer be purchased at Garrity Defense.

Game Systems:

Shopping
  • Skutters is a small weapon and armor shop on GrimHEX, that just so happens to be specializing in energy weapons for the discerning shopper… who does not ask where they were obtained from. KC Trending is a new location on GrimHEX station that offers a whole new selection of clothing for the discreet independent pilot. From shoes to hats, they’ve got the latest in underground fashion.

New Landing System
  • The first phase of our new landing system has been implemented into the game. This is the first part of a much larger series of changes we will be working on over the next few releases to provide a simpler, more intuitive landing experience. The landing pad targeting has been temporarily removed while other moving parts are being developed and integrated. Instead of selecting a pad and requesting permission, players in automatic landing will proceed to the nearest available landing pad. When they are within 20m, and speed is under 35m/s, the landing gear will automatically extend while the thrusters dampen your speed. When a ship approaches within 5m of a landing pad, in either automatic or manual landing mode, the local Landing Control System will take control of the ship and ease it into a smooth landing. Landing gears can now also be manually deployed by tapping the “N” key on the keyboard. Holding “N” will now activate automatic landing should you be within range of an acceptable landing pad and have the proper gears deployed. Please note, this system will change over time as further improvements and features are brought online.

Item System 2.0
  • We have begun converting player and ship items to our new item system. As with the prior, similar updates to ship components, this is largely at the back-end level. Implementing new component class systems, naming conventions and other needed functionality, as well as retrofitting all existing armors and weapons to be compatible. These changes will allow us to implement greater modularity to first-person items. Additionally, this will allow items to interact with one another in a more direct and less “handwavium” simulation, setting the foundation for greater player interaction and future game play mechanics. This should not affect the function of any in-game items, and changes to player item stats should be minimal.

Player Health System 2.0
  • We have implemented the first phase of our new player health system! This includes the implementation of better individual limb damage and health, more granular damage states, and many back end improvements to support a better FPS combat experience and future features like permanent health. Player health dolls should now show Normal (Green) health when between 100%-60%, a Hurt (Yellow) state from 59%-40% health, a Damaged (Red) state from 39%-10%, and the Ruined (Dark Red) state at 9%-0%. With this, we have also implemented some early versions of injury penalties. This includes a speed reduction for wounded legs, as well as a limping animation. Overall health damage (particularly head wounds) can also cause blurred vision around the edge of the screen, which will increase in intensity as more damage is taken.

Wanted Level System Update
  • Players with outlaw wanted level who enter Crusader will spawn in GrimHEX. This also applies to outlaw players who die and respawn in Crusader.
  • Players with outlaw wanted levels will no longer have Port Olisar as a QT option, and instead will see GrimHEX.
Ships:
  • The Reliant KORE, Argo MPUV (Cargo Variant), and Argo MPUV (Passenger Variant) are all now flight ready!
  • Reliant KORE is available in both Arena Commander and Crusader.
  • The Argo MPUV is only available in Crusader at this time, as it does not have weapons to defend itself in the Arena Commander simulation.
  • A new size 5 laser cannon, the M7A, has been introduced!

Updates and Fixes

Star Systems:

Crusader

• Fixed an issue where shadows around Port Olisar would flicker at certain angles and perspectives.
  • Updated and simplified the Quantum Travel marker names for better readability.
  • Made some minor visual effects updates to the interior of Port Olisar.
  • Made some balance changes to the pirate ships in Crusader so they use updated components.
  • Area 18, ArcCorp
  • Finished a massive lighting and visual effects update to Area 18, ArcCorp.
  • Fixed an issue where a large green arrow could be seen in reflection of the Jobwell glass.
  • Fixed an issue where the user camera could clip through the wall of the incinerator on Area 18.
  • VFG Industrial Hangar
  • Adjusted the lighting in the VFG hangar to be less dark.
  • Game Systems:
  • Arena Commander
  • Fixed an issue where the decals would disappear off of the landing pads in Free Flight game mode.
  • EVA Fixed a bug that allowed player characters to slide uncontrollably across landing pads when transitioning out of EVA at speed.
  • Fixed an issue where EVA animations would stutter when approaching a landing pad.

Shopping

• Fixed an issue where inspecting weapons would cause the users outfit to switch into the standard flight suit regardless of what they were currently wearing.
  • Fixed an issue where the weapon shops were not correctly recognizing the maximum number of equipped weapons, resulting in a number of problems, including causing some size 3 FPS weapons to disappear.

Social Module

• Name-tags for players in Augmented Reality now appear at 25 meters.
  • Fixed an issue where using the MobiGlas hotkey while in a turret would cause a chain reaction of problems.

Ships:

Ship Weapons

• Fixed an issue where the CF-007 Bulldog Repeater, CF-117 Badger Repeater, and CF-227 Panther Repeater didn’t slow their rate of fire when running low on energy.
  • The M3A, M4A, and MVSA laser cannons have had their time-to-overheat lowered, so that heat now has a more meaningful gameplay impact on the weapon now.
  • Fixed issues where the missile smoke trail effects could not be seen unless the missile is very close to the viewer.

Individual Ships

Aurora

• Fixed an issue where the engine thruster exhaust effects was displaying circular blurs instead of proper visuals.

Avenger

• Made a number of exit and enter animation improvements for the Avenger Warlock.

Constellation Andromeda

• The missile racks for the Constellation Andromeda can no longer be edited by Port Mod.
  • The side missile racks on the Constellation Andromeda should now target and fire properly.

Cutlass Black

• Made a number of exit and entrance animation improvements for the Cutlass Black.
  • The missile racks for the Cutlass Black can no longer be edited by Port Mod.

Freelancer
  • Added strafing control animations for the Freelancer pilot.
  • Updated the audio for the Freelancer cockpit doors so it is properly synced.
  • Added boosting visual effects to the Freelancer’s thrusters.
  • Toned down the brightness of the Freelancer maneuvering thruster.

Gladiator

• The missile and torpedo racks on the Gladiator can no longer be edited Port Mod.

Gladius

• Fixed an issue where the shell casings on the Scorpion gun would fly in front of the pilot before disappearing.

Hornet

• Made some improvements to the Hornet series audio, for all variants except the F7C-M.
  • Fixed an issue with the F7C-M Hornet, where the ship would not transition into damage states correctly on being damaged.
  • Fixed some of the control issues with the F7C-M Hornet turret.

M50
  • The missile racks for the M50 can no longer be edited by Port Mod.

Mustang

• Fixed an issue with the Mustang Beta, Gamma, Delta, and Omega wherein the ships had no explosion audio or visual when destroyed.
  • Fixed an issue where the Mustang series could not be repaired if wings were damaged.
  • Fixed an issue where users could not exit the Mustang Gamma if it was partially damaged and landed.
  • Fixed an issue where there were no lights present in the back of the Mustang Beta.
  • Fixed an issue where the exterior lights on the Mustang Alpha did not function.
  • Fixed an issue where the locker onboard the Mustang Beta could not be interacted with.
  • Fixed an issue where the armor plates on the Mustang Delta wings would continue to float alongside after the wings were destroyed.

Reliant KORE

• Fixed an issue where excessive fog was leaking out of the Reliant in the Hangar.

Sabre

• Fixed an issue with the AEGIS Sabre where the throttle floats in mid-air during entry animations.
  • Made some alterations to the Sabre handling to make it more nimble, and have less jerkiness when rolling.

Starfarer

• Added strafing control animations for the Starfarer pilot.

Vanguard Warden

• The missile racks on the Vanguard Warden can no longer be edited by Port Mod.

First Person:

• First-person camera views have received significant attention to provide a much more stable and smooth viewing experience for players.
  • There is now a UI sound triggered when an enemy is shot by the player.
  • Updated the “Examine Pistol” animation for shopping.
  • Made a number of improvements to character prone animations.
  • Fixed an issue where the death animation would play twice when a character was shot.
  • Fixed an issue where the burp emote contained no audio.
  • Fixed an issue where the user would desync after aiming down the sights of the Arrowhead Sniper Rifle.
  • Assault rifles will now properly re-center after the user sprints.

User Interface:

• Fixed an issue where the aiming reticle on a Gamepad or a HOTAS would become very erratic when targeting enemies.
  • Fixed an issue where the Port Modification Hangar modes would still show the name of a ship after it had been removed.
  • Fixed an issue where users in free cursor mode would still fire their Weapon Group 1 when clicking.
  • Fixed an issue with Hostility UI, where the orange wanted icon for Wanted Level 1 would not appear.
  • Fixed an issue where the 3rd person Free Cam could not zoom in or out.
  • Ship target HUD now dynamically changes colors based on the allegiance of the target.

Keybindings

• Fixed an issue where changes to the Graphics Quality in the options menu did not actually change the quality of graphics.
  • Added a keybind mapping for X52 Pro HOTAS.

Technical:

• Fixed a number of client crashes.
  • Fixed a number of server crashes.
  • Fixed a client disconnection (Code 1) that would sometimes occur when loading into Arena Commander.
  • Added a new error (10002) for players who are disconnected due to duplicate login. This can be due to the account already being logged in on another computer or client. This can also happen after a crash or force-close of the game, when the prior connection has not timed out yet.

Optimizations
  • Fixed an issue with Area 18, ArcCorp, where there were severe FPS drops when looking at the center of the level.
  • Fixed an issue where switching between 1st and 3rd camera view would briefly drop the client frames per second down to 5.

Zalusithix

Nice studio... Ehhr i... i guess we know where the money went

We've seen parts of the new studio before, so this isn't the first time we're aware of it. That said, I'm of mixed opinion of it. It's cool and all, and I certainly don't think they should be working in a cheap crappy IKEA-esque environment. But there's a pretty big difference between nice and opulent. If the game takes off and is successful in the long run, then doing it fancy now will have saved them money compared to renovating and adding the flourishes later.

If they become strapped for money, and/or don't meet sales projections, then going all-in like that now will have hurt them instead. It's a gamble. I suppose, much like the game, they're shooting for the stars and assuming they'll be successful.

Geist-

Well, nothing flashy, but it's a start. Item 2.0, Player Health 2.0, backend improvements, it's pretty obvious this update is in preparation for Star Marine in 2.6, as well as the start of a few things we'll see in 2.7.

Considering they want to show 2.6 at Gamescom, there could be some really quick turnaround on 2.5 and 2.6. Maybe not public PTU, but I could see it being ready for Evocati 3 weeks from now.

XPE

Yes it was never going to be the most exciting patch in the world but the quicker it get up and running the quicker we get to 2.6 an 2.7 :)

They just described how it will work for the initial releases the other day.

They currently have about 100 scanned heads which you will choose from in the mid term, then you will be able to add beard and hair styles on top of clothing / armour choices (male and female as well).

These heads will then be put into a blend morph system where you can separately choose mouths, eyes, and noses from these 100 scanned heads and mix and match them while it properly morphs to the other facial features. This will be more like MGS V I believe.

Height and weight will not be done for balance reasons most likely (this game has matched first to 3rd person stuff, so wysiwyg shooting and visibility would make smaller thinner characters better). Everyone will have the build of a mid 20s healthy person for the mean time.

I want this yesterday.

Question.

I'm getting some weird image glitches on my ship when I'm in the PU. It's like the exterior lighting is glitching in an out.

I haven't seen this happening on any of the livesteams I've seen.

Could it be due to the 3.5mb video ram on my 970? Could it be due to my 8GB system ram?

I'm wondering if it's just a lack of system resources causing the textures to freak out.

How do I get into this Alpha? Ahhh, gotta buy it.

Is it worth it, or should I go for Elite Dangerous?

imo...elite. It's a released product.

I'm all in with Star Citizen understanding that I've invested in the development of the title, and I like the direction the development team is headed.

I've invested $200 in two virtual ships...and outside of the lack of customization for my avatar (which is pissing me the bleep off) I'm totally happy with my investment.

Currently I can fly ish, and I can shoot ish. I'm content.

Elite looks like it's already a fully playable experience.

Galava

Question.

I'm getting some weird image glitches on my ship when I'm in the PU. It's like the exterior lighting is glitching in an out.

I haven't seen this happening on any of the livesteams I've seen.

Could it be due to the 3.5mb video ram on my 970? Could it be due to my 8GB system ram?

I'm wondering if it's just a lack of system resources causing the textures to freak out.

I would recommend 16GB of RAM. I also have the 970, and the 3.5GB are definitely not enough for Star Citizen, I also have some light glitches, textures not loading properly or ships getting LOD'd at 20m instead of 100m. Glad the new GPUs have at least 6GB. Will need to upgrade for this game when it launches.

I would recommend 16GB of RAM. I also have the 970, and the 3.5GB are definitely not enough for Star Citizen, I also have some light glitches, textures not loading properly or ships getting LOD'd at 20m instead of 100m. Glad the new GPUs have at least 6GB. Will need to upgrade for this game when it launches.

I've been looking at the 1060 (plus the 16GB RAM)

I'm happy with the 970 in every other game except Star Citizen, and I'm thinking it's due to the VRAM.

Game runs...but graphic glitches bug the heck out of me.

Top Bottom