• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Citizen Pre-Alpha: Hangar Module

MrBig

Does anyone know a way to manually set the resolution? The game doesn't have my native resolution as an option and I can't find anything in the config files. I suspect that this information is in one of those encrypted XML files but I don't know how to get at it.

It defaults to your native resolution, so you can delete the config files to and have them regenerate.

"...\StarCitizen\CitizenClient", delete or rename the "USER" folder, when you relaunch it will be at your native res.

While this does not solve the issue it works for now. I posted a bug topic about it.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Also, tipp: don't change the install folder. I got errors and crashes after installing it into C/Program Files. Changed it back to documents, it was fine. Even when i tried to run it in admin mode in PF I couldn't get it to work.

Mupod

yeah shit's broke

WHY AM I SO GIDDY JUST TO GO LOOK AT MY STUPID SPACESHIP?
iMhomlRMPdnoC.jpg

CTLance

My replacement GPU did not make it in time. So now I'm just sitting here, basking in the glorious music, pressing "launch" and looking at my screen turn black since my poor 4850 does not speak DirectX 11.

Will double my pledge. Triple it. Best monitor-blanking screensaver EVER.

It really ought to remember your username though.

Smiley90

The fun part is that even on low graphics settings, it looks amazing. Totally can't run it very high, though.

The worst part is the lack of a buggy :(

epmode

It defaults to your native resolution, so you can delete the config files to and have them regenerate.

"...\StarCitizen\CitizenClient", delete or rename the "USER" folder, when you relaunch it will be at your native res.

While this does not solve the issue it works for now. I posted a bug topic about it.

You are a lovely person.

Also, tipp: don't change the install folder. I got errors and crashes after installing it into C/Program Files. Changed it back to documents, it was fine. Even when i tried to run it in admin mode in PF I couldn't get it to work.

It works fine for me in a custom folder but you might want to avoid Program Files for games. Windows protects stuff in that folder differently than any other location in your system.

MrBig

The fun part is that even on low graphics settings, it looks amazing. Totally can't run it very high, though.

Nah that just means that there's really just no optimization done at all yet (as expected). I don't think I noticed anything change when I went from Very High to Low.

Grief.exe

They probably have only been working on the high-res assets. Probably haven't done much with optimization and creating alternate options in the video menu.

Holy shit, what is the budget and team behind this game??? The promised stuff sounds like so much.

$22 million is the estimated budget.

Can't get into the hangar, getting a connection timeout.

Oh well, I waited this long, what's another hour or so to see my Connie, right?

*smashes table in half*

Izayoi

Banned
I still want to buy another ship. Right now I've just got a Constellation, but I'm not sure what would compliment it best. Been thinking about the Drake Interplanetary Interceptor, but I'm still not entirely convinced it'd be the right choice.

Restart the launcher.

Just did that, now I don't even get the option to Repair, it's just stuck.

smiley90 said:
Repair? So you have the launcher downloaded? Did you by any chance change the download location? that made it fail for me.

I did change the location - bummer if so, I don't have the space for this on my primary drive.

This time it's an HTTP request failure. I'm not worried, this thing is in pre-pre Alpha.

Smiley90

Just did that, now I don't even get the option to Repair, it's just stuck.

I did change the location - bummer if so, I don't have the space for this on my primary drive.

This time it's an HTTP request failure. I'm not worried, this thing is in pre-pre Alpha.

Take it somewhere out of where you need admin rights? I had it in program files first and that failed miserably. It's not optimized at all yet, so you're better off with the default location....

garath

Weird. I got in first try about an hour ago. 300i is pretty sweet. My discount hanger is pretty small and dilapidated though :(

I didn't fraps it but I'm guessing 35-40fps with my i5 2500k and 660ti. Not too shabby for an unoptimized build.

Smiley90

If they ever make all the ships availabe for short-term testing, even those you don't own, somebody will need to hide my wallet. It's hard enough to resist videos of the constellation, but if i got my actual hands on it? Game Over.

Grief.exe

If they ever make all the ships availabe for short-term testing, even those you don't own, somebody will need to hide my wallet. It's hard enough to resist videos of the constellation, but if i got my actual hands on it? Game Over.

I have a feeling the dog fight module will open up the ships eventually.

Taking these huge, expensive ships for test drives will only warm up those credit cards.

Smiley90

I have a feeling the dog fight module will open up the ships eventually.

Taking these huge, expensive ships for test drives will only warm up those credit cards.

That's exactly my fear. I am scared. Not as scared as my wallet, but I'm scared.

Managed to get in! Walked around for a while and was like "Yup, that's a space ship"

I'm really tempted to upgrade my initial pledge of $30 which got me the 300i...

Walked around my discount hangar and my Aurora. It was amazing.

Now I'm probably gonna buy that damn 315p, motherfucker -_-

Edit: Also, my 670 was all like HRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHH straining harder than ever. There there /pat it's ok.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Game runs like crap on Medium for me. I don't have a mind blowing computer, but this is the first title I've had drop my framerate so low even at medium./

Grief.exe

Game runs like crap on Medium for me. I don't have a mind blowing computer, but this is the first title I've had drop my framerate so low even at medium./

Too early in development for medium to mean anything. There really isn't any difference between high and low settings currently. Optimization is usually the last thing to go into game design.

This is essentially a pre-pre-alpha. Going to the Star Citizen forums right now would, assuredly, give any educated person an aneurysm right now.

Top Bottom