• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Fox Zero and the Wii U: A Tale of Two Sh**ties

Banned
I legitimately had zero issues with the game's controls... like, none...

the game itself is also better than the majority of Star Fox games.

Last edited:

Enjay

Banned
I liked the game but you could feel that nobody's heart was truly in it. It felt like it was assembled by robots.
Tencent-Platinum_01-06-20.jpg

Would anybody else be game for a full-on Star Fox space sim like Tie Fighter dumbed down to function on a controller? Cockpit view only with full freedom of movement both in space and on planet. 4 player co-op enabled, but still a proper single player game.

jigglet

Banned
I remember Starfox was the result of that interview Iwata gave like 2 years after the Wii U came out where he basically said "you know the controller has a screen on it so we should probably take advantage of that" lmfao I remember thinking how ridiculous it was to say that so long after the console had come out. It's like one day he looked down at his lap and said holy shit, there's a screen on this thing?!

No shit sherlock you better show us a non-glorified demo game that uses it properly.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Played this the other day, the first 3 levels. I actually was having a blast with it. The controls clicked just right.

That being said, the next time I play it I might feel completely different. It's a weird game like that.

One thing I did notice/realize is that the brake feature is much more effective and lasts longer. I feel like Star Fox Zero is designed in a way for it to be intentionally slower at times. Hard to explain but I was utilizing the brake feature in certain areas and everything was really coming together and I had a lot of fun with it.

Tazzu

The game that made me realise that game critics and Nintendo fans can sometimes actually criticise Nintendo.

Up to Zero StarFox has been one of my most loved Nintendo series. I've never been able to get into Zero due to the gamepad implementation.

This was my experience with Zero.

Top Bottom