• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Fox Zero - Video from review copy + plus Falco amiibo unlock revealed

TheMoon

Sorry for posting things not related to PopGAF, but the Y button functionality seems to be what this game really needed. Anyone can play the game in the "old" way if they want, but to get big scores the player needs to master the gyro controls. Seems fair to me.

How dare you :D

Yea it's great if there's a workaround for motion haters so we can stop that silly argument that happens every time.

Peltz

Sorry for posting things not related to PopGAF, but the Y button functionality seems to be what this game really needed. Anyone can play the game in the "old" way if they want, but to get big scores the player needs to master the gyro controls. Seems fair to me.
Sorry, but I missed this. What does the Y button do?

Y button is just the recalibration button, motion controls on shoulder press is what really matters.

Now I'm a bit confused... Doesn't Y toggle between full gyro and fixed rectile aiming?

Y is a simple gyro reset button, like in Splatoon. What you've described is turned on and off in a pause menu. I think there's even a video of a tutorial floating somewhere and saying "motion controls can be adjusted in a pause menu."

PSqueak

Banned
pNxt4oa.gif

Replace Fetch with Slay Fox.

NateDrake

Noticed something in the game today and need the opinion of someone else who is currently playing the game. PM me if you have the game and are willing to discuss a minor thing.

Blues1990

Okay, I'm now sold. If this is going to be my only gaming purchase this year, then I have to make it count!

Now you know how I feel about most of your OT titles...

Star Fox Zero OT - "You're becoming more like your father."
Star Fox Zero OT - "Just what I needed to see. Slay Fox."
Star Fox Zero OT - "Just like old times, huh, Fox?"
Star Fox Zero OT - "Ah, you're gettin' better with usin' Motion Controls, Fox."
Star Fox Zero OT - "Team Star Fox, ready for duty!"

sfried

Star Fox Zero [OT] GOOD LUCK *Mission Starts*
Star Fox Zero [OT] "Can't let you steer that, Star Fox!"
Star Fox Zero [OT] Teleportation, son.
Star Fox Zero [OT] Do a barrel roll with your GamePad

jariw

This would be terrible. Usually when you silience the gamepad most sounds get sent through tv.

Why is it terrible? It's the same way as the voice calls in Pikmin 3 and the voice calls in Lego City: Undercover. Worked pretty well in those games. You get the text on screen in case you miss it.

GWX

Star Fox Zero [OT] GOOD LUCK *Mission Starts*
Star Fox Zero [OT] "Can't let you steer that, Star Fox!"
Star Fox Zero [OT] Teleportation, son.
Star Fox Zero [OT] Do a barrel roll with your GamePad

Star Fox Zero |OT| Fox, there's a GamePad on your tail!

PSqueak

Banned

Star Fox Zero OT - "Try everything [except turning off motion controls]"

Galang

Banned
Honestly there's no OT title that can be better than Slay Fox. This will be the last star fox title for at least a decade so might as well go out with a bang. I petition to change it to slay fox in some form

L Thammy

I'm just glad that people are slowly realizing how much better Star Fox SNES is than 64. Armada was the best level and I will not hear otherwise.

Peltz

So people who are playing under embargo, are you having fun? I'm not looking for an excuse to buy it (I have it preordered) I'm just looking for an excuse to get more hyped.

I really don't want to know any more details other than whether it has that classic Miyamoto charm ( a yes or no question).

So people who are playing under embargo, are you having fun? I'm not looking for an excuse to buy it (I have it preordered) I'm just looking for an excuse to get more hyped.

I really don't want to know any more details other than whether it has that classic Miyamoto charm ( a yes or no question).

You can expect previews next week.

Top Bottom