• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Ocean 4 Trailer with gameplay on XBLM

Darkman M

kay said:
It won't turn out like that, remember what Infinite Undiscovery looked like when it was first shown?
tgs-2006-infinite-undiscovery-first-look-20060920005437918_640w.jpg

Prepare for a downgrade, but you never know.

2827385586_cb40c59b75_o.gif

Cry moar :lol

kay said:
I already have? I never said it is going to be the same case here, the defense force doesn't have to assemble..

you didn't really have to throw out a prepare for downgrade comment either, but you did anyway.

and as duckroll pointed out, you made a shit comparison.

duckroll said:
Oh, they're All Manual with one player switching? Damn! :lol

Even though I haven't played the game, I'm STILL angry with the fact you can only control the main character in IU.

Such unforgivable stupidity.

Though they're well on the way to redeeming themselves here.

JoeFenix

This is my most anticipated game of next year, possibly tied with RE5 and Bayonetta.

I really hope tri-Ace doesn't let me down like they did with IU, this game needs to be super polished with lots of content. No cutting corners bullshit like every rpg seems to do this gen. The only really polished rpg we got was Vesperia so far and I'm hoping SO4 is the next one before FF13 hits (if it ever ends up coming out..)

How do you guys feel about it? It looks amazing so far and that Motoi track has got me hyped but I have this feeling that it's gonna be lacking content and just feel rushed. How long have they been working on it? Also does anyone know how the tri-Ace teams are broken down right now? The credits for IU revealed a surprisingly small number of actual tri-Ace guys and ALOT of outsourcing. Hopyfuly they will treat SO4 better and put their full staff behind it.

icecream

Public Health Threat
Because Infinite Undiscovery was an MS game, they probably lent out their resources to tri-Ace. It would not be surprising to see the rest of tri-Ace focused on this game, especially given its close proximity to IU.

I just hope we get more info for it soon. A demo at TGS but we still don't know much at all.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
A Star Ocean game lacking in content? I dunno, considering SO2/SO3 were huge games I don't see this one being any different.

I don't know which team specifically is working in this, but looking at IU credits... I believe it's the VP2/SO3 team, probably.

Norimoto having a small role in IU leads me to believe he is doing game design for SO4 like he does with every big tri-Ace game. Also Kitao didn't have ANYTHING to do IU, he is the battle programmer for the big tri-Ace titles. I honestly don't know what the fuck happened with IU, the staff is composed by noobs and people that previously worked on Radiata. Aside from Ogawa (IU's director), Gotanda and Norimoto... the rest of IU staff are a bunch of unknowns.

Top Bottom