• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Trek: Discovery |OT| To Boldly Stream Where No One Has Streamed Before

Lizzy

Unconfirmed Member
That was a decent first episode. My main complaint is that the episode needed to slow down. It was moving a pretty steady clip but I felt like at no point the show was allowed to breathe. Maybe it's because I'm used to Trek series premiering with a two-hour episode, but, yeah, hope the other episodes slow down.

Definitely wanted to move on to watching the next episode. Which I will watch tomorrow. Also, I was intrigued by the "thousands of years old" comment when describing some of the bodies on that ship.

Quick question:
So...uh...why didn't Burnham take a shuttle?

I know there was supposed to be "conflict" but that seemed pretty contrived...

The only part I'm not sure of is why she didn't specify that she got the info from Sarek.

To be fair, while it never went to practically mutiny, I remember previous debates about not shooting first even against an enemy where you had to.

border

WTF? That was the end of the episode? Are they really gonna leave us hanging like that? Didn't even feel like a proper cliffhanger. They just ended nearly in the middle of a scene.

cobell

That was a decent first episode. My main complaint is that the episode needed to slow down. It was moving a pretty steady clip but I felt like at no point the show was allowed to breathe. Maybe it's because I'm used to Trek series premiering with a two-hour episode, but, yeah, hope the other episodes slow down.

Definitely wanted to move on to watching the next episode. Which I will watch tomorrow. Also, I was intrigued by the "thousands of years old" comment when describing some of the bodies on that ship.

Quick question:
So...uh...why didn't Burnham take a shuttle?

They mentioned something about nothing else being maneuverable enough for all the debris there.

Ashby

My parents got hooked based on the first episode and were pissed when I told them the rest of the show was only online lol

mjc

Acting outside of Michael was a bit too stiff, got better as the ep went on. Doug Jones character seems cool.

Top Bottom