• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Trek Into Darkness - Official poster revealed, teaser trailer now online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Busty

Banned
Are you replying to me?

..., your habit of not quoting people you reply to is terribly annoying Solo.

Dead Man

Pffft Hollywood? Hollywood has nothing on the eccentric, downright bonkers nuttiness of the RADA trained Mr Eve.

Trevor Eve takes great delight in telling people how he messed up his back...., after falling off a pony.

Oh Trevor.

I just realised who her father is. Wow. Actually, there was a discussion somewhere on GAF a couple days ago about who could do a good Australia accent. Alice Eve can do one of the better ones I have heard.

Kinyou

2219230-alice_eve_joins_star_trek.jpg

Congratulations, Mr. Kirk.
1351886951559n5q7n.gif

Tom_Cody

So..., not Star Trek at all then. Trek is, essentially, a submarine show. A show about a crew working together. Not a show about Top Gun esque pilots in isolated situations.
Well, yeah. That was kind of the point of my post. I agree on the submarine comment. Balance of Terror is probably my favorite episode of the original series.

zWT7w.gif
E5Tqu.gif

JdGmO.gif
DF7yx.gif

oayrN.gif
WVqpE.gif

man tears

Summer 2013:

May:
- Iron Man 3
- The Great Gatsby
- Star Trek Into Darkness
- The Fast And The Furious 6
- The Hangover Part III

June:
- After Earth
- The End Of The World
- Man Of Steel
- Monsters University
- World War Z
- Kick-Ass 2

July:
- The Lone Ranger
- Grown Ups 2
- Pacific Rim
- The Wolverine

August:
- 300 2
- RED 2
- Elysium

Pretty fucking "meh" summer.

300 2?

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Looks amazing.

I love TNG and TV Trek with all its drama, but I'm so ready for more action packed Trek.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Guessing the blond is supposed to be Nurse Chapel.

Gary Mitchell using guns makes no sense either.

Maybe in this re-imaged world, this Superman is even stronger than before due to Klingon experiments. Also, maybe he was rescued by Starfleet and joins them briefly while he plots to destroy them?

Also, is Gary Mitchell really iconic? The only villain that has ever been iconic in TOS was Khan.

He's not that iconic, but that (I hope) is the point. He's a character that Abrams and crew can do with what they want.

With Khan, there was set up for him. In his first appearance he wasn't bent on revenge. He wanted to rule, but when defeated by Kirk he willingly accepted exile for himself and crew on his own planet, a planet he would have to tame and conquer. It was only after his planet was destroyed and Starfleet did nothing, that he sought revenge on Kirk.

Explosions. Lens flares. Famous actor as villain. These movies write themselves, huh.

I'm not into Star Trek becoming Star Wars, or JJ Abrams, and didn't like the first movie so I'll skip it. However, if the casting of Keith Urban, Anton Yelchin and Simon Pegg is still there I'll rent it down the line.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Explosions. Lens flares. Famous actor as villain. These movies write themselves, huh.

I'm not into Star Trek becoming Star Wars, or JJ Abrams, and didn't like the first movie so I'll skip it. However, if the casting of Keith Urban, Anton Yelchin and Simon Pegg is still there I'll rent it down the line.

I just hope they have Urban do more. My only real issue with the last one was the prominence of McCoy being lowered in favor of Uhura. Star Trek was the Kirk, Spock and McCoy show. Scotty was the fun comic relief. Uhura, Sulu and Checkhov were little more than glorified extras.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom