• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Trek Online,early 2010,beta around the corner...

They just shutdown the forums because of the load, looks like everyone has the borg issue tho, its in the c store you just cant make one >.<

Chris_C

firehawk12 said:
(Steam really needs just a "view key" option for their games).

Right click the game on the list, in the context menu there's an option for "view CD Key".

So really, no official thread?

Chris_C said:
Right click the game on the list, in the context menu there's an option for "view CD Key".

Willy has a banner but we are waiting on someone else to make a thread. Can't wait to get home and play!!

TheExodu5

Banned
BobLoblaw said:
:lol It's always the same with these head starts. When will companies learn...

Like I said, it's not something that's going to change as servers are created to handle average loads, not the peak of launch.

Whatever MMO has a smooth launch has wasted a lot of money on hardware. There's no point in doubling your hardware capabilities just to have a smooth launch.

Chris_C

Gotcha, thanks for the info on the official thread.

Trying to launch the game, but when I enter my username and password in the launcher, I get an "unable to authenticate" error. I'm using the Steam version btw.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Chris_C said:

Yeah, problem is I still need to install the game first to view the key, even if I end up cancelling the download. There should just be a way to view the key for games where it is useful.

Company of Heroes is another one of these games - since the patches include both expansions, if you have the original CoH fully patched, you can just enter the CD keys from the expansions to unlock them.

luffeN

Does anyone still need an open beta key for this? I have one left, but I don't know if the beta is still on. Quote me to get it.

nataku said:
I think Guild Wars handled the death penalty pretty well. A negative percentage to your health and energy pools, capped at 60%. It went up 15% each death IIRC, and the only way to clear it was either going back to a town or outpost, or killing mobs or bosses.

I'd like to see something similar here. A penalty to hull and shields, making you unable to survive as long. Killing mobs would reduce that penalty by a certain amount each kill. Bosses would reduce it more.

Wouldn't work, I'd just keep zerging so my warp core breaches did the damage my weapons were failing to do. Big flying mine, basically. I think the best penalty would be a slower rate of crew respawn and a progressively longer respawn timer. Make it take longer to get back in the action (and give mobs the chance to heal), and weaken the players systems.

Top Bottom