• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront Beta starts October 8

Wil348

Nice, I'm off that Friday and Monday so barring any beta issues it should be a nice long weekend of...

funny_star_wars_19.jpg

Omg

Also, will the single player survival mission still be playable when the beta ends or does that require a connection too?

etta

my hard graphic balls
Nice, leaning on XBO unless it's less than 900p or a blurfest like BO3. Will get it on PC if so.

cool! I'll be sure to try it. I hope the controls don't feel too loose and floaty. I want a return to the weightiness of Bad Company 2.

Somnia

I'm leaving for Disney World from Oct 9th-19th.... guess I can get one night in! IT BETTER WORK ON THE 8TH!

Gamezone

Gold Member
They really like their Hoth map, don`t they? I`m tired of this map without even played the game. Guess it`s better than nothing.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
What if XBO matches PS4 resolution?
Then there will be concessions in other areas. DICE seems to value fidelity and framerate over resolution so I doubt they'll compromise effects.

It may wind up with dynamic res or something but I think it's safe to say there won't be parity in this game.

Majanew

Banned
Can't wait to try it out.

Can Battlefront steal my multiplayer time away from BF4 this gen? BF4 is the one I keep going back to. Stay tuned!

Rizific

Can't wait to be disappointed. No server browser pfft.

i might be able to overlook the fact that there are no server browsers IF the game is incredibly fun. and from the footage ive seen, it doesnt look anywhere near that. will play the beta and pass judgement myself. this was the game that was going to make me jump to a 144hz monitor. if its stale, i guess ill put off that purchase until bf5.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Can't wait to try it out.

Can Battlefront steal my multiplayer time away from BF4 this gen? BF4 is the one I keep going back to. Stay tuned!
DICE is the only company that makes competitve MP games I play for substantial amounts of time. Really looking forward to this. Seems like a perfect pick up and play game with friends.

I'm interested to try it, but the footage I saw earlier didn't look that great! Still I think it is visually impressive, so I want to see how it runs on my system at the very least.

MadSol

Unconfirmed Member
Hope the beta eases a bit of my hesitation at least for preorder, didn't play the PC beta. Also Dell has $25 eGC on now for preorders.

H3xum

Strong confident move. I am sure there are a lot of ppl like me that wouldn't have even considered it without playing the beta first.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Strong confident move. I am sure there are a lot of ppl like me that wouldn't have even considered it without playing the beta first.
As someone who bought BF4 and Premium day 1, I won't be putting money down on this unless the beta works really well.

Nice, great chance to see how the game plays before dedicating 60 towards it.

I have my doubts, but hopefully Dice will surprise me.

Majanew

Banned
DICE is the only company that makes competitve MP games I play for substantial amounts of time. Really looking forward to this. Seems like a perfect pick up and play game with friends.

Yep. Halo 2 & 3 were my go to mp games -- with Battlefield 2: Modern Combat on Xbox and Xbox 360 getting some loving; then my mp gaming mostly went to Bad Company 2 to BF3 to BF4. Battlefront's going to have a hard time because Conquest is my favorite mp mode; and I'm always in server browser looking for best map rotation.

Yoday

Then there will be concessions in other areas. DICE seems to value fidelity and framerate over resolution so I doubt they'll compromise effects.

It may wind up with dynamic res or something but I think it's safe to say there won't be parity in this game.
I am actually hoping for a dynamic resolution. I really like the idea of locking the framerate and scaling the resolution around the action as long as it isn't super jarring. Honestly I would even be fine with 720p as long as they use a better AA method than what the Battlefield games used. 720p on its own isn't that bad, but combine it with a poor FXAA and you get the blur that everyone complains about.

Top Bottom