• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront II |BETA| Execute Pre-Order 66

Here's how you get Beta key via EA Help.

1. Click here: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/?...egory=codes-and-promotions&issue=invalid-code

It should select Battlefront II for PS4 with "Invalid code" issue. Change platform to PC or XB1 if that's what you desire.

MAKE SURE IT SAYS "INVALID CODE". That's the only way they'll give you instant code. Make sure you also pick the right region i.e. North America, Europe, etc.

2. Login with PSN/XBL/Origin

3. Whatever email address you see is the one it'll send the email to. Doesn't matter if you change it. Check your EA account email, first and foremost.

4. Send a generic email about beta key. Here's mine:

5. Send.

6. Check email for instant code.

7. Didn't receive a code in 5 minutes? Send another ticket. Repeat until you get it.
Thanks!

belvedere

Junior Butler
What the actual fuck? Naturally when I'm at work the PSN download speeds are blazing. The beta just downloaded in all of 10 minutes. I've seen 9GB take half a day.

Not complaining, but wow!

B00TE

Was annoyed at first at the longer feeling spawn times (could just be me), but I'm starting to like how the respawn screen kinda squads you up. Found myself sticking with the fellas I was jumping back in with, pending they opted to spawn as a trooper and not in a ship or something anyway.

I'm glad I got a remap board for my DS4 now. I'll assign roll and jump to the underbuttons so I don't have to stop aiming to do either.

Big shout out to the beta code through ea trick! I loved the beta for first one, and recently got back into the game after the influx of free season pass players. Mindless at times, but great fun when it all clicks. Can't wait to try this out after work.

A few questions for my PC peeps:

1) Any way to communicate with the team? (voice, text, etc?)
2) Any squad stuff?
3) Any objectives that people can call out during the game?
4) Is FOV unchangeable?

Voidwolf

Wait, is accuracy class-dependent now or...?

I ask because one thing i really loved about BF was that it didn't have accuracy modifier. Very arena-shooterish in a sense. If that has changed, i don't think i'll bother with BFII.

There may be some more recoil or spread since the last game but it's the same regardless of whether you right click for tighter aim or not so it hasn't really changed much. It's not too different from the last Battlefront in the sense that your gun would be less accurate when firing continuously as opposed to firing in bursts. Especially if you wanted to fight at longer ranges with certain weapons. For instance, you wouldn't go full auto with an E-11 at large distances.

In BFII however, the reticle will expand to convey the spread better, making it seem more prevalent.

They don't share weapons, but hitting stuff at range is hard as assault. Heavy is just brainless due to a shitload of health, the dumb shield and a point blank impact grenade if all else fails.

Having to hit someone multiple times in the head with a sniper gets a chuckle from me..

I haven't played the sniper class yet but headshots were a one hit kill in the Alpha, are you sure you hit them in the head the first time? How many times did it happen?

Alienous

Again, it's no more pay to win than the shortcut kits for Battlefield. Everything can be earned through normal gameplay.

Battlefield has no element of luck in its progression. In SWBF2 lootboxes contain gameplay modifying mods will have to grind lower tier craftes or purchase higher tier ones.

It tends to be the case that everything can be earned through normal gameplay in pay-to-win games, but the mechanics reward making so a unappealing grind.

Lucifon

Are you picking the right region? Pick the right region i.e. North America, Europe, etc when it asks you to in the support page.

Yep. I have an Amazon UK code, GAME UK code and now one from their automated key system from the support page. All produce the same error when trying to redeem them.

"Check the instructions that came with your code. You might need to redeem it on a different web page."

What the actual fuck? Naturally when I'm at work the PSN download speeds are blazing. The beta just downloaded in all of 10 minutes. I've seen 9GB take half a day.

Not complaining, but wow!

PSN download speeds have always been sporadic and unpredictable.

I have very fast fiber optic online at home and sometimes the download speeds are like syrup.

Are the starfighter controls busted? I tried to switch to Southpaw so pitch/yaw is on left stick (like a normal game) and it's got the throttle still where pitch should be. Which is making the starfighter stuff unplayable for me :(

Catvoca

Banned
This game, even more so than the first one, really feels like a Battlefield game to me. It's a pity I don't really like Battlefield games.

Marmelade

Yeah, duh! You have to! Here's what I'm telling people to put:

Subject: Star Wars Battlefront II early access key

Hi there,

I pre-ordered Star Wars Battlefront II, may I be granted the beta key? Thanks!

I entered a subject/message and am stuck after clicking on send
Tried with chrome/firefox/edge without any adblocker or anything of the sort enabled

This game, even more so than the first one, really feels like a Battlefield game to me. It's a pity I don't really like Battlefield games.
I mean Star Wars Battlefront as a series only exists because Pandemic loved Battlefield 1942 and thought the format would make a great Star Wars game. Battlefield and Battlefront are two sides of the same coin.

1. Click here: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/?...egory=codes-and-promotions&issue=invalid-code

It should select Battlefront II for PS4 with "Invalid code" issue. Change platform to PC or XB1 if that's what you desire.

MAKE SURE IT SAYS "INVALID CODE". That's the only way they'll give you instant code. Make sure you also pick the right region i.e. North America, Europe, etc.

3. Whatever email address you see is the one it'll send the email to. Doesn't matter if you change it. Check your EA account email, first and foremost.

5. Send.

7. Didn't receive a code in 5 minutes? Send another ticket. Repeat until you get it.

Thanks for this. Just did it and got the code immediately.

FWIW, I did this on my phone, using the Samsung internet browser.

Sephzilla

5. Send.

any time i try to do this now i get a phone call option instead of email

I put that in and it still gets stuck.

I entered a subject/message and am stuck after clicking on send
Tried with chrome/firefox/edge without any adblocker or anything of the sort enabled

It got stuck for me too. I had to refresh and keep on sending until it accepted it. Try your phone or desktop. Seems like the support is getting crammed with emails and can't generate many tickets.

mazillion

I have to wait til Friday to play but you really can't change FOV on PC?? WTF if true.

And you can't turn off chromatic aberration? Yikes

Catvoca

Banned
I mean Star Wars Battlefront as a series only exists because Pandemic loved Battlefield 1942 and thought the format would make a great Star Wars game. Battlefield and Battlefront are two sides of the same coin.

Pandemic's games felt very different though.

wow was not expecting for my rig to run on ultra as well as it does

I have to wait til Friday to play but you really can't change FOV on PC?? WTF if true.

And you can't turn off chromatic aberration? Yikes

the settings seemed kind of lackluster, especially compared to the extensive options for Battlefield games

Can confirm this is still working.

I had all the same hiccups with the email form actually being processed that some others have here. Figured they might have been putting an end to the automatic code delivery system.

First email didn't generate a code immediately. Waited 10 minutes. Submitted a new case for the same issues. Got a code immediately.

Downloading now! :-D

5. Send.

Can confirm this worked for me and i didnt preorder.

kaskade

5. Send.

Trying this but it doesn’t seem to want to work on my iPad’s browsers. Gotta find a PC.

Top Bottom