• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront II |BETA| Execute Pre-Order 66

SpotAnime

Yeah, finally found on the PSN store and just added to download queue. Will have to wait until after work but I will be ready!

Can't wait, this will be my go-to game through the holidays.

Jaqen19

Neo Member
I did a few hours ago and they said it's because they're not on the participating retailers list. I'll try again.

It's in the product description for the digital edition so it looks like they are unless it change during the past few days.

taoofjord

to any digital purchasers on any platform that is having issues with no key or pc users not having beta show up in origin library automatically:

Follow these steps:

Go to EA Help (help.ea.com).
Select Help with a Game.
Select SWBFII.
Scroll down and select Contact Us.
Choose your platform.
Select Codes and promotions.
Select Invalid code or Lost code.
It may ask for an error code - put none
Put in an email with details of what happened.
Literally if you are indeed eligible for a code the automated system will email you within seconds with an acutal beat key to redeem on origin/ps/xbox store.

All credit to Octosphere on reddit! https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBa..._for_people_on_origin_or_consoles_not_seeing/

Worked for me too! Thanks a ton!

Played the first map and man that framerate is far from a locked 60fps on Xbox One. And boy does it look blurry outside. But that's no wonder since it likely is 720p and on my 65 inch TV. I need to see this on One X.

Yep. And the advantage you get from an Epic starcard as opposed to a lower tier one is really small.
It's actually pretty much like the first game, which had two tiers of starcards. Now you have four tiers.

Yeah, for reference I compiled all of the starcard info from the alpha and leaks here. The gap isn't that big.

Raide

Kinda hoping they start to add some interesting variations to the star cards. Cool to have a certain amount of weapon modding too but the starcards could do with variations to keep things fresh.

bombshell

Yep. And the advantage you get from an Epic starcard as opposed to a lower tier one is really small.
It's actually pretty much like the first game, which had two tiers of starcards. Now you have four tiers.

Yep and I can accept two extra tiers on the star cards this time in return for all DLC for free.

BigEmil

I redeemed the code ages ago but nothing automatically downloaded on my PS4 yet?

Anyone else finding this blurry on the Pro? Hope it's just an old build as Battlefield 1 lokks much better.
Battlefield 1 ran below 60fps, Battlefront games tend to stick to 60fps more often, better frame rate overall

Anyone else finding this blurry on the Pro? Hope it's just an old build as Battlefield 1 lokks much better.

That is quite unexpected, wtf.

I redeemed the code ages ago but nothing automatically downloaded on my PS4 yet?

Battlefield 1 ran below 60fps, Battlefront games tend to stick to 60fps more often, better frame rate overall

Can't say the same about the beta on Xbox. Far from a great framerate.

LoveCake

I have the Star Wars Battlefront II: Elite Trooper Deluxe Edition on order with GAME UK, I have not had anything about a BETA code? It doesn't mention anything on their website about it.

Tensketch

Wait, is starfighter assault just fighter squadron from the first game? I really wanted a mode like in BF2 (2005) where you started on a capital ship and had to invade the enemy teams capital ship.

Dice, for gods sake, just skin Battlefield with Star Wars, stop trying to make it different.

I really hope the XBOX1X version is going to be heavily improved. Buying it specifically for this game, but the normal xbox is running it really blurry and far from 60fps.

Wait, is starfighter assault just fighter squadron from the first game? I really wanted a mode like in BF2 (2005) where you started on a capital ship and had to invade the enemy teams capital ship.

Dice, for gods sake, just skin Battlefield with Star Wars, stop trying to make it different.
No, it's got objectives now rather than being TDM in ships.

Palpable

Called Amazon because I never received a beta code (PS4, NA, preordered deluxe physical). They keep giving me the run around. They eventually just told me to call EA. What in the everloving fuck. Why can't these dipfucks just get their shit straight

I have the Star Wars Battlefront II: Elite Trooper Deluxe Edition on order with GAME UK, I have not had anything about a BETA code? It doesn't mention anything on their website about it.

GAME are one of the participating retailers so you should have been sent one.

United Kingdom: GAME, GAMESTOP, AMAZON, ShopTo, Grainger, Games Centre, Games Collection, Zavvi, Xbite, Smyths (Online), Tesco [online]

taoofjord

There's def a toggle crouch option on pc. And looks and runs amazing on PC.

I'm liking the changes a lot so far!! Can't wait to dig in after work!

I can't find a starfighter control setup I like...
I think there's a glitch on PS4 where if you select southpaw for star fighters it says the left stick is for pitch and yaw which I want, but then playing it has thrust and yaw on left stick which I don't want...
Anybody else on PS4 able to test and see if they have the same issue?

IdodgerI

EA website playing up for anyone else? Trying to log in but won't load the page correctly, so therefore can't get hold of my EU PS4 code as Amazon just don't wanna know. =(

Does anyone have a spare that they don't mind sharing with me please, to save me from this pain?

EDIT: nevermind guys finally got the EA website to work and now have my code. Any way to get a beta to remote download? 🤔

There’s def a toggle crouch option on pc. And looks and runs amazing on PC.

I’m liking the changes a lot so far!! Can’t wait to dig in after work!

I'll check again later. Maybe I just missed the option.

And yeah overall it plays alot better. The feedback when shooting feels great. Maybe I'm wrong but also TTK feels higher?

Top Bottom