• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

Star Wars Battlefront II: Celebration Edition is Coming December 5th

Phase

Sep 25, 2019
A celebration of what? Making a game worse than the original Battlefront II?

V4skunk

Nov 20, 2018
You can buy the original BF2 edition directly from Amazon for like £10-15.

Last edited:

KorbinDallas

Oct 8, 2019
The new map and classes are free? I'm really confused
To further this, if we don't have this new edition, will the community population be split? Not just as in, I have it you don't, but since I have it, we can no longer play together on the same map?

dottme

Sep 28, 2013

Following its release, there will be a free update adding new content based on the upcoming Star Wars: Episode IX – The Rise of Skywalker. Players will be able to play co-op plus heroes vs. villains mode on an (as of now) unknown jungle planet from the film. Additionally, there will be two new classes to choose from for both the Resistance as well as the First Order. The Resistance will be receiving a gunner and spy class which will apparently feature two new alien species from The Rise of Skywalker. The First Order will get the Infiltrator class Sith trooper that dons a red suit of armor instead of the iconic white and the Jet trooper that play in an aerial reinforcement role. Lastly, Rey, Finn, and Kylo Ren will get a new appearance based on their designs from the film that will be automatically included for adopters of the Celebration Edition.

In January, Capital Supremacy mode will be added on all mode maps of the sequel era (Episode VII, VIII, IX) as well as bringing in two new heroes. Star Wars Battlefront II: Celebration Edition releases digitally December 5 on Xbox One, PS4, and PC for $39.99 if you don’t already own the game. If you already do then you can purchase the Celebration Edition for a discounted price of $24.99.
$40 for a 2 years old game which wasn’t that successful. 😃

Reactions: Phase

Virex

Abrasive, but well-meaning
Jan 26, 2018
South Africa
Celebrate what exactly? Have people forgotten what shit EA was willing to pull with BF II. BF II is the game that pushed micro transaction discussion into the mainstream. Even politicians got involved.

royox

Nov 3, 2013
A celebration of what? Making a game worse than the original Battlefront II?

As the game is TODAY it's a much better multiplayer experience than the original BF2. More maps, more classes, more heroes, better gameplay.

royox

Nov 3, 2013
Gamers don't need this with all the DLC/Lootbox scandal but I'm sure crazy Star Wars fans will bite.

Game has no lootboxes or paid dlc and has been receiving content for the last 2 years for free.

Last edited:

Aion002

Nov 21, 2019
SP - BR
Wasn't all DLC supposed to be free for this and only microtransactions were supposed to be paid? I swore they made a big stink about that.

Yeah I remember that too.

Now I am afraid that the supposed revival of Anthem will also be locked behind a paywall.

Last edited:

Ivory Blood

Sep 9, 2018
Does anyone play this on pc?
I tried playing it with a friend a while back when we bought it for like 3$.

Got tired of it pretty quickly, the campaign is shit, multiplayer is just tryhards who grind the first kills to get Maul or Vader and then murder everyone else in seconds. Fun.