• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xzan

I really see the advantages of playing 3rd, but basically I just suck at it. Have the same problem with other 3rd person games, like Uncharted MP.
Loved playing that, but was really mediocre. I'm just better at 1st person games I think.
But I'll set myself a challenge and play 3rd person only today and see how I will fare

YZRY4VHQbkeoE.gif

Haha, pretty much me when I started using 3rd person. I still don't know how much I like it:

Pros:
  • wider FOV.
  • better awareness.
  • looks kind of cool and you can see your own emotes

Cons:
  • tiny offset to the reticle affects precise aiming.
  • wider FOV also means you're zoomed out slightly more than first person which makes it harder to target distant enemies.
  • you constantly shoot objects right in front of you despite the angle appearing unobstructed.

I often switch back to first person for better accuracy in some situations.

leng jai

Haha, pretty much me when I started using 3rd person. I still don't know how much I like it:

Pros:
  • wider FOV.
  • better awareness.

Cons:
  • wider FOV also means you're zoomed out slightly more than first person which makes it harder to target distant enemies.
  • you constantly shoot objects right in front of you despite the angle appearing unobstructed.

Yeah, this shits me to no end.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I was cheesing. I spent half of the round on foot and half in an A-Wing. I think I went something like 80 and 15 with 11,000 combat score and 10,000 award score.

Nice. I need to hop on and probably do just that. 43-1/2, and want to hit 50 before the first expansion update.

I must say I'm really enjoying the Cycler rifle now. I think it's perfect, not as beastly as the beta, and certainly not he nerfed POS it was pre patch.

Palpable

I streamed all day today and I peaked at the end with 100 people watching. That was cool. Totally lost track of time and it is now 6am. Time for bed. I'll be on to stream more tomorrow. Screw responsibilities.

Xzan

Kind of amazing how Explosive Shot usage seems to have dropped off a cliff. Most people I see are packing Personal Shield or Ion Shot, with the odd Scan Pulse here and there. I'm pretty much settled on Focus Fire in my primary hand and Ion Shot in my secondary hand these days.

That sweet, turret melting goodness in Supremacy on Sullust when Imperials jump in the turbolasers at the start of the round to cheesily pick off rebels.... SURPRISE, BITCHES!

Ozorov

Kind of amazing how Explosive Shot usage seems to have dropped off a cliff. Most people I see are packing Personal Shield or Ion Shot, with the odd Scan Pulse here and there. I'm pretty much settled on Focus Fire in my primary hand and Ion Shot in my secondary hand these days.

That sweet, turret melting goodness in Supremacy on Sullust when Imperials jump in the turbolasers at the start of the round to cheesily pick off rebels.... SURPRISE, BITCHES!

And homing shot is almost completely gone as well

Klocker

Pros:
  • wider FOV.
  • better awareness.

Cons:

as to the shooting objects in front of you, watch the reticle and the white turns a gray color when it is not going to fire past an object. Move it slightly and it goes white and you are clear

I really see the advantages of playing 3rd, but basically I just suck at it. Have the same problem with other 3rd person games, like Uncharted MP.
Loved playing that, but was really mediocre. I'm just better at 1st person games I think.
But I'll set myself a challenge and play 3rd person only today and see how I will fare

I still don't have this game but curious if most people play in 1st or 3rd person...what do you guys use?

I still don't have this game but curious if most people play in 1st or 3rd person...what do you guys use?

3rd person almost all the time. The only time I ever switch to first person is if im crouched down in a strange position trying to peak out and get a good angle on a shot.

Other than that, first person feels pretty useless.

I kinda think that homing shot should be un-nerfed but limited strictly to the Hero honor guard troops.

I would be ok with this.

I think the Jawa blaster is a shock rifle.

Edit: just double-checked and yeah, the CA-87 is a shock blaster.

Yep, the Jawa blaster is underrated for smaller modes I think. I got the "75 Kills with the shock blaster" challenge a while back and dreaded using it, but I actually got pretty decent with that thing. Its great for the smaller modes and I was wrecking shop with it on Drop Zone.

Calcium

Banned
I really hope they have another double XP weekend soon. I've been trying to get to 50 and it is really slow going. I find that doing Fighter Squadron is pretty easy since the matches are over so quick, but man watching the experience bar go up only 6-10K every round becomes monotonous.

Ozorov

I really hope they have another double XP weekend soon. I've been trying to get to 50 and it is really slow going. I find that doing Fighter Squadron is pretty easy since the matches are over so quick, but man watching the experience bar go up only 6-10K every round becomes monotonous.

There is a community challenge going on right now were the reward is double xp weekend.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Haha exactly ;).

Who do you guys think will be the hero/villian in the Outer Rim-DLC? If you get one in that pack.

I sense a Leia in Ubese armor skin (like we got Hoth Han and Luke), and the hero or villian probably Ben Kenobi or Chewbacca (since Ubese Leia brought him to Jabba). Villian would be Bossk maybe?

Ozorov

I sense a Leia in Ubese armor skin (like we got Hoth Han and Luke), and the hero or villian probably Ben Kenobi or Chewbacca (since Ubese Leia brought him to Jabba). Villian would be Bossk maybe?

As I understand we'll get four heroes/villians. So either we get two every other pack, or one per pack or one of the packs will be a "hero" pack with four.

I would love to see the Ubese armor outfit for the Jabbas Palace level coming out.

Lando goddamn Calrissian.

If we are only getting 2 heroes and 2 villains I could see it be from the following pool.

Lando
Chewbacca
Ben

IG-88
Tarkin
An Inquisitor
Another bounty hunter

I can see them wanting to add one more Saber and one more gun each, which is why I think an Inquisitor is a possibility.

Haha exactly ;).

Who do you guys think will be the hero/villian in the Outer Rim-DLC? If you get one in that pack.

I'm going to say Chewbacca and Greedo.

The Bowcaster and Rodian model are already in the game, so it would probably be easiest options to add.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
As I understand we'll get four heroes/villians. So either we get two every other pack, or one per pack or one of the packs will be a "hero" pack with four.

Maybe alternate. Pair in one pack (hero and villain for balance), and a pair of vehicles in another (again for balance)?

Lando goddamn Calrissian.

If we are only getting 2 heroes and 2 villains I could see it be from the following pool.

Lando
Chewbacca
Ben

IG-88
Tarkin
An Inquisitor
Another bounty hunter

I can see them wanting to add one more Saber and one more gun each, which is why I think an Inquisitor is a possibility.

Agreed. And the Inquisitor, if one, I sense in Rogue One.

I'm going to say Chewbacca and Greedo.

The Bowcaster and Rodian model are already in the game, so it would probably be easiest options to add.

Holy shit, forgot all about Greedo. I can see this for the Outer Rim one with Chewie as well. I am stoked to see that fur shader.

To add, I can see them having Ben Kenobi and Tarkin or Bossk on the Death Star expansion.

What do you guys think about a tournament that restricts each player to a predefined "class" similar to the old games?

Like a rifleman class that only can use the E-11/A280C and a jumppack, personal shield, and thermal detonator. Or a heavy class that can only use heavy blasters, smoke grenades, focus fire, and a barrage. Or a sniper class that can only use the T-21b, scout pistol, cooling cell, and the Cycler Rifle or pulse cannon. Or an engineer class that can only use pistols/shotgun, bowcaster, ion shot, and Ion torpedo.

5taquitos

What do you guys think about a tournament that restricts each player to a predefined "class" similar to the old games?

Like a rifleman class that only can use the E-11/A280C and a jumppack, personal shield, and thermal detonator. Or a heavy class that can only use heavy blasters, smoke grenades, focus fire, and a barrage. Or a sniper class that can only use the T-21b, scout pistol, cooling cell, and the Cycler Rifle or pulse cannon. Or an engineer class that can only use pistols/shotgun, bowcaster, ion shot, and Ion torpedo.

I dunno, I'm more partial to letting each player on the team choose on the fly. There's nothing stopping a Counterstrike team from running 5 AWPs, but variety still flourishes.

Ozorov

I think I need a brake from the game for a while. Been playing it pretty much everyday since launch and no other games. I hope we will get a new big mode with the DLC since it's the modes I like most. But three (one with one map) isn't that much. Atleast turning point will get more maps this month so I might jump on again then.

I will probably just jump in and to the daily challenges for the reward.

5taquitos

I think I need a brake from the game for a while. Been playing it pretty much everyday since launch and no other games. I hope we will get a new big mode with the DLC since it's the modes I like most. But three (one with one map) isn't that much. Atleast turning point will get more maps this month so I might jump on again then.

I will probably just jump in and to the daily challenges for the reward.

We supposedly get a new large Hoth map this month too, so the large modes are finally filling out!

I wish the Snowspeeder would do more damage against tie fighters. As it is no one wants to fly those death coffins.

Even if you can get some shots in against a Tie the dmg is so small it's ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom