• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront Specs Announced

b0bbyJ03

I've been rolling with 8 GB RAM for years and to this day have never had any issues. Do you guys think it will be worth the upgrade to 16?

btkadams

Recommended 16GB? Really? I have that, but pretty much everyone was telling me that was overkill for games (I bought it for music production anyway).

Renekton

I am really going to feel this foreshadowed CPU bottleneck soon on my i5 4490k. I fully meet the specs otherwise.

Should probably overclock the thing.
DICE is doing us a huge favor by helping erase "2500k" from the lingo.

Screw that CPU model, I'm sick of seeing it.

Let me translate it for you:
It has to run on current gen (min spec), but our hw manufacturer partners would really appreciate if you'd go and buy their latest stuff (recommended).

Kezen

Banned
GTX 970, 16 gigs of RAM, recommended specs sound like a huge overkill, doubt it'll need that much power.

That much power for what though, that's the question. It's irritating that precise targets are never given. It would not cost the earth to tell which resolution (1080p, judging by the specs), rough framerate and settings.

Plasma

Banned
Obligatory can I run this on my 980Ti post.

I'll try the beta for sure to get a feel for this game as even though it's Star Wars I'm not sure it's the Star Wars in Battlefield clothing I wanted. Still we'll see.

Just got one for this and FO4 :)

Kezen

Banned
lol at it recommending 16gb ram.

i bet it won't use more than 8gb unless you're playing at 4k.

Why would system memory usage be tied to rendering resolution ? That makes no sense.
Rendering resolution affects VRAM usage, not memory usage.

So, seems this game may be just out of reach for my PC. The 4790k can handle it but my aging 580 and 8gb of RAM could be an issue. Where do you get in on the beta thursday? Don't tell me, it's gonna be Origin exclusive?

derExperte

I can't max this until later on...looks like I'm going with the X1 version.

That makes very little sense if your PC isn't a piece of crap. You can try the beta and see how it runs.

So, seems this game may be just out of reach for my PC. The 4790k can handle it but my aging 580 and 8gb of RAM could be an issue. Where do you get in on the beta thursday? Don't tell me, it's gonna be Origin exclusive?

Of course it is, just like every EA game on PC.

DICE is doing us a huge favor by helping erase "2500k" from the lingo.

Screw that CPU model, I'm sick of seeing it.

Wait until everyone including me finds out that a 2500K is perfectly fine for this and tells everyone including you about it. :eek:

Of course it is, just like every EA game on PC.

Yeah should have guessed. Well damn, I freaking hate that thing. I'm guessing they've at least made it possible to choose where your games install on there now, but has the malware issue with it been fixed? I'll go another round with it if I have to so I can get in on the beta but not gonna take that risk if it's still a vulnerability.

Hip Hop

Yeah should have guessed. Well damn, I freaking hate that thing. I'm guessing they've at least made it possible to choose where your games install on there now, but has the malware issue with it been fixed? I'll go another round with it if I have to so I can get in on the beta but not gonna take that risk if it's still a vulnerability.

What malware issue?

prag16

Banned
I am really going to feel this foreshadowed CPU bottleneck soon on my i5 4490k. I fully meet the specs otherwise.

Should probably overclock the thing.

Why? They said 6600 "or equivalent". Anything 2500k and up is essentially "equivalent", even if not OC'd. For as long as PS4/bone are the targets, a 2500k won't be a bottleneck very often.

What malware issue?

Back when they first launched Origin I remember reading a lot of stuff about Origin having malware embedded in it. Just did a quick google search and it seems some people were still complaining about it up to January this year. Seems the original source may have been the Escapist though so now curious how much truth there was to it.

derExperte

Malware? That was like five years ago and got exaggerated to all hell. While Origin is mostly useless and doesn't add anything to PC gaming it's perfectly fine to use it for the occasional EA 'exclusive'.

Hip Hop

Back when they first launched Origin I remember reading a lot of stuff about Origin having malware embedded in it. Just did a quick google search and it seems some people were still complaining about it up to January this year. Seems the original source may have been the Escapist though so now curious how much truth there was to it.

It was blown out of proportion man.

Origin is fine. I never got the extreme hate people got for it.

KKRT00

Some time ago I realized developers just make shit up when they release specs.

They dont make shit up, they just dont clarify what 'Recommended' means.
Settings, resolution and framerate would be desirable as additional info next to 'Recommended'

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Talking shit about 2500K smh. Bow before your CPU king.

Malware? That was like five years ago and got exaggerated to all hell. While Origin is mostly useless and doesn't add anything to PC gaming it's perfectly fine to use it for the occasional EA 'exclusive'.

It was blown out of proportion man.

Origin is fine. I never got the extreme hate people got for it.

Awesome, I'll have to install it soon ready for the beta then. I have to admit the only reason I particularly disliked the client is that at the time you couldn't choose an install directory and it was flooding my drive. I couldn't be bothered to re-download everything to another drive either so just never got round to adding it again, especially after the malware story began circulating.

Glad to know its secure at the least, but yeah, it was never really anything spectacular nor a huge hindrance. It got the job done but was just a little feature slim when I last used it.

Who

Banned
CPU 1.7-GHz i5-4210
RAM 8GB
GPU Nvidia GeForce GT 840M 2GB

It should still be worth buying right?

emats12

Neo Member
the 16g of ram is to account for the unfixed memory leaks that rolled over from BF4 and AMD users.......................................

Top Bottom