• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: Battlefront teaser footage emerges, first screen, Nov 17th (PC/PS4/XB1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kriken

Think about this for a moment.

Scenes like these could become reality in Battlefront.

animation10bjeo.gif

cCPh3fg.jpg

Got it!

nRvOofT.jpg

Ready to destroy haters! Who wants a seat?

I don't like these things, but I really want this to be good and to be a part of this...

The one thing battlefront has going for it is that they are not focusing any resources on a ps3/360 sku. I believe we will finally have a solid frostbite game on console

Think about this for a moment.

Scenes like these could become reality in Battlefront.

animation10bjeo.gif

If only people online played using teamwork, then we could see that stuff in multiplayer and that would be beautiful. I've been playing Battlefield 4 for so long, so I hope that the 64 player count continues in Battlefront.

-Ryn

Banned
Sweet Lawdy jebus if the game looks that good on consoles I'm pretty sure we've merged with an alternate reality in which magic exists.

Alienous

The image is really the strangest thing. I keep looking at it to see what is impressing others so much.

It looks good. It looks beyond the capability of consoles. But it doesn't seem outside of the realm of possibilities like some would imply. The only thing 'impressive' about it, IMO, is the soft blur and lighting going into the background. But even that probably wouldn't be there in the actual game, if only for gameplay reasons.

Merc_

I'm going to enjoy watching the anger once the game gets its graphical downgrade. It's like you guys didn't learn anything from Watch_Dogs.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I'd hope that max settings DoF would be better.

Haha, yeah. You can see artifacting in the DoF. Obviously downsampled but the more I look at individual elements the more I believe it. Star Wars is a pretty great reference point for a real time engine since anyone paying attention knows exactly what they're supposed to look like and lots of it can probably be recreated without huge poly counts.

Continuation from that tweet I found this...
Trident ‏@jordan3802 Apr 12
@DICE_FireWall which system tho?

Dennis Brännvall ‏@DICE_FireWall Apr 12
@jordan3802 all of them

It looks like that on consoles ...yeah sure lol ...you know if he said that it was some beefed up PC I would have totally believed it. But this I can't.

It's a DICE Sweden game.

It's going to look good regardless, probably not as good as they present it now but still damn fine.

I'm worried more about whether or not it's fun to play and if it works.

Wagram

I remain cautious on this. They're only showing gameplay a half a year out from release? This is not the EA that we know. Hopefully they aren't rushing it to capitalize on the Star Wars 7 film. Which would make it the EA we know.

robb_w7

Banned
I wonder if it will have singleplay........

DICE are kings a MP

DICE with SP.......................................:/

Yup. Im starting to believe that such graphics are possible on Xbone and PS4. Dice can really use all that ram etc now.
This is what I'm thinking as well. Every major shooter up to this point has had a multiplatform release that has included last gen consoles. The PC can match what they showed (on a high end PC) with Battlefield 4.

ChawlieTheFair

pip pip cheerio you slags!
I wonder if it will have singleplay........

DICE are kings a MP

DICE with SP.......................................:/

It could be the shittiest SP ever, just as long as it's a Star Wars shooter i'm gonna play it lol.

This game is gonna flood EA with money.

『Inaba Resident』;160407523 said:
A lot of people aren't aware just how much old gen consoles were holding the frostbite engine back.

After watching a far cry 4 animation panel at GDC, 360/ps3 have held back every cross gen game

Elixist

Oh wow, I'll be very surprised if Sony managed to snag the marketing for this one

if they did do you think they're happy about ea access allowing xb1 users to play it earlier? if they do have the marketing rights, maybe they'll have a matching "beta" thing.

Ascenion

Not even joking with the Star Wars hype that will be going on this holiday season if they have a marketing deal with Star Wars bundles and shit forget about it. PS4 could sell 4 million a month lol.

Also throw in the price drop possibility and phew

I'd prefer EA go it alone. They really don't need either console maker to cross promote. The massive Disney marketing blitz will likely do more than Sony or MS can imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom