• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: Battlefront teaser footage emerges, first screen, Nov 17th (PC/PS4/XB1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twookie

Got it!

nRvOofT.jpg

Ready to destroy haters! Who wants a seat?

me pls

In all the time that passes between RotJ and TFA why have the Storm Troopers stay almost exactly the same? And minor tweaks or a shiny coating don't count as innovative either. The former Empire is slacking.

Dali

Maybe I'm getting old but I just don't believe this stuff any more. Or at least not without some backup. What kind of PC/gfx cards do they have running it?

I... what? No... no?
You're not getting old. It's the same dog and pony show since ps2/Xbox days. Maybe even since the switch to 3d graphics. 99% of the time developers misrepresent their games graphics and a good percentage of the time it feels like they take it a step further and tell bald faced lies when asked directly if exhibit A is an accurate representation of their game. It's completely normal to be doubtful.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Think about this for a moment.

Scenes like these could become reality in Battlefront.

animation10bjeo.gif

robb_w7

Banned
No fucking way it'll look that good

Watch Battlefield 4 PC gameplay vid on YouTube

It almost looks like that

And this engine is updated since BF4, so ill be surprised if it doesn't look like that

Frostbite engine is stunning on PC

_woLf

I really don't think the game looking like that is out of the question, at least on PC. The forests in Bad Company 2 looked pretty amazing and there are forests in Dragon Age Inquisition that look that good.

Now on consoles surely not, and on PC at 60FPS with 32 players on the screen at once, less likely. But I wouldn't be surprised if it looked close to that good, if not that good, at max settings.

Jigolo

1 screenshot released and GAF is already fighting over 1080, 900p. 60/30

Let the developers do what they want to do creatively and what they can achieve on current gen systems.

Quit bitching already. 1 fucking screenshot. 1. And we're already hearing this crap.

Is this expected to have a single player campaign? If so maybe those are campaign graphics?

Am firmly in the "show me the receipts" camp for now.

Think about this for a moment.

Scenes like these could become reality in Battlefront.

animation10bjeo.gif

Graphics alone are doing basically nothing for my hype until I'm given some reason to actually trust the game itself will be good. The design decisions in the first 2 games were awful so I'm not exactly a fan of the series, and Dice's latest shooters have been very typical super campy shooters with needless grinding and dlc that splits up the playerbase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom