• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront will not receive any Episode VII DLC

RowdyReverb

Of course they want to have content for the sequel, so this makes sense.
As bad as the prequel movies are, I feel like you could translate some of the battles into fun Battlefront scenarios. Maybe they could focus on that for DLC

I get that you want to save VII for a sequel, but this is on EA for not having something ready to satisfy people who might want to play those maps around the time the movie comes out. Not an unreasonable request.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Why would they offer that content as DLC when they can make you buy a whole new game for it next Christmas?

Uhhhh, why is everyone freaking out about this? DICE has said several times that they are focusing on the original trilogy timeline.

Rogue One probably.

Anyways, if they stick to the formula and amount of content of this one, they can easily make an Ep. 7 one by the end of 2017.

GavinUK86

It's a bit of a missed opportunity, sure, but I wasn't expecting anything.

This game is obviously focusing on the original trilogy.

Yes, the Jakku map ties to The Force Awakens but it's more about what happened after the Battle of Endor not the new stuff.

I'm happy with more maps and content with the season pass then have Battlefront (2/4?) focus on the new trilogy.

royox

Rogue One probably.

Ea please, you only have to do a game as good as this:

Rogue_squadron_2_Box.jpg

I seem to be the only guy on GAF that is enjoying Battlefront.

Everyone here is constantly complaining and bitching about it.

I think it is great fun and amazing to look at too

ironcreed

Banned
I seem to be the only guy on GAF that is enjoying Battlefront.

Everyone here is constantly complaining and bitching about it.

I think it is great fun and amazing to look at too

Oh, I think it is fun as hell when it is not lagging so much while trying to enjoy it.

Bog

Junior Ace
It's absolutely a fuckup. People have a hard on for episode VII right now. The fact that there wasn't even a Kylo/Rey hero add-on this month means someone is fucking clueless over there.

eizarus

Banned
It's absolutely a fuckup. People have a hard on for episode VII right now. The fact that there wasn't even a Kylo/Rey hero add-on this month means someone is fucking clueless over there.

This. I'd have expected, at the very least, Kylo and Rey skins for Vader and Luke respectively.

Anth0ny

Hype is high right now, some kind of DLC would have made them a bunch of money.

But I'm sure next year's release will focus on Episode VII and Rogue One.

MMaRsu

Banned
Instead of the dumbass 40 dollar/euro season pass I bought The force unleashed 1 & 2 on 360. Not amazing games but money better spent there.

adj_noun

Welp, now the old "who the heck do they get for additional Imperial heroes" problem raises its head again.

Staying in canon and the OT, you really are basically stuck with cameos and officers who don't really fight.

And Salacious Crumb.

RoKKeR

Well, I was tempted to pick up the ultimate edition or whatever next year if they were to put out ViI DLC, but I guess I'll pass. I'll play my time in the trial and then call it good.

J-Skee

Dammit. Guess I'm definitely waiting for the "complete edition" now. I love the OG trilogy, but there's so many good things from VII to take from.

Plum

Why would they offer that content as DLC when they can make you buy a whole new game for it next Christmas?

Because next Christmas the hype will have died out for TFA as well as Battlefront. EA burned too many bridges that the "wait for a sequel" approach won't really work.

RoyalFool

Banned
Shitty decision, was hoping for the price the expansion packs would offer some of the other era stuff (i.e. chars, weapons and maps).

However, if they have to scrape the barrel enough to make R2D2 a hero - i'll let them off! Do it!

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Because next Christmas the hype will have died out for TFA as well as Battlefront. EA burned too many bridges that the "wait for a sequel" approach won't really work.

It's Star Wars, the hype will never die out.

The reluctance to reveal anything about the season pass, and even information about patches and what they change, sets off serious snake oil alarms for me. I'm glad I didnt purchase the season pass yet since my confidence in it is low at the moment.

The reluctance to reveal anything about the season pass, and even information about patches and what they change, sets off serious snake oil alarms for me. I'm glad I didnt purchase the season pass yet since my confidence in it is low at the moment.
Its been a little over a month since the game came out and the movie just came out last week. I don't expect any info on the first DLC until January. Plus, they did give a numerical breakdown of what will be in the DLC.

Gonna be hilarious to see what DICE comes up with to add as villains now because there is literally no one interesting left from the OT.

Jabba carried around by a contingent of Gamorrean guards
Moff Tarkin who's only ability is to call down airstrikes from an orbiting Death Star
Tusken Raider on a bantha that's actually 3 Tusken Raiders on 3 banthas because single-file and all that
A rancor

Fuck it up? Why would you think EA would be content with just selling you $20s worth of Episode VII content.

They want to sell you $60 worth of VII content.

In Battlefront 4.
Correction: they don't want to sell you $60 worth of content, they want to sell $20 worth of content FOR $60 ;)

Toa TAK

Banned
To be honest, I kinda expected as much. Yeah I'm pretty bummed there'll be no Prequel Era/VIII stuff, but as Battlefront II showed us there's so much shit to mine in the OT, it'll be okay.

Shoot, no matter what one thinks about the prequels, it really did have some truly unique locations and characters. I would love characters like Obi Wan, General Grevious, Anakin, Darth Maul making it in.

Durden77

Damn. That's a bummer. I figured after adding in the Battle of Jakku they would surely add in more VII content. Really wanted to see Rey, Kylo and Finn.

I get they want to save it for a sequel, but it seems odd not to capitalize on the insane VII hype right now. I bet many people would pick up the game and buy the season's pass just to play as Kylo-Ren right now.

Top Bottom