• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Celebration 2016 |OT| No Bothans died to bring us this information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rootbeer

Banned
subbed. I'm not attending but i'll be watching as much of the livestreamed coverage as i can manage.

Loved all the panels and interviews last year.

curb

Banned
My biggest hope is that they show something for the next season of Rebels that will make me care about staying with the show. They did a great job of hyping the last season with great trailers but I feel as though the season didn't deliver. The things I cared most were Clone Wars related and now with
Ahsoka
and likely
the Inquisitors
gone, I'm losing interest. I do need to keep my expectations in check though and remember the show is aimed at a young demographic.

You don't think Daisy would be there next year?

Almost none of the current stars of the current trilogy are doing any autographs/photos with fans. They have been to the last and this Celebration, but not doing any of the fan meeting stuff or selling themselves. I wouldn't expect them to be doing this stuff till some time after their trilogy is done

TDLink

Interested to see what they show at the Ahsoka panel. Last two years they did Clone Wars panels and ended up giving quite a bit of details about stuff they didn't have time to get to, including the release of complete arcs with unfinished animation.

Also looking forward to the new trailer(s) and news on future films of course as well.

My biggest hope is that they show something for the next season of Rebels that will make me care about staying with the show. They did a great job of hyping the last season with great trailers but I feel as though the season didn't deliver. The things I cared most were Clone Wars related and now with
Ahsoka
and likely
the Inquisitors
gone, I'm losing interest. I do need to keep my expectations in check though and remember the show is aimed at a young demographic.

Yeah, I can see what you mean. Hoping Making Star Wars were right and this guy's turning up.

Grand_Admiral_Thrawn.png

chaislip3

Ahsoka
and likely
the Inquisitors

Filoni said that he'd announce huge news for Season 3 at Celebration that people have wanted for a while. If the rumors about said news are true, then it could get really interesting...

curb

Banned
Yeah, I can see what you mean. Hoping Making Star Wars were right and this guy's turning up.

That wouldn't do anything for me. The old EU was never my jam. If he does get introduced and makes the show better though, then I'm all for it.

Filoni said that he'd announce huge news for Season 3 at Celebration that people have wanted for a while. If the rumors about said news are true, then it could get really interesting...

As mentioned above, Thrawn wouldn't do anything for me. I honestly can't think what would be "huge" for me. They already brought in and
wrote out
my favourite Star Wars character of all time - it'll be tough for them to top that.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
The best news for season 3 would be an announcement that they're dropping adventure of the week format and introducing either a season long arc or multiple episode long arcs.

[edit]

Until they do that, I don't think Rebels will ever actually be a good show, besides the rare episode here and there.

chaislip3

That wouldn't do anything for me. The old EU was never my jam. If he does get introduced and makes the show better though, then I'm all for it.

As mentioned above, Thrawn wouldn't do anything for me. I honestly can't think what would be "huge" for me. They already brought in and
wrote out
my favourite Star Wars character of all time - it'll be tough for them to top that.

Yeah, I get what you're saying. I have a feeling that this'll be the last season, so maybe they'll have a few more surprises in store.

Yeah, I get what you're saying. I have a feeling that this'll be the last season, so maybe they'll have a few more surprises in store.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was the final season. There have been rumours saying the same thing for a while. Hopefully it does go out with a bang if that is the case.

The season finale for Rebels season 2 was great, so I'm hoping Filoni can keep it up.

I know it's for young kids, but I'd have Ezra
really dive deep into Dark Side stuff now that Kanan is blind and Ahsoka is gone
. I doubt it'll reach that level, but still...

Also, more Maul.

curb

Banned
Seeing as how people here are talking about Rebels, new Star Wars Show is up with a clip from season 3

https://youtu.be/Qe3LSQiMJUk

Well, Ezra's new hairdo isn't a selling point for me. Like his new lightsaber though.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was the final season. There have been rumours saying the same thing for a while. Hopefully it does go out with a bang if that is the case.

I thought those rumors were at least kinda debunked. I thought either Filoni or Freddie Prinze Jr. said otherwise.

The season finale for Rebels season 2 was great, so I'm hoping Filoni can keep it up.

The season opener was really strong too but the rest of the season just seemed weak to me. I'm not expecting any different for season three.

Sayers

Rebels absolutely needs to move to 3-4 episode arcs. The 2 or 3 they have done are the best episodes in the show.

I'll keep watching because this HAS to be the end of Maul and I am also fascinated by how they will handle Kanan's character from here. And you have to imagine Vader will continue to pop in on occasion.

EDIT: Yeah what's with Ezra's hair? That doesn't look good at all.
Hondo continues to be great though.

Einchy

really dive deep into Dark Side stuff now that Kanan is blind and Ahsoka is gone

Also, more Maul.

Yes, I'd love that as well but like you said, it's probably something they can't do because of the show's demographic.

curb

Banned
Rebels absolutely needs to move to 3-4 episode arcs. The 2 or 3 they have done are the best episodes in the show.

I think the target audience prevents that. There seems to be the idea that kids can't handle serialized stories. Gotta have one complete story per episode outside of the odd two-parter.

Einchy

Oh fuck, I just realized the eastern times were AM and not PM.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

BFIB

Also, more Maul.

While there are parts of Rebels I like, they really need to cut down on the ridiculous things, like Inquisitors using their lightsabers as helicopters. Took me right out of the show. Just keep it grounded.

For anyone who's attending: if you can't get a wristband for the Future Filmmakers panel, they'll stream to other stages (which you'll need a specific wristband for).

Don't think I can get there until at least 07:45 since the first train arrives just an hour before that.

curb

Banned
Wait... has there been some kind of clarification since the finale? She's not necessarily gone for sure, is she?

I'm pretty sure Filoni said that her role in the Rebels story is done, at least for now. It's been a while since I read that but what I got from it was to not expect her back on the show, at least not anytime soon.

Edit: found it

I would just say that there are probably – and I’ll give you this as we go back a ways – there are probably more stories to tell with Ahsoka Tano, but I would not believe that that would happen necessarily on Star Wars Rebels.

Source

Ezra's new haircut kind of reminds me of Galen Marek's hairstyle. Hmm...

Short haired young force-sensitive is trained by blind goateed jedi and is exposed to both sides of Force philosophy as Imperial forces fight fledgling Rebellion.

Yep, Ezra's going to make the ultimate sacrifice and then be cloned by Vader in a Kamino lab.

mr-paul

Debating on whether to go or not. I love Star Wars and a Star Wars convention sounds great, but the whole wristbands for the main panels being given out at 6am seems like a pain in the ass, especially seeing how difficult it is to get over to Excel at that time in the morning.

Was thinking of going on Friday for the Mark Hamill/Rogue One stuff, but I have no idea how possible it will be to get into them if I tube/DLR over there first thing in the morning.

It's also £36 for a day. If it isn't possible to see all the panels, it's a very expensive day out to what is essentially a glorified shop (yes, I know there'll be other stuff going on, but the big stuff is the main appeal.)

And with those panels streaming online, is there really much point unless I want to buy loads of stuff I can't afford?

If tickets were cheaper it'd be a no-brainer, but £36 is a lot to spend on something that doesn't guarantee you'll see what you want to.

Gravidee

Short haired young force-sensitive is trained by blind goateed jedi and is exposed to both sides of Force philosophy as Imperial forces fight fledgling Rebellion.

Yep, Ezra's going to make the ultimate sacrifice and then be cloned by Vader in a Kamino lab.

Lol, what if that tank in the Rogue One trailer contains him? The plot thickens...

The Force Unleashed is definitely something that doesn't need to be reintroduced to canon, as much as I like Sam Witwer.

Fuuuuuck

What do you convention experts think? Does this mean they'll be showing footage, or does Lucasfilm just hate us?

They kinda did the same thing last year with this early Rogue One teaser that was never released officially outside of Celebration. I really don't think they'll be actually showing much footage - just the title reveal and maybe a very brief sneak peak of VIII.

curb

Banned
Hmm. I see. And "more stories to tell" could even mean just chronologically earlier ones, too, like the novel.

:(

I'm sure she's
not dead. Not a Jedi so she can get out the Yoda "last of the Jedi" thing. I think she's too much of a fan favorite to kill off.

The Force Unleashed is definitely something that doesn't need to be reintroduced to canon, as much as I like Sam Witwer.

Agreed. I liked those games but I'm good with those elements can staying out of canon.

They've already salvaged the best part of Force Unleashed by keeping Sam Witwer on as Maul and Palpatine. The only other thing I wouldn't mind is the PROXY droid, I thought that was an interesting concept.

Einchy

Fuuuuuck

What do you convention experts think? Does this mean they'll be showing footage, or does Lucasfilm just hate us?

They've already shown Episode 8 footage to some people, so I'm sure they'll either show that again or more.

Roders5

Iwata een bom zal droppen
4am?! Sheeeeeiiiiiiit. I ain't prepared.
To be honest I've got no idea, never been to anything like this before, just been reading other people's opinions around the web. Also the wristband thing is new. It'll be interesting to see how people fare queuing on Friday morning.

I'd love to get a few autographs as well but I've no idea how feasible it is time wise (yes the prices also suck).

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?

not sure if want

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom