• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Celebration 2016 |OT| No Bothans died to bring us this information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a lot of pics. I'll post a bunch. I may have gotten a bit carried away. Apologies if some are a little out of focus but I used manual instead of auto (and I ain't that great with it).

SDntzCZ.jpg

kj9MljS.jpg

j1t4iSU.jpg

gsmrDnh.jpg

m0vgspF.jpg

v908nRW.jpg

FeAxCgm.jpg

fC1ojPy.jpg

fLAYbUI.jpg

m9WeeSD.jpg

Metalmarc

Got a lot of pics. I'll post a bunch. I may have gotten a bit carried away. Apologies if some are a little out of focus but I used manual instead of auto (and I ain't that great with it).

Yes now these are great pics, for instance somehow it's the first time i have seen a pic of duros mask, from this celebration

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Quite intrigued about an intimate star wars story

So they let people record it but they wouldn't stream it? The fuck, man.

I wonder if when planning this, they were go to share more (hence not streaming) but something changed and they scaled it back. It's kinda weird that they fizzled out the celebration they way they did - all signs pointed towards some larger info drops.

I wonder if when planning this, they were go to share more (hence not streaming) but something changed and they scaled it back. It's kinda weird that they fizzled out the celebration they way they did - all signs pointed towards some larger info drops.
Yeah, especially when it was revealed they were streaming the Future Filmmakers panel at the two other stages. That indicated some big stuff.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
It's weird since they showed some episode 8 stuff a few weeks ago, I figured since they showed them, they should show it again at Celebration.

I won't bitch too much but celebration was disappointing, I at least expected a real Rogue One trailer, 8's title and maybe a tiny clip of 8 and we got none of that.

TK-421

Having done Celebration 2-7 in the US, this was my first international one. Definitely a bit more subdued in terms of hype and size, the show took up the equivalent size of the first floor of mall.

My favorite part was the VR Experience by ILMxLabs, pretty cool use of the Vive.

Wish I could've attended the Rogue One panel, but couldn't get out of work early for it.

Having done Celebration 2-7 in the US, this was my first international one. Definitely a bit more subdued in terms of hype and size, the show took up the equivalent size of the first floor of mall.

My favorite part was the VR Experience by ILMxLabs, pretty cool use of the Vive.

Wish I could've attended the Rogue One panel, but couldn't get out of work early for it.

The international Celebrations have always been much smaller events.

Do we know when they plan on releasing the new Rogue One trailer?

It doesn't look like they'll be releasing the teaser they showed at Celebration, though much of it was what we've already seen anyway. It was actually shorter than the original teaser they released on the internet.

We'll probably have to wait until they release the next full trailer to see any more footage.

Boem

Do we know when they plan on releasing the new Rogue One trailer?

I've seen it, and I don't think they're going to release it at all. It really is mostly a recut version of the existing trailers, with the big thing at the end (spoilered just in case)
Darth Vader's appearance, being incredibly minor. Really all you see is his reflection in the floor.
I think the first actual new trailer that's going to be released online is going to be an entirely new trailer, with a bigger version of that character reveal. This really felt like a con-exclusive trailer, and frankly you didn't miss much. The kind of thing that works perfectly for a big, live crowd, but which is too small for an actual new trailer.

I'm fine with it that way actually. People who haven't seen it haven't missed as much as they might think (and there will be a better reveal later on), and now it's just a nice little extra for those who payed to be there.

pitchfork

Managed to find some potatocam off-screen footage of the aforementioned trailer after a quick Google search

Brief and pretty blurry but that
Vader breath
got me hyped!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom