• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Celebration 2016 |OT| No Bothans died to bring us this information

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really was losing interest in Rebels with how they are pretty much pushing all the new characters to side in favor of Clone Wars and OT characters. Instead of building on the new cast that many need more development, it's like they just want to highlight and hinge the success of the show on appeasing fanboys. OMG look it's Rex! He's a regular... Vader, Maul.... oh these new characters? Lets not get into their stories, just kill them off quick, we got to give Maul time to shine.... again.

Nyanmaruz

Ughhh...it's going to be my day off but I basically have to wake up at 7 in the morning to catch the Rogue One panel. The things I do for Star Wars godammit.

Huh, one of the artists I work with is actually attending this event. Didn't realize it was this big...

I wish I was going. heh

Qasiel

I'm gonna be there on Saturday and I can't wait! Already ran into a few Americans at the O2 last night in for the event. It's gonna be great!

To be honest I've got no idea, never been to anything like this before, just been reading other people's opinions around the web. Also the wristband thing is new. It'll be interesting to see how people fare queuing on Friday morning.

I'd love to get a few autographs as well but I've no idea how feasible it is time wise (yes the prices also suck).
Heh, I've never been to anything like this either. I'm going to get there as early as I possibly can which will be 07:50-ish.

Waldini

I suppose we'll get some BTS shots of Episode 8. Just to show how it all started "again". After that, a title? Could be. Although I'm not sure if they are going to reveal the title 1,5 years in advance of the movie itself. Still bothers me that, instead of 10 months ... we now have to wait 17 :(

Rogue One trailer. HYPE.

I suppose we'll get some BTS shots of Episode 8. Just to show how it all started "again". After that, a title? Could be. Although I'm not sure if they are going to reveal the title 1,5 years in advance of the movie itself. Still bothers me that, instead of 10 months ... we now have to wait 17 :(

Rogue One trailer. HYPE.
EP7 title was revealed as soon as it wrapped filming. Expecting the same here.

Waldini

EP7 title was revealed as soon as it wrapped filming. Expecting the same here.

Really? Didn't know that :eek:

All I remember is my girlfriend telling me years ago that Disney bought Star-Wars and that an Episode 7 was coming. In the middle of the night ... I was pumped as hell.

Still can't believe we are getting an Episode 8 and 9.

Would be quite a suprise if they suddenly get Ewan McGregor on the stage and announce an Obi-Wan spinoff .. goddamn.

Disney;
make_it_so.jpg

I'm booked for Sunday. Went to the last one, which was great. Bought a lot of stuff lol. Trouble is that I'm currently suffering from the flu. If it was a cold I'd be ok, but flu is knocking me out. I hope I'll be ok in time.

TDLink

I really was losing interest in Rebels with how they are pretty much pushing all the new characters to side in favor of Clone Wars and OT characters. Instead of building on the new cast that many need more development, it's like they just want to highlight and hinge the success of the show on appeasing fanboys. OMG look it's Rex! He's a regular... Vader, Maul.... oh these new characters? Lets not get into their stories, just kill them off quick, we got to give Maul time to shine.... again.

I completely disagree with this. I mean Maul was in literally one episode so far and Vader isn't in many more. The show doesn't bother to do much development for any characters though, old or new, and that's one of its largest problems. The entire first season had none of these "old" characters save for a brief appearance by Vader and yet it still hardly developed anyone.

After two season I still feel like Zeb and Sabine are paper thin, with Hera only being slightly better and somewhat carried by her personality. Kanan and Ezra are the only two who have received any sort of actual development and they could still do a lot more for them. Chopper is comic relief and almost doesn't count. Rex is a "regular" but he gets the same shitty treatment. He is a beloved character from The Clone Wars so we already have a lot more background and development on him, but he still is barely given anything new in this series. In fact since he was introduced in Rebels he has only had a couple of spotlight episodes, barely getting a line or appearance in many others.

The Clone Wars characters and Vader aren't the problem. On the contrary, whenever they show up it just drives home how much better they are from a character standpoint. The show still isn't doing much with them, but at least they have been developed via years in other Star Wars material. The new characters have progressed almost nowhere in two seasons of this show thus far. They all have had several episodes focused on each of them and yet they are still barely developed.

The show would be nothing without stuff like Ahsoka, Vader, and that season 2 finale episode. It at least injects something interesting into the program.

Metalmarc

Link to the rumour?

I'm gonna try and familiarise myself with the Celebration setup as much as I can before I go. I wanna be efficient and try to see everything :p
It could just be a guess based on filming but it's a
shot of Kylo and the Knights of Ren in the rain with a green lightsaber ignited in front of them. Then the VIII logo appears.

LosDaddie

Banned
VIII is releasing next year so she's most likely there. Not sure if she'll be at the autograph hall, though. She isn't this year. Only Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher are from the main cast.

Almost none of the current stars of the current trilogy are doing any autographs/photos with fans. They have been to the last and this Celebration, but not doing any of the fan meeting stuff or selling themselves. I wouldn't expect them to be doing this stuff till some time after their trilogy is done

Lame!

Well, my wallet will thank me

It could just be a guess based on filming but it's a
shot of Kylo and the Knights of Ren in the rain with a green lightsaber ignited in front of them. Then the VIII logo appears.

Hmmm, so a
flashback to what Rey saw? Or would it be a different rain scene and old Luke is preparing to fight?

I love baseless speculation. :p

Hmmm, so a
flashback to what Rey saw? Or would it be a different rain scene and old Luke is preparing to fight?

I love baseless speculation. :p
It's post-TFA and what they were filming in Ireland. So they could just be making it up. Guess we'll find out, though we won't be able to watch it.

Orlando tickets still available for next year. Hmmm... tempting, tempting.

For anyone that's gone to one in the past, how difficult is it to get into the major panels?

Should we start guessing the Episode VIII title based on absolutely nothing?

Star Wars: Episode VIII - Fall of the Resistance
Star Wars: Episode VIII - ehh I'm already out lol

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
Should we start guessing the Episode VIII title based on absolutely nothing?

Star Wars: Episode VIII - Fall of the Resistance
Star Wars: Episode VIII - ehh I'm already out lol

Star Wars: Episode VIII - ways of the force
Star Wars: Episode VIII - Fall of skywalker
Star Wars: Episode VIII - Skywalker awakens
Star Wars: Episode VIII - Return of the chosen
Star Wars: Episode VIII - the prodigy rises
Star Wars: Episode VIII - ayyyy lmao

sphagnum

Banned
It has to be something action oriented if they want to keep with the trend.

1st movie = three word title relating to underlying plot idea/person
2nd movie = four word action title
3rd movie = r____ of the ______

edit: if Lucasfilm could genuinely steal the name Battle Beyond the Stars that would by far be the best

D_prOdigy

Star Wars Episode VIII: Order and Chaos

if it was still Lucas at the helm I'd go for Chaos of the Order, or vice versa

It will surely contain 'Order', anyhow

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I think one of the rumoured titles from months ago was Order of the Dark Side, but I expect the actual one will follow the TESB style of title.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom