• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Episode 7 confirmed in 2015, 8 and 9 to follow, new film every 2-3 years

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really do have high hopes for the new trilogy. would be marvelous if it was based on the thrawn trilogy. do it disney. do it.

I'd happily accept a old republic trilogy as well.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket

126331_o.gif

Princess Leia is now a Disney princess. :lol

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Lucas said in a statement that it is “now time for me to pass Star Wars on to a new generation of filmmakers.”

This is what we wanted, right?!

Fry

Nope, this is not awful. The original saga isn't untouchable. The recent saga is mediocre. It's a big universe and there could be many more movies that would even improve on the previous ones.

I can't understand why people would be against this. I think Star Wars is overrated in general. But a new film? Two or three? I'm all for it.

NYR

38 years between Episode 4 and 7. Insane - that is, like, the entire life span of a neckbeard.

Attack of the Clones has been on the TV over the past week.

My god, what a horrid movie. I used to think it was just Hayden, but COT DAM, it's a laundry list of problems.

-Wooden acting from everyone...Portman, Jackson, and even Ewan McGregor
-Bad effects. I guess they looked good back in the day, but they have aged terribly. Nothing has weight, CGI clone troopers EVERYWHERE (WHY). Backdrops look fake and even feel like the perspective is wrong at times. OMG the CGI of the would-be assassin getting poisoned and morphing back into whatever bug being he/she was
-Made-for-TV cinematography. There is nothing grandiose or artistic about the framing or composition, there is no drama in the shots. It feels like the requirement for each frame was "can you see the actors? Good."
-The dialogue...don't even need to go into that. Did they really think having Obi Wan saying shit like "Why do I have the feeling you'll be the death of me" was CLEVER?
-Inexplicable leaps of logic. Did Anakin really just leap from his ship, fall what looks to be 50 stories, then safely and securely grab onto another ship? Did he really just lose his lightsaber, only to have Obi Wan (conveniently following 30 yards behind) reach out and grab it for him

I thought it was much better when I was younger and saw it in the theatre...I at least thought it has some cool scenes (arena fight, Jango v Obi Wan), but literally nothing holds up.

I mean, look at this shit. It feels like he is trying to create something dramatic with the lighting, but it ends up with just 4-5 medium closeups of their face as they wave their sabers around colorfully.

Sorry to vent. I just couldn't believe it was so bad...If Lucas doesn't touch these and they get some good guest directors, I have hope. I don't even want to try out Revenge of the Sith again.

And yes, the Yoda fight is fucking stupid.

why people are mad with this? this is awesome news,disney is doing a good job with marvel,with good directors the star wars universe can give us a lot of good things,they can make us forget the prequels xD

come on gaf be positive

CloudWolf

Isn't the entire post-Return of the Jedi storyline already finished by the EU? Hell, I even think they have written stories about Luke's grandchildren at this point.

jtb

Banned
As great as it is that Lucas is likely done, it's just sad that they're going to whore out a franchise that is a fucking cultural touchstone like this. If they can get good talent on board, I'm for it. But I really don't like the current stable of directors Disney has on board; really on Brad Bird would please me. I'd love a mature director (think Fincher.... I just fucking love Fincher) take it on; I mean, the Star Wars films are not, and never have been, kid films.

At least take the Bond/Empire Strikes Back approach to it; give it to established, mature directors, not idiots that only know how to do big budget "blockbuster" films.

And keep it far far far away from Nolan or Whedon.

Cipherr

I feel like i'm in an alternative world.

People are pretending this is a bad thing for the Franchise...

and lucas was a good thing, for the franchise?

weird.

You really think there should be more of these? As in 3 more? Cmon man goddamn thats the only part that strikes me as a "noooooooo" situation. I dont care about the rest, but respect the dead for crying out loud.

Meier

I'm pumped! I love the Star Wars universe still and Disney has been on a roll in recent years. Talk about go big or go home.

KillGore

I guess I'm the only one who's happy about this lol Just because it's Disney doesn't mean it's going to be bad, look at Marvel, it has improved IMO (shows, movies)

Biggzy

why people are mad with this? this is awesome news,disney is doing a good job with marvel,with good directors the star wars universe can give us a lot of good things,they can make us forget the prequels xD

come on gaf be positive

As long as they lock Lucas up in a cupboard.

Amir0x

Banned
hahahhaahahahahahah

oh i always disliked Star Wars, but I have to say I genuinely do feel bad for the fanbase. Every two years they're going to have to relive the torturous cycle of getting themselves hyped up even though they know what happened the two years prior (and the two years before that) and then the crushing disappointing followed by denial and defending of the episodes as "underrated" online in message boards and conventions

Edit:

^ on cue lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom