• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Kinect - New gameplay footage

SykoTech

No she started crying when I handed her the game unopened as she could sense it was a turd of a game. She will be much happier when the easter bunny brings her mario party 9.

Damn, that sounds even worse. Guess she just didn't want to touch it at all. Hopefully she'll enjoy MP9.

semiconscious

Gold Member
Kids LOVE stupid shit. It's why they constantly are saying "AGAIN" when you do a stupid face or make a dumb sound...

yeah... good thing we eventually grow up:

mogliches-gow3-eu-cover.jpg

Gears%20of%20War%203%20cover%20art.jpeg

growing up: the process of constantly re-defining what is & isn't 'stupid shit'...

Boss Man

Good, LucasArts can die in a fire! The bastards helped to kill my TimeSplitters.

e: it's selling? :(
dontwannalivehereanymore.jpg

This is probably the single most wrong statement in this thread. Kids LOVE stupid shit. It's why they constantly are saying "AGAIN" when you do a stupid face or make a dumb sound. It's why they play their weird little games in the yard for hours.

Seriously, do you even interact with children at all? They live for stupid shit!

So do adults, there's a reason rerun air so much and it's because people like seeing "stupid shit" over and over again.

border

Excluding accessories and digital downloads, it was probably in the top 10 of Amazon's Gaming section for most of last month. I didn't think this would manage to chart on the NPD at all, but it probably has a shot......given that it had probably 4 weeks of sales in the April NPD. I'm not sure how reflective Amazon is of the overall videogame market though.

Star Wars Kinect barely in the Top 50 now though, and the late release of a demo indicates they probably want to boost flagging sales. Strange to think what's become of what was, at one time, supposed to be the Kinect's killer app.

Alx

if anyone cares to try it out for free, a demo is up

Don't remember which modes are in it, but I'm guessing Jedi and Pod racer.

It's Jedi mission and Rancor rampage.
I tried the demo. It's not good.
I tried the Rancor game first, and didn't find it fun. The controls were ok, being able to turn/walk/run easily was a good surprise (it could benefit from a u-turn command, though), but wrecking buildings and grabbing people gets old after a few seconds. It could have been more fun with more focus on moving the beast (like having it climb things, rather than go through everything... something like a King Kong game).
Jedi fights were ok, if a bit messy. I had troubles to register jumps, but I think it's because of my setup, or I was too close. I didn't take the time to try and tune it though, because of the biggest flaw of the game IMO : the huuuuuuuge loading times. Honestly were it not for them, I would have tried to play at least a second time, but it wasn't worth the wait.

Top Bottom